• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

Mr. Mister

Buick Ownership
TourX
You are correct, the GS bumper has no fog lights. I almost bought the parts for a GS, but I really like the fogs, so I went with the regular sportback bumper. I would assume that if you went with the GS nose, you would just zip tie the sockets out of the way, maybe covering the bulbs and sockets with electrical tape to keep out moisture. I would be afraid that if you just pulled the bulbs you might get a code on the dash.

yeah I would assume you can tape it off a tuck it out of the way, but I also worry with how weird some cars are if there’s anything that would be problematic with that, as opposed to removing the wiring, if that’s even an option, etc. Throwing codes is another good point.

Moparsandvettes did you swap bumpers too? I saw a thread with a rioja red sport back swap but don’t recall if that was yours. If not do you have any pictures of your swap? Thanks.

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
yeah I would assume you can tape it off a tuck it out of the way, but I also worry with how weird some cars are if there’s anything that would be problematic with that, as opposed to removing the wiring, if that’s even an option, etc. Throwing codes is another good point.

Moparsandvettes did you swap bumpers too? I saw a thread with a rioja red sport back swap but don’t recall if that was yours. If not do you have any pictures of your swap? Thanks.
I actually kicked off my swap this past weekend by removing the cladding around the fenders. I found a Sportback nose off Ebay that should be here later this week and ordered my SB rocker panels today. When I accumulate the bezels and other parts that won't swap off the TourX nose, I'll do the swap. The Rioja Red swap was done by Zaxer, and the detail in his swap thread was what put me over the edge to go ahead and start.

Mr. Mister

Buick Ownership
TourX
I actually kicked off my swap this past weekend by removing the cladding around the fenders. I found a Sportback nose off Ebay that should be here later this week and ordered my SB rocker panels today. When I accumulate the bezels and other parts that won't swap off the TourX nose, I'll do the swap. The Rioja Red swap was done by Zaxer, and the detail in his swap thread was what put me over the edge to go ahead and start.

hope it goes smoothly. What color?

Regal11

Manchester, NH
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal Sportback Avenir
You'll have to post pictures once its complete. Cant wait to see it

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
No, the tourx is not wired for the front parking sensors. I transferred over my forward harness with foglight provisions on the chance that the aftermarket might come up with a kit for the GS bumper.

The shifter would be a simple swap, but it isn't really any different than the stock one other than the GS logo.

Chinese designed DRL lights for their Regals GS'...

1597001196132.png

1597001298670.png

1597001376485.png

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Good luck! I actually had a lot of fun with this project - can’t wait to see your results!

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
For GS parts you might reach schramautoparts (Schram Auto Parts - The Best in New and Used Parts)

View attachment 24832
Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Black Hawk

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Thank you RoRi for documenting this journey. You have built a gorgeous car and I look forward to following in your footsteps with my own vehicle. Your research and efforts to find and source the parts clearly a result of a lot of effort and time spent so I appreciate your willingness to share with the community.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!