• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TourX Roof Rack

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
can anyone tell me how wide ( front to back) the cross bars are on any of the options here? I need to attach my much loved ( and used) old cargo box and if too wide- won’t fit. I’m worried the GM and Thule aero bars may be too wide, and the option from Mick’s garage too low ( though I don’t have sunroof, the cargo box connecting mechanism requires a certain amount of clearance).

thanks ( 2018 TourX that I just got brand new for a sweet price 😉)
once installed the Buick branded Thule crossbars have 32-33" wide (across the roof) of usable top space. The ends are covered by the mounting brackets and are slightly wider. There are suggested points to attach the crossbars at but you can mount them just about anywhere front to back along the roof rails.

Last edited:

PDXTourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX, 2005 Audi TT, 1995 BMW R1100R, 2009 KLR650
Thanks. I guess I wasn’t clear. How wide are the actual individual crossbars from front to back? i.e. 2 inches, 3 inches? I need to fit clamps from my cargo box over them and previously had narrow ~ 1.5 inch (stock) rails on my old CR-V.
Thanks again.

QUOTE="bollox74, post: 317838, member: 50891"]
once installed the Buick branded Thule crossbars have 32-33" wide (across the roof) of usable top space. The ends are covered by the mounting brackets and are slightly wider. There are suggested points to attach the crossbars at but you can mount them just about anywhere front to back along the roof rails.
[/QUOTE]

PDXTourX

Buick Ownership
thank you!

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
That fine print says: "Shown with dealer installed accessories "

But who really reads the fine print in ads when there's other things to notice
Not only do you not notice the fine print, you forget to ask yourself if she's just gonna drive down the road with the surfboard sticking up out of the back seat of the Cascada.

Tourxfan

Buick Ownership
2018 Tourx Essence
Hi all,

I'm buying a TourX this summer, to replace our old Outback...

We're going to need a roof rack, and soon.

I've seen the accessories on Buick's website, but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually order them.

I can use Thule's European sites to look at options for the un-rebadged Opel.

Other ideas?
We went the the GM crossbars and a Kuat Vagabond X basket. Not impressed with the quality of the GM bars, the Thule’s appear to be much higher quality

Attachments

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
We went the the GM crossbars and a Kuat Vagabond X basket. Not impressed with the quality of the GM bars, the Thule’s appear to be much higher quality
I like the look of the basket. I saw one at a store this weekend was wondered if anyone Tourx owner had purchased one. I think it looks great.

Have you noticed an increase in wind noise? I noticed a slight increase in wind noise with just the OEM crossbars compared to without.

PDXTourX

Buick Ownership
How much space between the bottom of the front crossbar and the top of the closest point of the roof? Hoping this would work with the Pano roof.
The least clearance (arch of the roof - as bars are straight line) is the rear bar, center clearance. Its between 1 1/4 in and 1 1/2 inches. I have my bars mounted a bit towards the rear ( vs the suggested 'dots' on the inner rails) as I want my carrier (not pictured) to sit as far back as the liftgate would allow (have an old Thule narrow rocket type box). The further forward the bar, the more room ( full 1 1/2 inches at the front bar). I don't have the sunroof, so don't know its lift dimensions or location on your roof.

kqian111

The least clearance (arch of the roof - as bars are straight line) is the rear bar, center clearance. Its between 1 1/4 in and 1 1/2 inches. I have my bars mounted a bit towards the rear ( vs the suggested 'dots' on the inner rails) as I want my carrier (not pictured) to sit as far back as the liftgate would allow (have an old Thule narrow rocket type box). The further forward the bar, the more room ( full 1 1/2 inches at the front bar). I don't have the sunroof, so don't know its lift dimensions or location on your roof.
Thanks for the measurements! So using the front dots as points of reference, it has at least 1.5in of clearance at that point? I'll do a quick measure with my sunroof open to see if it flies under the 1.5in.

RegalD

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Hi all, just picked up my Tourx this weekend! I would like to have a bigger spread front to back for my crossbars to more securely hold my SUP. Do the Thule racks with the 4012 fit kit have to be installed at the dimples to attach safely and securely or can I position them anywhere front to back? Are there other options, it looks like the bars from Micks Garage may work, assume the feet don't have any protrusions to fit into dimples and simply clamp on to the rails? Thanks!

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Hi all, just picked up my Tourx this weekend! I would like to have a bigger spread front to back for my crossbars to more securely hold my SUP. Do the Thule racks with the 4012 fit kit have to be installed at the dimples to attach safely and securely or can I position them anywhere front to back? Are there other options, it looks like the bars from Micks Garage may work, assume the feet don't have any protrusions to fit into dimples and simply clamp on to the rails? Thanks!

I use the Thule bars, they don't utilize the dimples. I think they (Thule or Buick owners manual) say that they aren't supposed to be more than 24 inches apart but that is b.s. I only used the dimples to locate them to make sure I was square for/aft.

PDXTourX

Buick Ownership
I think the dimples are just guide marks. Nothing goes'into' the dimples. The G3 racks( that I have ) attached to the racks nicely.

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
I have the OEM cross bars and they fit anywhere on the rails - the dimples are too far forward for me - I prefer the look with the cross bars and any rack on the back of the roof. Regardless, the OEM bars clamp down firmly anywhere along the rails.

RegalD

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Thanks for the responses! I figured it didn't matter where but I would hate to order, especially overseas and not have them fit as I wish to mount them.

Pedal Commander