• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TourX Roof Rack

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I bet it has to do with the width or available width range as the front one would need to be wider than the rear. If the rear was used in the front, the rail may not have enough “bite” on the uprights to be considered safe.
That is it. The front measures +/- 42.5” between the rails (at the dimples) vs the rear at +/- 41”. Hard to get a quick measure as the roof crowns petty high inside the rails.

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
This looks awesome. Can I ask what is the length of your crossrails?
The aluminum bars measure 1.2 meters = 47.25" long, plus the plastic endcaps. You couldn't go any shorter with these feet - there's hardly any overhang.

wdk47

Buick Ownership
TourX
Hi everyone - I'd been messing around trying to find a roof rack that would work for my TourX.

As many of you know, the "Opel Insignia Country Tourer" and the "Vauxhaull Insignia Estate Country" are the sister car of the TourX in Germany and the UK respectively.

So, using my expert detective skills, I went to Thule's German website. I was able to find the Insignia Country Tourer. As I started to second guess myself, I looked up the part number of the Opel and the Buick, and guess what?? They're the same! Unfortunately, in the US, you must purchase Thule components from an authorized dealer, and not directly from Thule.

After a few exchanges via email with a Thule Customer service rep. and a trip to my local REI store (who were basically of no help whatsoever), I finally learned that there is a authorized dealer in the UK who will ship internationally. So, I went onto Roof racks, roof boxes, bike carriers, luggage bags and looked for the Vauxhall version. They have now been ordered. I'll let you guys all know when i get them in how everything works out!

Maybe Thule will give me a gift card for realizing that their product that already exists can be used on other vehicles that go under a different name!!

One thing worthy of note:
- I think that the bars and towers are exactly the same parts as what are sold here in the US, but they go under different trade names (i.e. WindBar 969 vs. AeroBlade 50", and Rapid System 753 vs. Rapid Podium)
How did the roof rack work out. I am looking for one. If it fit and you are happy could you send what is needed to order.
Thanks

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred
@wdk47 - I love my roof rack so far! I only use it for carrying my road bike, so nothing too heavy, but i love the low profile, and all of the hardware that comes along with it is high quality.

At this link, It looks like Thule has the TourX on their "fit my car" list now, so it should make shopping for a good roof rack a lot easier now. Cheers!

Side-note: I still use my Rhino Rack bike carrier that I had with my 2014 Regal sedan, which I really like.

lazinskm

Buick Ownership
Tourx
@wdk47 - I love my roof rack so far! I only use it for carrying my road bike, so nothing too heavy, but i love the low profile, and all of the hardware that comes along with it is high quality.

At this link, It looks like Thule has the TourX on their "fit my car" list now, so it should make shopping for a good roof rack a lot easier now. Cheers!

Side-note: I still use my Rhino Rack bike carrier that I had with my 2014 Regal sedan, which I really like.
Can you take a couple pictures and post? I hate the Buick bars- but I talked them into them for free after the deal was made, so I have those. I assume this is what you have?

Thule WingBar Evo 135
replaces Thule Aeroblade ARB53B
Thule Rapid Podium Foot Pack
Kit 4012

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
Can you take a couple pictures and post? I hate the Buick bars- but I talked them into them for free after the deal was made, so I have those. I assume this is what you have?

Thule WingBar Evo 135
replaces Thule Aeroblade ARB53B
Thule Rapid Podium Foot Pack
Kit 4012
@lazinskm Here's a picture of a 10' 4x4 on my roof rack. And yes, I have that one, but in the brushed aluminum color.

Ultima1987

Here is the Aeroblade setup from Thule. You need the 4012 fitment kit. I'm sure that was stated earlier in this thread. The bike racks are actually Whispbar when Yakima was importing them. I had issues fitting the Thule Circuits bike racks as the rear bar is too close to the roof for the clamps to fit. Turns out that Thule copied the Whispbar slot setup and the Whispbar racks click right in. You need to get the Thule Outride bike racks that have the option to use the slots in the Aeroblade to mount them. The Circuit does not have this option. Crossbars are 7602B and 7603B. After mounting them I think two 7603B's would work fine.

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
Thanks. Does it just attach to the rail or are those clips that go to the door edge? Also, how much overhang do you have on each side over the feet on each side?
@lazinskm It has a rubber lined clamp which clamps around the rail (which is incredibly sturdier than I thought it'd be). The clamp sticks out no more than an inch from the rail, and I have the 50 inch bar, so it sticks out maybe 4" on each side from the tower.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
The "Buick" cross-rails and Rocky Mounts Tierod bike mount (trough-style) worked well
loaded.jpg

PDXTourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX, 2005 Audi TT, 1995 BMW R1100R, 2009 KLR650
can anyone tell me how wide ( front to back) the cross bars are on any of the options here? I need to attach my much loved ( and used) old cargo box and if too wide- won’t fit. I’m worried the GM and Thule aero bars may be too wide, and the option from Mick’s garage too low ( though I don’t have sunroof, the cargo box connecting mechanism requires a certain amount of clearance).

thanks ( 2018 TourX that I just got brand new for a sweet price 😉)

Last edited:

Tom N

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I purchased the Thule bars from Buick. I had them in 2 days. Very well-made and easy to take on and off, They came with small Buick logo inserts which snap in to the side mounts as well as a keyed lock for security.

PDXTourX

Buick Ownership
I purchased the Thule bars from Buick. I had them in 2 days. Very well-made and easy to take on and off, They came with small Buick logo inserts which snap in to the side mounts as well as a keyed lock for security.
Are you saying the Buick offered bars are actually Thule, or that the dealer also sells the separately discussed ( here) Thule racks? The Thule label led racks are twice as much as the Buick/GM racks ( though those are the ones that are so tall).
whichever you got, can you tell me how wide the blades are?
Thanks

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
All the accessories Buick sells to put on those bars are made by Thule, so it would follow that they're Thule bars. I suspect these are an older/other-market Thule model that's been private-labeled. Didn't see it anywhere on Thule's site but there were a lot that have similar traits. I ordered the Thule Sidearm bike rack from Buick Accessories but Thule's website shows it discontinued with the ProRide XT as its replacement.

PDXTourX

Buick Ownership
Weird, I cannot find that listed on the site link at all.

All the accessories Buick sells to put on those bars are made by Thule, so it would follow that they're Thule bars. I suspect these are an older/other-market Thule model that's been private-labeled. Didn't see it anywhere on Thule's site but there were a lot that have similar traits. I ordered the Thule Sidearm bike rack from Buick Accessories but Thule's website shows it discontinued with the ProRide XT as its replacement.

Pedal Commander