biggest complaint about your LaCrosse

Jebaril

Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Base
What I don't understand is how Buick made the current generation LaCrosse available with paddle shifters when everyone who drives a LaCross will never use them, but at the same time not putting the paddle shifters on the current Regal where I'm sure some folk who own them would actually use then.

:mad:
I use my paddles all the time; love them!!

Pops2010

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
I had a 2015 and 2016 LaCrosse. The 2015 was my first LaCrosse. My biggest complaints on that one, were the touch screen RARELY would recognize my “touch”. I drove that one a lot as I used to drive 110 miles one way to work. Towards the ends of me having it (2018) the locks would start locking and unlocking on their own. Then the car would move from park to drive (showing on the DIC) like it was on crack. I took videos of it, but the dealer could NEVER find the issue. I hated that the DRL were where the “fog lights” should be.

I then got a 2016 on a huge discount when they were trying to clear out for the 2017’s. That one had the HUD, apatave headlights, and the honeycomb wheels. I loved that car. The Apple car play was very temperamental though. And I had to have the software updated numerous times.

Both the 2015 and 2016 got great gas mileage. I averaged around 33-35 MPG with gas and about 27-29 with E85.

My grandfather gave me his 2010 CXS with only 23k on it. Once again I have HID adaptive headlight, which I love. The DVD player is quirky. When my daughter is watching a movie in the back while we are running errands, when you get back in the car and start it, it won’t play.

I hate the arm rest. I can’t comfortably rest my hand on the shifter, even if I extend it. My 2015 and 2016 were perfect. The rear right seat the leather is pulling. This happened on the left in 2010 but the dealer fixed it. Now it’s out of warranty.

It doesn’t get the good gas mileage of the 15/16, but I’m guessing they improved as years went on. It doesn’t have a “dead petal” either. And the fact that it won’t lock itself when I get out and there is no key or interior trunk release is a bit frustrating.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Love this Car, however don't like the gap between the passenger door and driver door to the dash board
So only half the car you don't like ?
Between the rear passenger door and the rear drivers side door things are good ?
😁

Buicklacrosse1

South Florida
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Lacrosse Premium ll
Yes Sir, 34,500 miles, Florida car, NO issues, none of the problems, complaints listed on this forum for our Buick Lacrosse, never had the trunk open by itself , no navigation/ radio issues or fit / finish, dealer cared for since day one, paint and interior cared for by me, no car wash scratches, just the dash gap between the drive and passenger doors is our only complaint.

Arthur_Davies

A Regular
Buick Ownership
2006 Lacrosse CX
I love my old LaCrosse!

I hate the weird "pressing the gas pedal like it's morse code" thing to reset the oil light. Just as well there's no chance it can be transmitted as a radio signal - otherwise planes in the neighborhood might think I was sending a Mayday - multiple times.

Bhodi's Buick

Lake Michigan's South Shore
Buick Ownership
'13 LaCrosse 303 HP V6
I've read all 266 complaint posts in this Thread.

I've always hated reading all the posts in Threads like this on Car Forums, because it made me aware of complaints I would have never realized existed before reading about those 266 complaints right here.

I kept an open mind, and a closed mind reading through everyone's complaints and feedback.

I delayed in responding to this Thread, wanting more time discover my own individual unique complaints.
( I've only owned my '13 Leather Group FWD V6 for 'bout 2 months now )
Purchased with 21,000 miles, it now has 23,000 miles, so based this limited time spent here goes.....

Grab a cup of coffee, or, if you're in hurry, maybe come back when you have more time.

Ever notice that on forums, that the first response to Thread's question typically dictates the direction the Thread takes off in...

In this Thread, it was the A Pillar that grabbed the focus, and got piled on throughout the Thread.

Yes, that Pillar is rather humongous, BUT, since the windshield is so radically raked, it's really only the bottom third of that pillar that hinders SIDE vision, primarily at intersections.
98% of the time the car is going forward, and the LaCrosse with it's expansive windshield, really does offer an excellent view of the road ahead.
Just be mindful at those 4 way stops, and really this is a very minor complaint that got way too much attention in this Thread.

