• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Best tires for your Regal

Best replacement tire set you had already tried on your Regal?

• Total voters

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
It looks so much fun!

Real life version.

Or this.
I've definitely had some fun over the years drifting in the snow. Maybe I just need to get used to the Regal's AWD and how it behaves but I wasn't liking how it was acting last night.

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
I've definitely had some fun over the years drifting in the snow. Maybe I just need to get used to the Regal's AWD and how it behaves but I wasn't liking how it was acting last night.
What tires are you running on yours? I can’t say I experienced anything less than stellar when running my Conti winter tires.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
What tires are you running on yours? I can’t say I experienced anything less than stellar when running my Conti winter tires.
Goodyear Eagle Sport. They wouldn't have been my choice (I have never been a fan of Goodyear) but they came with the car and were almost new. I won't do winter tires. Never have needed them and don't want to store a set of tires.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Goodyear Eagle Sport. They wouldn't have been my choice (I have never been a fan of Goodyear) but they came with the car and were almost new. I won't do winter tires. Never have needed them and don't want to store a set of tires.
On a serious note there are winter rated all seasons now (like the Michelin Crossclimate 2) that would probably turn the TourX into a tank in the snow. They are described as having Grand Touring performance in the dry meaning that they would perform a little better than a standard all season for the non snow months of the year.

The only issue is that they are very sensitive to rotation, meaning that you've got to stick to the recommendations on tire rotation or they can easily get funny wear patterns.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
On a serious note there are winter rated all seasons now (like the Michelin Crossclimate 2) that would probably turn the TourX into a tank in the snow. They are described as having Grand Touring performance in the dry meaning that they would perform a little better than a standard all season for the non snow months of the year.

The only issue is that they are very sensitive to rotation, meaning that you've got to stick to the recommendations on tire rotation or they can easily get funny wear patterns.
I put cross climates on my daughter's FWD car. So far so good with those. I will probably put those on the Regal once these current tires are worn.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX

You can't easily cross rotate (change sides) on Cross Climates since they are unidirectional. Only front to back - back to front on same side. Or the hard way, dismount - turn - remount and rebalance.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
You can't easily cross rotate (change sides) on Cross Climates since they are unidirectional. Only front to back - back to front on same side. Or the hard way, dismount - turn - remount and rebalance.
At least, our cars' front and back rubbers are the same size.
(Still laughing at pal's ATS with unidirectional and different size front vs back, meaning no tire rotation ever)

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
(Still laughing at pal's ATS with unidirectional and different size front vs back, meaning no tire rotation ever)
Yeah I really like Sport package Genesis G70 and G80 but of course "staggered setup" :bangtard:

The only thing I want to own with a staggered setup is a garden tractor. 🚜

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Yeah I really like Sport package Genesis G70 and G80 but of course "staggered setup" :bangtard:

The only thing I want to own with a staggered setup is a garden tractor. 🚜
Or this. :BANANA:
proxy-image

ADC0731

SW Ontario
Buick Ownership
2020 Sportback Essence AWD
Installed Crossclimate 2's last week, 500 km observations below. Ironically, drove through heavy snowstorm for an hour to get them, then sunny for the trip home. They are 245 45/18 100V XL vs 96H SL. We are staying home (again) for the winter so wanted a little more traction insurance since we live in lake-effect snow country.

They are slightly louder than them OEM silenced Continentals, until wind noise drowns them out at speed. Cruising at 120kph+, no difference.

They are noticeably firmer than the Contis (which would flex almost to the rim over neighborhood speed bumps), and steering response is also noticeably better. They are also, surprisingly, smoother riding at 120kph+. (Just keeping up with traffic flow, officer.)

Too soon for a fuel mileage comparison, I'll track and report on that. Also wanting to try them out in snow, which has gone missing. Based on the forecast I might have to go to California for that.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
For my Chevy Volt, I rotate, sort of. It wears the fronts out faster, so when they are worn the rears go in the front and the new tires go to the rears. I keep the direction the same. Interestingly enough, I used to own a BMW 535i where the owners manual states to not rotate at all, as the tires settle into their corners, rotation causes the steel belts to move and the additional tread is hardly worth the effort, the BMW dealership had the gall to offer a tire rotation. Alas, AWD requires rotations to keep the tires relatively the same size. My daughter’s Subaru Crosstrek suffers from the same thing. If a tire’s sidewall gets ruined, you really need to get 4 new tires.

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
For my Chevy Volt, I rotate, sort of. It wears the fronts out faster, so when they are worn the rears go in the front and the new tires go to the rears. I keep the direction the same. Interestingly enough, I used to own a BMW 535i where the owners manual states to not rotate at all, as the tires settle into their corners, rotation causes the steel belts to move and the additional tread is hardly worth the effort, the BMW dealership had the gall to offer a tire rotation. Alas, AWD requires rotations to keep the tires relatively the same size. My daughter’s Subaru Crosstrek suffers from the same thing. If a tire’s sidewall gets ruined, you really need to get 4 new tires.
It also depends on how much wear you have on the other 3 tires.
If you are unlucky enough to damage one at extreme low miles, then you probably don't need all 4.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Installed Crossclimate 2's last week, 500 km observations below. Ironically, drove through heavy snowstorm for an hour to get them, then sunny for the trip home. They are 245 45/18 100V XL vs 96H SL. We are staying home (again) for the winter so wanted a little more traction insurance since we live in lake-effect snow country.

They are slightly louder than them OEM silenced Continentals, until wind noise drowns them out at speed. Cruising at 120kph+, no difference.

They are noticeably firmer than the Contis (which would flex almost to the rim over neighborhood speed bumps), and steering response is also noticeably better. They are also, surprisingly, smoother riding at 120kph+. (Just keeping up with traffic flow, officer.)

Too soon for a fuel mileage comparison, I'll track and report on that. Also wanting to try them out in snow, which has gone missing. Based on the forecast I might have to go to California for that.
proxy-image

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
It also depends on how much wear you have on the other 3 tires.
If you are unlucky enough to damage one at extreme low miles, then you probably don't need all 4.
i bet the BMW had run-flats.