• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

RoRi

I took delivery of a brand new GS last month. OMG what a car. It is all about the active suspension. It may be impossible with all the electronics but if you could swap those onto your build it would change everything. Standard setting is under damped and prone to bottoming. Sport mode takes care of any bottoming problems and is still smooth enough to drink your coffee. GS mode is the magic carpet. It flattens right out on the corners and tweaks the handling as you go so you feel like a genius in the corners.
My problem is the seat is crippling me. It is too radical for my back. Do you think the seats from an Essence Sportback would plug right into my GS harness okay with no other modifications? I would be trading down in technology so it might work. Thanks for any advice about the seat.
They should. You will lose passenger memory function and the ventilation, but everything else should work.

Last edited:

Oscarr

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
They should. You will loose passenger memory function and the ventilation, but everything else should work.
Thanks for the feedback. Memory I can do without so long as I have the power adjustment functions.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Yeah, thanks GM, I guess, but you could have done better.

So all those buttons on the center console actually do something?

Nice wheels, brakes , seats, etc.

Olds12

Buick Ownership
Holden ZB Commodore RS Wagon
Interesting Build. Apart from the Calais / Calais V, we have over here what is known as the RS-V. This one has a few subtle mods (namely springs and 20 inch rims).. I does lack some features such as HUD, Leather, Sunroof and Digital dash (standard on the Calais-V) but looks the business...

That is the car they built for VanGisbergen, the V8 Supercar driver..??

Attachments

• FA130854-C83E-4E39-BC2F-9878DB692011.jpeg
    FA130854-C83E-4E39-BC2F-9878DB692011.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 130

madlife

Buick Ownership
None. Researching on a TourX
RoRi, how do you like the TourX compared to your Saabaru? As a long time Subaru owner, I'm looking for a newer/lower mileage wagon and the TourX appeals becauase its more spacious than the other US options for its price range.

As I've grown older, I appreciate comfort now.. I currently have an 08 Outback Turbo and a 2011 TDI Sportwagen with B8.5 S4 seats in it. I like the driving dynamics of the outback better, but the comfort refinement of the TDI.

I actually stumbled upon your thread while searching putting GS seats into an TourX!

RoRi

RoRi, how do you like the TourX compared to your Saabaru? As a long time Subaru owner, I'm looking for a newer/lower mileage wagon and the TourX appeals becauase its more spacious than the other US options for its price range.

As I've grown older, I appreciate comfort now.. I currently have an 08 Outback Turbo and a 2011 TDI Sportwagen with B8.5 S4 seats in it. I like the driving dynamics of the outback better, but the comfort refinement of the TDI.

I actually stumbled upon your thread while searching putting GS seats into an TourX!

I love it for all the reasons you mentioned. The ride is so comfortable. The GS seats are amazing. The rear seat space is huge. More cargo space.
It's slower than the Saabaru, but I don't mind that anymore.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
RoRi, how do you like the TourX compared to your Subaru? As a long time Subaru owner, I'm looking for a newer/lower mileage wagon and the TourX appeals because its more spacious than the other US options for its price range.

I have a 2014 Subaru (Slowbrau) Forester Premium with 6 speed manual as I needed a cheap AWD transportation appliance. At the time I could not justify a XT.
Subaru, Meh and more Meh. The Buick is my Ah!!! car. My TourX was so heavily discounted it was no more costly than the Subaru!

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I still miss my 05 LGT wagon and if Subaru came out with another with a manual transmission I would probably switch, but really only for three reasons. 1) manual 2) sound 3) great aftermarket support. I hope #3 will start to develop...even if it is European supply. Otherwise this car is way more comfortable than my LGT, last summer I drove straight from NJ to SC only stopping for gas once and when I arrived I felt great. I have never had that experience before. The TourX really eats up the miles in comfort.

G-63344

They should. You will lose passenger memory function and the ventilation, but everything else should work.
I've had the essence seat in my 2019 GS for a couple months now. All the electronics work including the memory. The new seat was a little better but still hurt my back so I reshaped the foam. The biggest difference was putting a wedge on the seat under my tailbone. Now it's the most comfortable car, no more back problems.

Stiles

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Preferred
Thanks for the feedback. Memory I can do without so long as I have the power adjustment functions.

Are you interested in selling your GS seats? I'm looking for a pair. Cash in hand.

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
Would someone with a GS/Essence take a picture of the wiring harness on the passenger seat? I have a Preferred and am interested in getting the GS seats for my car, but need to know if there's power on the passenger side (I do see the power for the airbag, though).

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
These are for sale. I decided to keep the GS wheels and sell the 20"s.

20" 5x115 with 255/35R20 tires and TPMS sensors.

I have $1340 in them including the wheels, powder coating, tires, and TPMS. Asking $1300 OBO

Should fit:
2018-2019 Cascada
2016-2018 Envision
2017-2019 Lacrosse
2018-2019 Regal
2015-2017 Verano
2015-2016 Cadillac ATS
2016-2018 Chevy Malibu

RoRi, I know this is a real long shot, but have you sold these yet?

Mr. Mister

Buick Ownership
TourX
I read through this thread, twice actually, so apologies if I am missing this or if I misunderstood, but you lose the fogs going from stock TourX bumber to GS bumper. What do you do with the wiring, etc. for that piece?

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
I read through this thread, twice actually, so apologies if I am missing this or if I misunderstood, but you lose the fogs going from stock TourX bumber to GS bumper. What do you do with the wiring, etc. for that piece?
You are correct, the GS bumper has no fog lights. I almost bought the parts for a GS, but I really like the fogs, so I went with the regular sportback bumper. I would assume that if you went with the GS nose, you would just zip tie the sockets out of the way, maybe covering the bulbs and sockets with electrical tape to keep out moisture. I would be afraid that if you just pulled the bulbs you might get a code on the dash.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!