• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

SpareTire

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I'm thinking of heading down to a local "Pick and Pull" with a tape measure and search the trunks of GMs for a spare donut. If I don't find anything I'll buy new.
Maybe runflats are the answer
The thought of my wife driving her often dark commute with only a can of fix a flat and a compressor is very concerning.
So you would prefer her out trying to change tire herself or flag down some stranger to help her, rather then call free GM service to rescue her?

meeting69

Buick Ownership
2019 Tourx
If you guys want a spare that's very close to the regular tire diameter, I bought a 165/80-17 Yokohama tire from Tire Rack and had it mounted on a junkyard 17x4 Buick donut rim. The resulting donut is a very close match to the 235/50-18 at 0.4% larger, it fits and drives fine, the tall sidewall is great over potholes and the load capacity is actually higher than our full size tires. And for ~$122 delivered it's not expensive, plus it has a speed rating of 81 mph so you're not limited to 50.
The downsides: it won't fit in the stock spare well and the tread is noisier at highway speed.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?zip-code=94112&width=165/&ratio=80&diameter=17&rearWidth=255/&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17
Agree that a spare very close to the OEM diameter of 27.25" is far superior, especially since I drive out West where you might need to drive 100 miles to get a flat tire fixed. A small diameter will create a lot of spinning in the differential. Not good. I see there is a 17x4.5" rim available. Do you have a part number on the 4" rim you used? Or car it came from?

G-437348

Agree that a spare very close to the OEM diameter of 27.25" is far superior, especially since I drive out West where you might need to drive 100 miles to get a flat tire fixed. A small diameter will create a lot of spinning in the differential. Not good. I see there is a 17x4.5" rim available. Do you have a part number on the 4" rim you used? Or car it came from?
I don’t remember, sorry. But I looked at the rim, and this is what’s stamped into it:

FUMAGALLI F2133 05 12 30 T DOT made in Brazil 17X4 DHB

Stiles

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Preferred
I don't unfortunately, but here's what is stamped into the rim that I have:

FUMAGALLI F2133 05 12 30 T DOT made in brazil DHB 17X4T

Turbo Buick Badge