biggest complaint about your LaCrosse

Drenski

Buick Ownership
2012 Lacrosse
I used to hate it when I first got the car initially. I drove the car in manual tiptronic mode for the first 6 months. And then after 5+ years, I don't bother any more. Now, I'm used to it.

You have the manual shift feature. If you don't like the automatic shifting (I hate the high RPM shift as well), you have other options.
My previous car was '01 Monte and I modified so that the shifting was quicker and crisp/sharp. With LaCrosse, I don't bother...
I've resorted to the manual shift from time to time when I'm on my soapbox about it. I mostly don't bother either. Thanks for the input.

Central Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 LaCrosse Premium I
The one gripe I have, that is really minor in the grand scheme of things, is the DIC speedometer theme. I always set it to "Sport Mode", but randomly when I start the vehicle, it defaults back to the factory theme. Happens about once a week. Annoying but not in a major way.

Douge428

Buick Ownership
2012 lacrosse and 2004 park ave
Please note! If you have a complaint that you NEED HELP with - please CLICK HERE to start a new topic. Right here we're just having a discussion about complaints. If you need assistance, please click here to create a new topic. Thank you!

What is the biggest complaint you have of your LaCrosse? I know we all love these cars, I'm just curious to see if there is a pattern.

I for one cant stand that i have nowhere to put my left foot when driving. I'm in a very awkward position, that I will get used to eventually. But the wheelwell really makes it difficult to get truly comfortable. I'm always trying to figure out what to do with my left foot, as I only drive with my right foot.

I'm interested to hear your pet peeves.
i haven't taken a road trip yet but I will probably have the same feeling...My other car is an 04 Park Ave...I never wanted a console but, bench seats are all but gone in my price range.

The one peeve I have is the cup holder design...if you it were deeper, the second cup/water bottle wouldn't be an issue.

Pat h

Buick Ownership
2013 Lacross, 2002 Lesabre
I thought that if you left the key in the car it would not lock. Both my husband and I got out without our keys, and the car locked us out. Had to call a locksmith to get us back in. No way to turn this off. No rain sensing windshield. No room in the front seat to place anything, phone ect. Back up mirror does not have the lines, so cant really tell where you are. Seats are uncomfortable for long drives. We bought this as our forever car, but, will definitely be trading it in. Big disappointment. Wish they still made the Lesabre. So comfortable, so much room, Love my 2002.

tombalas

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse Leather
I thought that if you left the key in the car it would not lock. Both my husband and I got out without our keys, and the car locked us out. Had to call a locksmith to get us back in. No way to turn this off. No rain sensing windshield. No room in the front seat to place anything, phone ect. Back up mirror does not have the lines, so cant really tell where you are. Seats are uncomfortable for long drives. We bought this as our forever car, but, will definitely be trading it in. Big disappointment. Wish they still made the Lesabre. So comfortable, so much room, Love my 2002.
If you subscribe to OnStar, you can use the app on your phone to unlock the doors to retrieve your key FOB.

Triciaw

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse 2014 v6 3.6L
I find I experience significantly louder road noise in my 2014 Lacrosse than I did in my 2012. This is a major negative to me. Also the drivers seat in the 2014 is not as wide as the 2012 was (and no, it is not my fannny getting bigger) I have actually gotten significantly smaller since my 2012 laCrosse ownership.

FirstBuick

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Have had my LaCrosse for about 2 months now. Major complaints-gas mileage. My 2005 LeSabre with 192000 gets a lot better mileage. The DIC on the LaCrosse right now shows 19.7 On the LeSabre, 26.7, same mix of driving. Also, road noise is more pronounced than I thought it would be, but still a nice car....

Printman

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse awd
I hate the fact the fact that my 2016 Lacrosse AWD has spent 40 days in the shop and I have owned it for 31 months. I have had mechanical issues, cosmetic issues and now computer issues that no one seems to be able to solve.

stoopid

Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Have had my LaCrosse for about 2 months now. Major complaints-gas mileage. My 2005 LeSabre with 192000 gets a lot better mileage. The DIC on the LaCrosse right now shows 19.7 On the LeSabre, 26.7, same mix of driving. Also, road noise is more pronounced than I thought it would be, but still a nice car....
What year LaCrosse? If multiple engines available, which do you have?

Buick Ownership
1998 Buick Park Avenue
Not saying your lesabre is wrong but I just noticed in my park avenue the DIC doesnt seem to think im using the same amount of fuel as the engine actually is.,.. it could be artificially inflating your mileage number.

FirstBuick

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Not saying your lesabre is wrong but I just noticed in my park avenue the DIC doesnt seem to think im using the same amount of fuel as the engine actually is.,.. it could be artificially inflating your mileage number.
Well, if thats true, hopefully the number on the DIC is not inflated in the LaCrosse also, then my mileage really sucks.....lol!

