Sunroof/Sun Shade problems?

tjc78

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 PIII
Funny this topic comes up. My sunshade got about halfway and retracted, then two days later the sunroof did the same thing. Going to keep an eye on it.

If it acts up again, I'll try the reset.

Homlessbum

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Steps are:
With the glass panel in the closed position, hold the glass button in the close direction only to the first detent (first dent is about half way, if you press the button all the way in it won't work). Hold the button at the first detent for 15 seconds, the glass motor should reset.

Now try to close the blind with that button and it should work normally.
I just joined this message board simply to say "Thank You Spartan0199". Was driving home in Hurricane Sandy tonight when out of no where my sunroof got stuck in an open position...lol, not fun. Thanks for posting this solution. So glad boards likes this and contributors like you are happy to share and help others. Thanks again!

stevep89

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
It just happened to me today. I was all set to call the dealer tomorrow when I thought I would give this board a try and I'm glad i did. The first closes detent got it closed. Then I repeatedly clicked the first open detent all the way back till it was completely opened. When clicked the second closed detent (the auto setting) again it automatically closed all the way like it should.

Even better- my sunshade stopped closing all the way a while back also. I tried the same procedure and now my sunshade closes completely too.

Thanks spartan!

penguin66

Buick Ownership
Buick
Oh, I'll have to try this. Over the past couple of years my sunshade doesn't close completely--there is a 2" or so gap and I was going to take it to the dealer but I knew that there must be something that could be done on my own. Kind of a little leery about letting anyone do something on my baby (2010 CXS)

rexd16

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Sorry guys I thought it would be faster to just email me, I haven't been on the board since my last post. I'm not an owner, my interest is only the sunroof.

There are multiple issues that could come up with the sunroof that I might be able to help with so let me know the details of what you are experiencing.

It seems the most common issue in warranty is the roller blind only wanting to close half way. In this case you need to reset the GLASS motor.

Steps are:
With the glass panel in the closed position, hold the glass button in the close direction only to the first detent (first dent is about half way, if you press the button all the way in it won't work). Hold the button at the first detent for 15 seconds, the glass motor should reset.

Now try to close the blind with that button and it should work normally.
Hopefully, I am writing in the correct area. I just wanted to thank spartan0199 for the steps outlined above. So simple that even I could do it, doubting all the way that it would solve my problem. It worked!!! and everything is back to normal.

jacstob

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I just want to say thank you! My sunroof shade hasn't been closing on my 2010 Buick Lacrosse for about a month. I took it to the dealership a couple weeks ago and they told me it would be $200 to just look at it to see the issue. I just tried what you suggested and it worked. Thank you, thank you!

Fu8dorian

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick lacrosse
I have a 2013 Buick lacrosse and my sunroof just stop working. The shade act like it doesn't want to open . You have to softly push the button. And the glass roof doesn't work at all. Help

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 Lacrosse CXS, 2007 Corvette Coupe, 2018 Cadillac ATS
My sunroof closes in the auto mode but when it reaches the end it reverses till it stops by itself half way - anybody know a fix for this please?

Rich B.

Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse
The reprogram or variation of that seems the answer. No surprise these days with sequence of operation, electronic limits, memory and if you don't push the buttons just right, oh well. Was lucky yesterday then, wife had it open even, didn't look to see if it actually closed though:(

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.