Being a "glass half full" kind of a guy, let's see what else registers as a Complaint about the LaCrosse...

Did you grab that cup of coffee yet ? Or some other beverage ?

So here's a complaint. The LaCrosse is like Rodney Dangerfield, It gets NO RESPECT.

After reading every review out their online, and watching every professional.. and painstaking amateur YouTube Video Reviews as well...

The reputation of: GM, Buick, Full Size Cars, and the Generation 1 LaCrosse itself; seems rather difficult to sway or speak positively of based on all the prior perceptions.

If memory has it, the Gen 2 Lacrosse ( Invicta Concept ) was developed using the ES 350 and BMW 5 Series as performance benchmarks to exceed and conquer those Asian and European Imports that typical American Buyers were leaving GM for back in 2008 - 09 Post GM Bankruptcy.

The LaCrosse was going win back American Buyers from Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Acura etc. by producing a superior luxury car with superior performance and technology.

GM really did succeed in this mission and endeavor, however.....
Consumers still perceived GM as pushing out crap, and Buick was crap for old folks.

Again, I've read all 266 complaints above, so many of these from our own ownership base are just "annoyances" and not truly problems.

So with the A Pillar and Reputation down, where do we head next ?
Hmmm...
Ready for a refill on that beverage yet ?

I almost want to debate several of the complaints and prove that they are just something people really had to search hard for just for the sake of adding something....

OK, here's a few observed minor annoyances:

The interior door handle ( if you can can call it a handle ) is hard to locate, and awkward to grab.

For being a Tall car in comparison to most, the roof is low and a head bump / hat knocker-offer has happened and will again until I get that limbo entry move into my muscle memory.

The interior door lock switch being on the dashboard is "different" and unconventional.

The Steering wheel is just a tad bit too large in diameter, an inch less would be perfect.

'13 model year had really no new changes, one however was a move to "electronic" steering rack moving away from hydraulic. Is this a crisp feeling, no. Is there some noticeable play in wheel, yes. Is the car still incredibly smooth and functional, YES.

Buick Spokespersons: Shaq, Tiger, and the Little Old Lady...Well..C'mon GM Ad Agencies, you can do better than that..

Well, that's it, those are my gripes. I have twice as many LIKES as I do Gripes....

Wanna hear 'em ?

Grab another drink, sure, go on....

Here goes:

The interior Dash Lighting is easy on the eyes, and that cool blue affects the mood positively compared to other vehicles that light up red or orange..

I have the 18" Chrome Plated 7 Spoke Wheels. They go Great on the car. Love 'em.

Comfort. WOW. yes, seats are fantastic.

Snubby little truck lid at the back of a " fastback " styled rear window.. Looks mighty cool on a Luxury Sedan.

Standard 7 speaker sound system, does the job admirably, it treats my music choices well coming from the easy to use and easy to read Intellilink monitor.

Last year of the Style Ports on the inner hood, nice. better than the outer in my view.

Just the right amount of Chrome in the right places, to say " American Luxury / Buick Heritage "

Shhhhh... this car is so dang quiet...what a great escape from the auditory hustle and bustle out there on the roadways.

Easy to drive.. just casually aim it down the road, pick some good music, and the commute is almost " pleasurable " except for getting caught by some long red lights to disrupt the smooth flow of it all.

The smoothness at high highway speed is unparalleled.. 70 mph cruising and it wants to go higher and smoother, and it can.

In a day and age where every manufacturer is trying get fancy and distinctive with it's rear chrome window trim at the roof line ( '14 plus Impala even as a cousin example ), the LaCrosse's simple non distinct rear chrome window treatment is a tasteful understatement to the traditional Side Spear body lines.

The dual chrome exhaust ports in the rear bumper cover... Nice Touch, Looks Great too.

303 HP in the 3.6 is nice to have, giving the motor a little workout every now and then comes without the feeling of guilt that you're "beating" on car, it can handle it and probably appreciates it too.

The shifter feels good in hand, just right...