GMLover

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick LaCrosse, 2010 Buick LaCrosse, 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix, 1987 Buick Lesabre T Type
I hate the fact the fact that my 2016 Lacrosse AWD has spent 40 days in the shop and I have owned it for 31 months. I have had mechanical issues, cosmetic issues and now computer issues that no one seems to be able to solve.
I think it would be very helpful to us if you could specify the exact nature of your mechanical, cosmetic and computer issues that have kept your car in the shop for 40 days. Did you buy your 2016 new? What is the current mileage? Thanks for sharing.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
What I don't understand is how Buick made the current generation LaCrosse available with paddle shifters when everyone who drives a LaCross will never use them, but at the same time not putting the paddle shifters on the current Regal where I'm sure some folk who own them would actually use then.

:mad:

ljpgoodwin

Buick Ownership
2015 Lacrosse Leather
Drivers sunshade is too small (probably passengers too, but I don't use that one). Does not adequately block the sun when rotated to the door position.
I have yet to meet a car that doesn't have this problem!! You think they could design a sun visor that goes all the way across the window...or at least put some kind of flap or extender that will cover that last 3 maddening inches.

stoopid

Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
I have yet to meet a car that doesn't have this problem!! You think they could design a sun visor that goes all the way across the window...or at least put some kind of flap or extender that will cover that last 3 maddening inches.
I've driven a few cars with an extender as you describe. IDRC which models though, but they're out there.

Buick Ownership
2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V8
I have a 2015 Lacrosse 3.6. Biggest complaints:
1. The A-pillars. I've learned to move my head to look around them, but it's very irritating and dangerous. They do create blind spots.
2. The front brakes shudder under high speed hard (but not panic) braking. If you push hard enough on the brake pedal the shudder goes away but you don't always want to do a panic stop. The rotors aren't warped (don't pulse and they have been checked) and the pads are good (they too have been checked). This was an issue on my 2007 Lucerne also. Fixed it by putting slotted rotors on the Lucerne. Might have to do that with this car too, but the brakes are in excellent condition still, so I don't really want to spend the money.
3. Slow shifting. At wide-open throttle the shifts are sloooow--the trans doesn't slip, it's just slow. This happens when letting the transmission shift itself and when shifting it "manually." I don't drive it WOT a lot, so mostly it doesn't bother me. But when I do drive hard, I want crisp (not hard, just crisp) shifts. But speaking of manual shifting... the console lid really is placed too high and interferes.
4. The DIC. I get that stupid message that tells me to stop looking at the DIC... which I wasn't looking at until I got the message. Whose idiot idea was that? Also, sometimes it doesn't respond to touch when you try to send a pre-programmed text message. I like to send people a message telling them I'm driving and can't respond--just two quick taps. But it's more distracting trying to get the screen to respond than it would be to just send a text message on the phone. I just call them. That works fine.

All-in-all it's a nice car. Smooth ride, quiet, reliable, mostly comfortable (I have a very bad back so nothing is comfortable for very long). It could use about 50 more horsepower, though. My wife drives a Regal turbo and it's quicker than the LaCrosse, a fact she doesn't let me forget. And the adjustable steering wheel could come out a couple of more inches. Plus it irritates me that it uses the same cheap steering wheel adjuster as a Chevy Cruze.

I don't understand why people don't get better gas mileage with their 3.6 engines though. Mine averaged over 32mpg on a recent trip from here (Missouri) to California and back. In Kansas, on a 65 mph two-lane highway, it got 36mpg (very, very flat with no wind to speak of). That was what the computer told me anyway. I didn't note mileage/gallons and do the math. Around here, 22-28mpg is usual in a mix of town and country driving (we don't live in a city and do live outside of town a ways).

EDSELRANGER

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
4. The DIC. I get that stupid message that tells me to stop looking at the DIC... which I wasn't looking at until I got the message. Whose idiot idea was that? Also, sometimes it doesn't respond to touch when you try to send a pre-programmed text message. I like to send people a message telling them I'm driving and can't respond--just two quick taps. But it's more distracting trying to get the screen to respond than it would be to just send a text message on the phone. I just call them. That works fine.
+ 1 on your #4! I believe I mentioned that DIC 'safety feature' in one of my earlier posts. That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. A message telling you NOT to take your eyes off of the road, that FORCES you to take your eyes off the road.

As to your question "Whose idiot idea was that?", I hope... or at least I'd like to think that something that completely stupid wasn't implemented by the manufacturer. Generally, things that fall into the 'Too stupid to be believed' category have their roots in some nanny-state legislature.

And yes... a 'touch'-screen that seldom responds to the touch makes it just that much more frustrating.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
LMAO, roger that on the dash displays. In ME it's only the ones texting or talking on cell that might get distracted. Oops, forgot about the smoker that is looking too for the lit cigarette that dropped under seat someplace.

Noticed too on my IPad, with rough finger tips not working as well lately. Body capacitance is used to complete circuit connections on flat screens, so if your not quite as conductive as you should be or humidity factors📺

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.