• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Space Saver Spare Tire Size TourX Essence

VTSummit

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Hmmm, it shouldn't be an Enclave unless the www.wheel-size.com is wrong in saying the Enclave is 6x134 (Our wheel is 5x115) Maybe you mean the Envision (slightly smaller than the Enclave). Its not the Encore (smallest Buick SUV) which uses 5x105.
You're probably right- it's gotta be an Envision as it's a 5 bolt wheel and certainly not the little Encore thing. I have not tried it on the front, as the caliper is larger- but in a pinch I can move a rear wheel up front and put the spare on the back. My Camaro has Brembos, so the spare in that (which was not included) only fits the rear. I'd still rather have to move a rear wheel up front if a front tire is flat and put the spare on the back. Beats waiting for a tow truck.
If it EVER stops raining, I'll get pics and part numbers of how I got all that stuff in under the floor. There's an amazing amount of hidden storage if you're not afraid to cut the foam liners under the floor, you just need to be sure to leave the foam parts which support the floor panel.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Ok so I can confirm the black alloy wheel 9594807 fits. I picked one up off eBay that came with a foam ring, 125/70 tire, lug wrench and jack. It also came with a plastic carrier for the tools but since I have a sub I don't need it. If anyone local wants it you can have it.

Anyway here are some pics of it on the front, it barely clears the stock brakes so I would assume Brembos are a no go.

Also have some pics of the spare in the hole with the tools and sub.

Attachments

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
I finally gave up looking for a cheap spare wheel from 2006-2011 DTS/Lacrosse/etc. and brought a near-brand-new spare + tool kit from a local shop that strip salvage vehicles (schram Auto in Waterford, MI) for $100 + $25. It was from a 2018 Equinox. Spec:
Part number 84095141 - 17 inch steel compact spare wheel
Tire T125/70R17 from Maxxis

Similar to what Wlepse did, I took out the original Styrofoam insert (see attached photos), Put some of my own styrofoam sheets that is slightly thicker than the cross bar (so the spare wheel would sit stable and won't rock), then put the sub back in. Note that if you do it right, the original stud would have just enough threads to get your wheel + sub secured with the wing-nut.

My tool kit also came with in a nice styrofoam container that fit perfectly in the well with the cross-bar, but if I did that, the subwoofer won't fit on top anymore. So I put the jack and wrench into a plastic bag and squeezed it in the gap between the well and the spare. I also squeezed in some spare clothes, jumper cables, battery jumper, spare wiper blades, etc. Lots of space left even after all this. (See attached photos) When you do this, be aware that anything that isn't tightly secure or soft will probably move/rattle/make noise when you drive.

I also included a photo of where I put the jack to raise the rear wheel. Actually, the owner's manual has a very detailed procedure for jacking the car and changing to the spare. Strangely, it did not provide the proper tightening torque for the OEM wheels, but google tells me it is 110 Lb-ft.

Another note is that the steel wheel had a lot of clearance with the rear wheel brake calipers on my 2018 Regal TourX. I guess close to 2 inches anywhere from the wheel to the calipers, but I was not able to take a good photo...

Attachments

Last edited:

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Stevie123...glad you got one and hopefully you'll never need it. After having a blow out recently and a vacation coming up I realized it had to get done quick and the junk yard tour was getting old. I am all about being thrifty, wife says cheap, but this was something I had to get done for my own piece of mind. So now I just try to forget I paid that much for something that should be included.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Nice write-up @stevie123. An option to save a little room underneath is to store the battery charger in the Velcro straps on the hatch. See 2nd image in link below.

Adding to the list of wheel well essentials, I also carry an extra quart of oil, TP, tire repair kit, and a dead blow hammer (in case the wheel is stuck on the hub - the extra coating will not damage the wheel).

Looks good milicz. I twisted my triangle 90 degrees so that it is visible when the hatch is up. And instead of using the other straps for an emergency kit, I strapped on a portable jump starter.

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
This might sound stupid, what is part number 84095141 just the wheel or the wheel and tire?
This is the GM part number for the 17" steel wheel. In fact, you can google it for pricing at various retailers. Cost is about ~$110. If you buy new, then you would have to buy the tire (I provided the spec above). Someone said it cost $60 at Tirerack.com. Then you have to pay someone ~$15 to mount it. They you have to buy a jack and wrench.

Kamehameleon

Syracuse, NY
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I finally gave up looking for a cheap spare wheel from 2006-2011 DTS/Lacrosse/etc. and brought a near-brand-new spare + tool kit from a local shop that strip salvage vehicles (schram Auto in Waterford, MI) for $100 + $25
Just bought a "new" DTS spare from a salvage on eBay for 100 with free shipping (have a spare Jack because my father never sells anything). Will update with photos when it arrives

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Let is know how that fits up in the well. I saw several of the 145's myself but was afraid it might not fit since some threads seemed to make it sound the 125 barely fit. Mine seemed to have plenty of clearance.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Yes, the 125 barely squeaked into my GS's well (had to use some force) so unless the TourX well is a different shape, I can't see it fitting.

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
Let is know how that fits up in the well. I saw several of the 145's myself but was afraid it might not fit since some threads seemed to make it sound the 125 barely fit. Mine seemed to have plenty of clearance.
I have the same wheel and tire and it fits the Tourx both front and rear without problem. A 145 will not fit in the tire well.

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I hear you, this was a steal at $70 shipped so if I have to get a new 125/70R17 tire n.b.d-
a 145 is aprox 1" larger in diameter than the 125...

I have the same wheel and tire and it fits the Tourx both front and rear without problem. A 145 will not fit in the tire well.
Which wheel do you have?

Kamehameleon

Syracuse, NY
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Just bought a "new" DTS spare from a salvage on eBay for 100 with free shipping (have a spare Jack because my father never sells anything). Will update with photos when it arrives
Yeah, nevermind. The seller cancelled the order and refunded me because he saw I was buying it for a different car and that it wouldn't fit...

So I put the refund towards a 9594807 from a different seller.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
When I was having trouble finding a 125/70 I thought about getting the 145 and deflating it a bit to fit. Then hope like hell the compressor works when you need it. In the end I am glad I found a size that fits, takes some of the stress and worry away.

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
When I was having trouble finding a 125/70 I thought about getting the 145 and deflating it a bit to fit. Then hope like hell the compressor works when you need it. In the end I am glad I found a size that fits, takes some of the stress and worry away.
Looks like I'll be able to try the fit out tonight (hooray 2 day shipping!) - I'll post pics tonight after work.

Pedal Commander