The car is 6 years old and still smells like high quality leather, gotta love that.

If the LaCrosse does set off a cop's radar, they'll be less like to act on a LaCrosse than most other cars out there.

I'm 55, and well, I'm in a car that fits my GM Life Cycle Demographic finally.
It says I got over my mid-life need for a 2 seater, the Vette, and Nissan Z car are gone, but not forgotten.

So, go pour another, and please, do share some other complaints you might have missed...

Or... toss in a few of your likes too...

Catch you guys in some other Threads..
Let's breathe some life into this place...

Post Pictures of that thing you're complaining or complementing about too.

~ Bhodi's Buick ~

Last edited:

Jebaril

Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Base
I've read all 266 complaint posts in this Thread.

I've always hated reading all the posts in Threads like this on Car Forums, because it made me aware of complaints I would have never realized existed before reading about those 266 complaints right here.

I kept an open mind, and a closed mind reading through everyone's complaints and feedback.

I delayed in responding to this Thread, wanting more time discover my own individual unique complaints.
( I've only owned my '13 Leather Group FWD V6 for 'bout 2 months now )
Purchased with 21,000 miles, it now has 23,000 miles, so based this limited time spent here goes.....

Grab a cup of coffee, or, if you're in hurry, maybe come back when you have more time.

Ever notice that on forums, that the first response to Thread's question typically dictates the direction the Thread takes off in...

In this Thread, it was the A Pillar that grabbed the focus, and got piled on throughout the Thread.

Yes, that Pillar is rather humongous, BUT, since the windshield is so radically raked, it's really only the bottom third of that pillar that hinders SIDE vision, primarily at intersections.
98% of the time the car is going forward, and the LaCrosse with it's expansive windshield, really does offer an excellent view of the road ahead.
Just be mindful at those 4 way stops, and really this is a very minor complaint that got way too much attention in this Thread.

Being a "glass half full" kind of a guy, let's see what else registers as a Complaint about the LaCrosse...

Did you grab that cup of coffee yet ? Or some other beverage ?

So here's a complaint. The LaCrosse is like Rodney Dangerfield, It gets NO RESPECT.

After reading every review out their online, and watching every professional.. and painstaking amateur YouTube Video Reviews as well...

The reputation of: GM, Buick, Full Size Cars, and the Generation 1 LaCrosse itself; seems rather difficult to sway or speak positively of based on all the prior perceptions.

If memory has it, the Gen 2 Lacrosse ( Invicta Concept ) was developed using the ES 350 and BMW 5 Series as performance benchmarks to exceed and conquer those Asian and European Imports that typical American Buyers were leaving GM for back in 2008 - 09 Post GM Bankruptcy.

The LaCrosse was going win back American Buyers from Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Acura etc. by producing a superior luxury car with superior performance and technology.

GM really did succeed in this mission and endeavor, however.....
Consumers still perceived GM as pushing out crap, and Buick was crap for old folks.

Again, I've read all 266 complaints above, so many of these from our own ownership base are just "annoyances" and not truly problems.

So with the A Pillar and Reputation down, where do we head next ?
Hmmm...
Ready for a refill on that beverage yet ?

I almost want to debate several of the complaints and prove that they are just something people really had to search hard for just for the sake of adding something....

OK, here's a few observed minor annoyances:

The interior door handle ( if you can can call it a handle ) is hard to locate, and awkward to grab.

For being a Tall car in comparison to most, the roof is low and a head bump / hat knocker-offer has happened and will again until I get that limbo entry move into my muscle memory.

The interior door lock switch being on the dashboard is "different" and unconventional.

The Steering wheel is just a tad bit too large in diameter, an inch less would be perfect.

'13 model year had really no new changes, one however was a move to "electronic" steering rack moving away from hydraulic. Is this a crisp feeling, no. Is there some noticeable play in wheel, yes. Is the car still incredibly smooth and functional, YES.

Buick Spokespersons: Shaq, Tiger, and the Little Old Lady...Well..C'mon GM Ad Agencies, you can do better than that..

Well, that's it, those are my gripes. I have twice as many LIKES as I do Gripes....

