Sunroof/Sun Shade problems?

DonnaEH

Buick Ownership
2010 LaCross CXS
Hello, everyone. I own a 2011 Lacrosse. The sunroof began acting up today. When I go to close it, it tilts/pops back open again. Each time you go to close it, it tilts/pops back open again.

Also, sunroof/sun shade will not fully close any more. It will only close half way.

Yes, I will be taking it back to the dealer for service, just wondering if anyone had a similar problem and what they found? Thanks.

I have a 2010 - bought it new - the other day my shade failed to close all the way. It's hot and sunny where I live. Hate the heat and sun pouring in.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Posts go back a few years. Sounds like a reprogram is in order for open/close limits (only what I know from here). My Boss Mustang however lowers and raIses door glass maybe 1/2" to release and seal gaskets each time it's open-closed (no upper door frame). This feature can get jumbled and relearn is required (note photo, shows what I'm saying). image.jpeg

Last edited:

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2007 Corvette Coupe, 2018 Cadillac ATS
my problem is that when I hit the button to close the shade it does, however, when it hits the fully shut position it reels back several inches and then stops again

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
I think I locked the sunroof, with the initial procedure. it worked for the shade. I can still control it. but its more of a manual control where if I hold the button on the 1st indent the shade open and closes, but the roof wont open. I tried the first indent option on the roof. fowards and backwards. No results. has anyone removed the fuse or battery to see if it works.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.