The switch has arrived

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
What do you mean? You can purchase that S/S disable device in America. Trifecta offers one as well.
I thought your link was an ad lol.... Had to re-read that. I changed my reply

And to add to that especially for people who use remote start a lot like myself the stock switch is better

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I thought your link was an ad lol.... Had to re-read that. I changed my reply

And to add to that especially for people who use remote start a lot like myself the stock switch is better
After remote start having to turn car off then on again is is kind of a killer to me and why I haven't picked up one of these yet. The Trifecta mod is software based, I don't know if it has same restriction, but it is a few bucks more.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
After remote start having to turn car off then on again is is kind of a killer to me and why I haven't picked up one of these yet. The Trifecta mod is software based, I don't know if it has same restriction, but it is a few bucks more.
The Trifecta mod also voids warranty... So I'm not trying to go that route on my brand new car

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I don't know if it has same restriction, but it is a few bucks more.
It does not.

I'll be watching this, but am skeptical about being able to just flash software for it to work. Does the dealer even have access to the same software available overseas? The parts department can't look up anything non-US, so I would assume the same for software.

Agree about the buttons > blanks comment, though. Blanks are a bit annoying on a fully optioned car.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
It does not.

I'll be watching this, but am skeptical about being able to just flash software for it to work. Does the dealer even have access to the same software available overseas? The parts department can't look up anything non-US, so I would assume the same for software.

Agree about the buttons > blanks comment, though. Blanks are a bit annoying on a fully optioned car.
I believe the hope is that the start-stop disable function will just work as in they haven't taken it out of the programming they just removed the physical button and by replacing that button you get the functionality back

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
The Trifecta mod also voids warranty... So I'm not trying to go that route on my brand new car
That is true for the performance mod but just the auto start/stop eliminator looks like it isn't detectable by anyone when using the Transperancy aspect. The performance mods don't have the same note about that.

"Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Autostop Delete ECM software reprogramming:

-”Autostop” feature permanently disabled
-Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-The TRIFECTA flash loader and Transparency featureset optionally does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history
-Return to stock functionality included with flash loader"

Anaduff

St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
I was thinking that if you remove the console to replace the switches; now you can check to see if there is a single wire that detects the 'D' (drive) position on the shifter, and if there is such a wire, there resides a solution to defeating the auto s/s system.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I'm looking forward to how this turns out too. I'll be in Germany this summer so if works I'll definitely pick one up at the local Opel dealer.

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
I ordered the folding mirrors along with the control panel and the rear spoiler......so when they arrive Ill take to the dealer and have it all installed at the same time

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
I ordered the folding mirrors along with the control panel and the rear spoiler......so when they arrive Ill take to the dealer and have it all installed at the same time
Have you contacted them to confirm that they will actually install those parts?

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
You should have let us know your plans. I probably would have ordered the spoiler and we could have shared the shipping costs.

Maybe also the LED tail lamps with amber signals. I hate that our rear brake lamps are the same as the signals.

6:44

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
Where are you finding these parts? Do you have access to parts diagrams or part numbers?
Well in my case the Insignia GSi was my rental for 2 months in 2017! So became very familiar with the German version. Bought the GS thinking that it was the same car......looks yes, accessories not so much. So having been stationed in Germany I have lots of friends in Europe. I had one of them go their dealer and inquire for me the parts that I wanted. The draw back is that German Dealers do not ship to the US! So I had my friend order, pay and ship the item to me and then WU back the funds!....I tried the switch since that is what irked me the most.....a fully loaded car with blank switch spots!.......now that I have that Switch panel it was time to move on and get the rest of the parts that will make the GS what, in my opinion, should have been from the get go!

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
When I owned a VW, I saw some stickers to label blank buttons as features of the old Goldfinger Aston Martin DB5. They might be fun.

Search for
"VW Blank Button Stickers Funny Decals Seat Eject Missiles Oil Audi Golf Mk5 M6"
on eBay.ca
Select the item identified by the text quoted above. Be sure to swipe the picture to page 2