• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Carvana Offer......WOW....

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
You don't believe that do you? $2.40 to $3 is not doubling. Gas prices are going up because the economy is moving again so demand is up. Add to that the Russian hacking shutdown of the pipeline. OPEC has also limited exports. There is also the changeover to summer blends that adds to price.
🙄

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat
Back to the original thread topic....

These Carvana offers are very tempting, but..... I have no idea what would replace the Tourx. Not just due to the current high used prices, but in general the vehicles I like are way out of my price range and don't get as good MPG as the Tourx. I mean some Hybrid's I've researched (i.e MDX) get worse highway MPG than the Tourx (and the new MDX is much more $$$ than I paid for my Tourx).

I am interested in test driving the Ford Mach E but there are so few around my area (most are sold before they hit the dealers lot) and I'm not in the position to spend $46k + on a vehicle. The new Audi eTron looks great inside and out, but it costs as much as my first 3 bedroom home, so that is a solid 'no'.

idahoguru

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
2 out of 5 are TourX ? Any other wagons in that stable ?
Nope. A 2018 Yukon XL Denali, Subaru Legacy, and a Nissan Titan. Bought the first Tourx for me until the wife got hold of the key fob and that all she wrote. Left her 2018 Denali parked in the garage so I decided to get one for me. But now we just turned 56 and decided we have had enough of the rat race so we are going to retire and the next goal 100 countries in the next 10 years (if borders open up). So working on selling all of the crap we accumulated and start traveling. I might try to rent an Opel while we are in Europe.

Attachments

• 20201009_174445.jpg
    20201009_174445.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 11

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The chip shortage has nothing to do with trump or Biden. There's a pandemic going on and China shut down for a while.

Also demand for chips is outpacing the capacity of the factories. Intel is building new plants in the US but won't be running for a couple years.

I will be curious if automakers build their own chip plants or if they strike exclusivity deals. It's one thing to delay the release of a smartphone due to a chip shortage, but delaying an entire car is ridiculous.
Ya think? It is going to have a lot to do with BIDEN my friend and be prepared for gas at $5 a gallon because they want you to buy electric and GM Buick is spending $27 billion on hoping to shove EV down our throats! Gas at $2 a gallon will not get people to buy EV. Russia and SA however can get gas to $1.50 if they want.

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
Ya think? It is going to have a lot to do with BIDEN my friend and be prepared for gas at $5 a gallon because they want you to buy electric and GM Buick is spending $27 billion on hoping to shove EV down our throats! Gas at $2 a gallon will not get people to buy EV. Russia and SA however can get gas to $1.50 if they want.
Exactly. Biden has declared war on fossil fuels. The first thing he did was to shut down new drilling on Federal land. You see, fossil fuels are bad!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Sorry but where the hell does everyone get there misinformation from! It's the price of crude that is set on the world market, guess no one was paying attention last year when Russia and OPEC were in a pissing match that drove the price down below, because of Covid-19 being the lead story, that of 2002, check the stock listing on commodity prices WTF.

Screenshot_20210514-062246.jpg

The $4.00 gallon mark was on it's way years ago as long term memory loss apparently is another forum epidemic, the EU and Japan both have aggressive conversion to electric vehicles / hybrid so maybe look at information beyond Fox and Friends LOL.

RedX

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX
Carvana will be by in the morning. Ill keep you all posted on how it went.

Here is the new whip....one wheel peeeeeeeeeeeeel

Attachments

• 20210512_150651.jpg
    20210512_150651.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 24

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
The $4.00 gallon mark was on it's way years ago as long term memory loss apparently is another forum epidemic, the EU and Japan both have aggressive conversion to electric vehicles / hybrid so maybe look at information beyond Fox and Friends LOL.
Have you ever heard of Supply and Demand? l guess they don't talk about that on CNN. LOL

Biden is all about cutting the supply of oil. Nothing complicated about it. LOL

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Stock market is proof and crude has been rising look at the charts and then read the facts on how those prices are being obtained. I don't watch any news other than BBC as the US news is more worried about the Kardashians then what's happening in the world.

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
Carvana will be by in the morning. Ill keep you all posted on how it went.

Here is the new whip....one wheel peeeeeeeeeeeeel
Very nice looking sports Sedan. Did you tire of the station wagon? It was only two years old.

RedX

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX
Very nice looking sports Sedan. Did you tire of the station wagon? It was only two years old.
Lack of fun. Wagon is truly excellent but misses the mark.

New ride makes me giggle a lot. Its truly shocking how good it is drive one.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
It is all Covid related I think? Shortages of chips. I want the TRUMP economy back. Everybody get back to work. Glad to see some states cutting unemployment benefits.
Your post derailed this thread with politics…this thread is about trade-in values

RedX

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX
Wow.....what an easy process.

Nicky came out, took about 20 seconds to visually inspect car, took some photos, and paid me.

I signed the docs, and it was done. Probably took 7 minutes total. What an easy and painless experience. She didn't event look for the rock chips I mentioned in my submission.

It was just so......easy.

If anyone is thinking about it, I would totally suggest it.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence

Nicky came out, took about 20 seconds to visually inspect car, took some photos, and paid me.

I signed the docs, and it was done. Probably took 7 minutes total. What an easy and painless experience. She didn't event look for the rock chips I mentioned in my submission.

Good to know! Thanks for all the info.

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership

For pricing, they'll probably add $3,000 to whatever they paid you.

RedX

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX
26300 is what they paid me.

19 Essence with just Sights and Sounds. 15k miles on it.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!