• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

RoRi

@RoRi

Were you able to replace dust shields without removing hubs?
I definitely remember removing the hubs in the rear. I can't remember the fronts though, but I think so.

Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Park Avenue 2020 Buick Regal Sportback Essence
For those looking to lower their cars, at least the FWD Sportbacks with the 4 link rear suspension, not sure about the AWD Sportbacks and TourX with the 5 link rear, Chevrolet sells a lowering kit for the Malibu which is the same E2XX architecture and same basic layout as the Regals. I am wondering if their lowering kit would fit. From knowing what we know about the architecture and similarities and the RPO codes, it seems it would.

Malibu RPO Suspension Codes:

MALIBU RPO SUSPENSION CODES.jpg

Regal RPO Suspension Codes:
REGAL RPO SUSPENSION CODES.JPG

Malibu Lowering Kit:
Malibu lowering kit.JPG

kevjam79

Missouri
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Pref. Grp. II
For those looking to lower their cars, at least the FWD Sportbacks with the 4 link rear suspension, not sure about the AWD Sportbacks and TourX with the 5 link rear, Chevrolet sells a lowering kit for the Malibu which is the same E2XX architecture and same basic layout as the Regals. I am wondering if their lowering kit would fit. From knowing what we know about the architecture and similarities and the RPO codes, it seems it would.

Malibu RPO Suspension Codes:

View attachment 21558

Regal RPO Suspension Codes:
View attachment 21559

Malibu Lowering Kit:
View attachment 21560
I am curious as well. Will our dampers survive on this setup? Is the corner loading similar enough so that the spring rates will be effective for the Regal? Has anyone cross referenced with the Opel parts bin?

Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Park Avenue 2020 Buick Regal Sportback Essence
I am curious as well. Will our dampers survive on this setup? Is the corner loading similar enough so that the spring rates will be effective for the Regal? Has anyone cross referenced with the Opel parts bin?

So the corner loading comment got me thinking. I did some research on the Regal and Malibu curb weights, and they are quite different.

Malibu seems to be 3,100 to 3,300 lbs.

Regal and TourX are 3,700 to 4,300 lbs.

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
The Malibu springs are not any cheaper than the H&Rs either.

kevjam79

Missouri
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Pref. Grp. II
Have you looked at the H&R springs in detail? There are 8 different versions for our cars. I suspect that it relates to weight distribution based on engines, transmissions and other options. The Opel packages are not quite the same as ours so I have an email into H&R now to dive a little deeper.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Have you looked at the H&R springs in detail? There are 8 different versions for our cars. I suspect that it relates to weight distribution based on engines, transmissions and other options. The Opel packages are not quite the same as ours so I have an email into H&R now to dive a little deeper.
Could you ask if they have a stiffer spring than keeps TourX ride height as is?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
South Australia
Buick Ownership
Holden Calais V - Tourer
Interesting Build. Apart from the Calais / Calais V, we have over here what is known as the RS-V. This one has a few subtle mods (namely springs and 20 inch rims).. I does lack some features such as HUD, Leather, Sunroof and Digital dash (standard on the Calais-V) but looks the business...

Attachments

• RS-V 2.PNG
    RS-V 2.PNG
    565.2 KB · Views: 139
  • RS-V.PNG
    RS-V.PNG
    498.1 KB · Views: 140
  • RSV-3.PNG
    RSV-3.PNG
    519.3 KB · Views: 136

ezpotato

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Looks good, I wonder if they have a version that fits the stock TourX bumper.
I ordered a different one from Europe, took a lot of fabbing, but still doesnt look like it really belongs. but i like it more than not having it. It's called the Variox lip. It was a bit of work, cutting, sanding, etc.

Attachments

• 20200320_105000.jpg
    20200320_105000.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 135

.saint

I ordered a different one from Europe, took a lot of fabbing, but still doesnt look like it really belongs. but i like it more than not having it. It's called the Variox lip. It was a bit of work, cutting, sanding, etc.
Off topic, but I follow you on insta. @saintworks

voodoosoul

Buick Ownership
tour x
Very nice. Where did you get the yellow fog lights?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I used to have the Lamin-X yellow tint on one of my older car's fogs.
Since no one makes the yellow tint on our TourX, I just swapped the bulb to a yellow one instead.

Oscarr

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I took delivery of a brand new GS last month. OMG what a car. It is all about the active suspension. It may be impossible with all the electronics but if you could swap those onto your build it would change everything. Standard setting is under damped and prone to bottoming. Sport mode takes care of any bottoming problems and is still smooth enough to drink your coffee. GS mode is the magic carpet. It flattens right out on the corners and tweaks the handling as you go so you feel like a genius in the corners.
My problem is the seat is crippling me. It is too radical for my back. Do you think the seats from an Essence Sportback would plug right into my GS harness okay with no other modifications? I would be trading down in technology so it might work. Thanks for any advice about the seat.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!