• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

The switch has arrived

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
When I owned a VW, I saw some stickers to label blank buttons as features of the old Goldfinger Aston Martin DB5. They might be fun.

Search for
"VW Blank Button Stickers Funny Decals Seat Eject Missiles Oil Audi Golf Mk5 M6"
on eBay.ca
Select the item identified by the text quoted above. Be sure to swipe the picture to page 2
I am the kind of guy that if I put an eject button then by God it will work as an eject button! Machine gun button...I better have and M113 minigun popping out of the car and making way during rush hour traffic........if missile button I better have a pot of 4 hellfires ready to deal with any road rage, rig, slow grandma, on the phone mom etc :)

G-584576

In for info. I contacted GM about swapping halogen headlights to the led and figured it would be a simple swap. Nope! They told me not possible. I am really hoping that the auto start/stop switch is a simple plug and play. Wouldn't it be great if there was a connection tucked under the console? Was this already answered?

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I am the kind of guy that if I put an eject button then by God it will work as an eject button! Machine gun button...I better have and M113 minigun popping out of the car and making way during rush hour traffic........if missile button I better have a pot of 4 hellfires ready to deal with any road rage, rig, slow grandma, on the phone mom etc :)
Sooo tempting but China will be reproducing soon I'm sure and offering for $6 on ebay. etc.. Let's stand by!
SMALL Blank Button Car Stickers Funny Decals Seat Eject Missiles Oil Autos VW | eBay
If they were only real!

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
The Trifecta mod also voids warranty... So I'm not trying to go that route on my brand new car
The warranty isn't void on my 2014 Regal and it's been tuned by Trifecta for 5 years now. I've had my car to the dealer for warranty work many times so makes you think this?

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
The warranty isn't void on my 2014 Regal and it's been tuned for 5 years now. I've had my car in for warranty work many times so makes you think this?
Just seems to be the consensus here and that they say the dealer can see that it's been flashed... So if by chance something software or electrical comes up they may or may not deny you

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
How would they know since it's never happened to them, it's only just speculation. I've tuned just about every car I owned recently and never had an issue with warranty work.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
How would they know since it's never happened to them, it's only just speculation.
Trifecta themselves basically say it's detectable...

I just don't trust my dealership to not be A holes about it

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
There's a transparent mode so it can't be detected. Besides they can't void the warranty, they can only deny coverage on a repair if they can prove the tune caused the part(s) to fail.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
There's a transparent mode so it can't be detected. Besides they can't void the warranty, they can only deny coverage on a repair if they can prove the tune caused the part(s) to fail.
In today's age nearly all failures could be attributed to something with the ECM... I fully understand the point your making I'm just saying it's not 💯 imo so I personally would not risk it.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Mechanical part failures aren't related to the ECM, which are the only repairs I have needed on my Regal over a 5 year period. It seems you don't know what you are talking about.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
Mechanical part failures aren't related to the ECM, which are the only repairs I have needed on my Regal over a 5 year period. It seems you don't know what you are talking about.
Yes I understand mechanical stuff won't matter for the most part. In my experience I've had far more sensors and what not fail rather than mechanical failures. Stuff like the other thread in here about the door lock failing and whatnot.

Please keep in mind that this forum is for 2018+ Regals so your experience with a older model isn't all that relevant.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
My car has all the fancy options that your car has since it has the premium 2 package. And a power door lock switch isn't controled by the ECM lol. The ECM contols the motor and transmission, all the other electronics and sensors are just electrical devices. Some of those devices are controlled by the BCM (body control module) which isn't affected by the tune.

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here's the GM full warranty information on a "tune", this is going all the way back to 2006, on how they check it and what are the steps to decline a repair. Remember this a GM statement, not a opinion.

Attachments

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
Here's the GM full warranty information on a "tune", this is going all the way back to 2006, on how they check it and what are the steps to decline a repair. Remember this a GM statement, not a opinion.
Repairs to engine, transmission, transfer case and/or other driveline components where a non-GM engine calibration has been verified are not covered under the terms of the New Vehicle Warranty.

^^^ Yeah that part...

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Obviously they didn't check for a tune (or didn't find one) in the many numerous times they repaired the motor on the last 5 GM tuned cars I had since then.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
My car has all the fancy options that your car has since it has the premium 2 package. And a power door lock switch isn't controled by the ECM lol. The ECM contols the motor and transmission, all the other electronics and sensors are just electrical devices. Some of those devices are controlled by the BCM (body control module) which isn't affected by the tune.
I stand corrected.....

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Yes, it's on them to "prove" that the failure is related to the modification. But where is your car while the legal system makes that determination. Some dealers are stricter than others.
Also, it's a violation of Federal law to tamper with the emissions system. The "map" is an emissions control device. So, unless the tuner has a CARB exemption number, it's illegal.

Of course, anything is legal if you don't get caught. Let your conscience be your guide.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
Obviously they didn't check for a tune (or didn't find one) in the many numerous times they repaired the motor on the last 5 GM tuned cars I had since then.
You sir have a good dealer or good luck.... Neither of which I can say the same apply to me here in California