Wanna hear 'em ?

Grab another drink, sure, go on....

Here goes:

The interior Dash Lighting is easy on the eyes, and that cool blue affects the mood positively compared to other vehicles that light up red or orange..

I have the 18" Chrome Plated 7 Spoke Wheels. They go Great on the car. Love 'em.

Comfort. WOW. yes, seats are fantastic.

Snubby little truck lid at the back of a " fastback " styled rear window.. Looks mighty cool on a Luxury Sedan.

Standard 7 speaker sound system, does the job admirably, it treats my music choices well coming from the easy to use and easy to read Intellilink monitor.

Last year of the Style Ports on the inner hood, nice. better than the outer in my view.

Just the right amount of Chrome in the right places, to say " American Luxury / Buick Heritage "

Shhhhh... this car is so dang quiet...what a great escape from the auditory hustle and bustle out there on the roadways.

Easy to drive.. just casually aim it down the road, pick some good music, and the commute is almost " pleasurable " except for getting caught by some long red lights to disrupt the smooth flow of it all.

The smoothness at high highway speed is unparalleled.. 70 mph cruising and it wants to go higher and smoother, and it can.

In a day and age where every manufacturer is trying get fancy and distinctive with it's rear chrome window trim at the roof line ( '14 plus Impala even as a cousin example ), the LaCrosse's simple non distinct rear chrome window treatment is a tasteful understatement to the traditional Side Spear body lines.

The dual chrome exhaust ports in the rear bumper cover... Nice Touch, Looks Great too.

303 HP in the 3.6 is nice to have, giving the motor a little workout every now and then comes without the feeling of guilt that you're "beating" on car, it can handle it and probably appreciates it too.

The shifter feels good in hand, just right...

The car is 6 years old and still smells like high quality leather, gotta love that.

If the LaCrosse does set off a cop's radar, they'll be less like to act on a LaCrosse than most other cars out there.

I'm 55, and well, I'm in a car that fits my GM Life Cycle Demographic finally.
It says I got over my mid-life need for a 2 seater, the Vette, and Nissan Z car are gone, but not forgotten.

So, go pour another, and please, do share some other complaints you might have missed...

Or... toss in a few of your likes too...

Catch you guys in some other Threads..
Let's breathe some life into this place...

Post Pictures of that thing you're complaining or complementing about too.

View attachment 13943
~ Bhodi's Buick ~
Good for you and thanks for sharing. I wanted your body style but ended up getting a great deal on a new (hail-damaged) 2017 base model (1SV) that’s been sitting on the lot for 2 years. I love it!

Blu05

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lacrosse
My complaint with mine (1st generation lacrosse 05-09') is panel gaps more so the hood-to-bumper gap. Mine isn't terrible but i can't adjust the bumper cover if at all since everything is lined up correctly with the exception of a minor side to side gap on the drivers side bumper cover/fender. But i could adjust the hood down more towards the rear so it's flush on all sides but the biggest gap is my hood on the passenger side at the rear near the windshield. It's such an eye sore for me! But fit and finish on these cars is tight within millimeters!

Blu05

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lacrosse
Another complaint about the 1st generation is how sensitive the electrical system is! I have a BRAKE warning light on due to a faulty fluid level sensor. Brakes are solid, stops the car on a dime, and i have new pads and rotors! No leaks no fluid loss, and my brake lines are factory and solid not corroded one bit!

But another gripe is the "optional" ABS/Traction control system on the 2005 models. It is said that buick made this feature standard equipment starting in the 2006 model year! FALSE! it's only optional on the base CX from 05'-07' only and standard on base 08'-09' CX but an example would be no abs/traction control basic am/fm radio, basic bolt-on wheel covers/w steelies, (optional aluminum or chrome plated 16' wheels) no onstar and no DIC. Now any 2006-09' CXL has these features as standard, i'm guessing 05' was mostly optional equipment across the CX and CXL trims, whereas the CXS has about every option factory installed! Other than that, i really have no complaints with mine! Long live the 3800 V6! 😀

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.