Work in progress Carbon Fiber interior

DMills

Miami, FL
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Mayor - you installed yourself? I'll work on engines and suspension all day but I'm not too confident working on interiors, so I'd need to have it installed

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
Interiors pretty straight forward everything is holded by clips its just a matter of getting the clips out and in 1 piece , once u start working on everything you kind of get the groove to how things work and how it comes off

check a few of my previous posts i wrote details about each clip

trevgtp

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
hey mayor, to bring back a cool old thread- few questions:
1)any squeaks or anything from having removed the trim?
2)how is the finish holding up?
3)is it too glossy?
4)did you ask them to change the direction of the "weave" on the trim to the left of the HVAC? or did they just do it? and do you prefer it that way vs all going in one direction? I suppose that if they were able to split the cigarette lighter and trans cover in half to get the V it would look much much better-

I know we both have COD with this stuff, just looking for your opinions

Trev-

endurodude

Philadelphia, Pa
Buick Ownership
Buick
Turned out AWESOME, but can only get away with performance only. I just tell her I tuned it up.
I'm still getting questions about why it's louder. Just shrug my shoulders and she gives me the LOOK and then I tell her he hair looks great today.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
hey mayor, to bring back a cool old thread- few questions:
1)any squeaks or anything from having removed the trim?
2)how is the finish holding up?
3)is it too glossy?
4)did you ask them to change the direction of the "weave" on the trim to the left of the HVAC? or did they just do it? and do you prefer it that way vs all going in one direction? I suppose that if they were able to split the cigarette lighter and trans cover in half to get the V it would look much much better-

I know we both have COD with this stuff, just looking for your opinions

Trev-
nah the trim isnt something that would ever squeak, at the time a couple of clips broke from the inside but nothing has ever made a single squeak.. think of a sneaker with a shoe lace.. does that shoe lace really need all that intertwining to keep your foot in the shoe? nope the trim has never been a issue at all

2. The trim looks exactly like the day i got it back , its not something you really touch on a daily basis or weekly or monthly basis if you think about it .. (around windshield, around steering wheel , around glove box , on the doors theres no real reason id be poking them or objects would scratch them but since it is "color schemed" you wouldn't see it anyway but its durable

3. its not at all "too glossy" to me it looks just like carbon fiber it probably a little glossier than the piano black OEM interior but to me thats a good thing cause it "pops" with the all black interior and blue stitching
4. when we spoked a couple times on the phone ( very nice company and good people to deal with I will always recommend them for future projects because I trust them with my projects they asked me what parts are what and where they go so they know which way to do the weaving should be ..
the U piece around the trans cover is done to every piece inside the car is done.. im not sure if you knew that? I took everything off shipped it out and they shipped it back.. the way they did it even if it wasnt the right way it doesnt matter