• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Coding in additional information pages/themes to Guage Cluster

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
Engine was also up to temperature this time. Your first pic looks like engine wasn't even warmed up?
Correct. First one was me leaving work - launching it in front of company's president windows)))))))) Wondering, if she thinks that I'm too excited to go home :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Yeah, 7.5 sounds better. Thanks for beating on your car....for science! 🙂

I've noticed the TourX pulls back on power (a surging sensation) until it is properly warmed up.

We don't have launch control - so just getting it to 6.4s would require manual shifting and red line and hope for the best.

IMO- It's definitely faster in manual... but pulling to redline doesn't help. Trifecta's chart shows above 5500 rpm our engine is exhausted so don't wait for redline! (For chart click link and scroll down). And manual mode makes for a more snappy shift between gears.

Again, thanks for your trial runs @Uniqez!

Something tells me that if I got this dash upgrade I'd keep it on the performance menu most of the time.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I think if they could code in the side view cameras to show in that center circle (like map) when you use you directional that would be sweet.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Correct. First one was me leaving work - launching it in front of company's president windows)))))))) Wondering, if she thinks that I'm too excited to go home :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
1600482880616.png

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
When you say this, are you referring to the turn by turn instructions in the cluster, or the full map like the Opel/Vauxhall/Holden variants are capable of?
So, I have discovered today that I have both. When I have GPS selected on the cluster, I can have either map displayed or step-by-step instructions by clicking up ones. Have you check that on yours?

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
Correct the older HMI based vehicles allowed that no clue why they discontinued that in the Harmon applications especially since the promise was to get google/apple maps to display there a few years back...

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Correct the older HMI based vehicles allowed that no clue why they discontinued that in the Harmon applications especially since the promise was to get google/apple maps to display there a few years back...
Reserving for Cadillac?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
That definitely has happened but the next MY they put it everywhere else to spread out the cost. Cadillac got the Harman units in 2017.5 so its WAY past that time.
I don't recall seeing the nav map is showing on the IPC of the Equinox or Terrain that has the Harman units.

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
I don't recall seeing the nav map is showing on the IPC of the Equinox or Terrain that has the Harman units.
They don't. None of them got it despite the statement that they would :(

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Did the swap today on my 2019 white needle (comments on the process on the GS cluster swap thread). Works well, I'm happy with the look. Only thing I can't seem to figure out how to get compass direction to display next to gear selected. Anyone have a clue? It's on the photos of the red needle example earlier in this thread. However looking at the WAMS website the photos of white needle cars it isn't showing there either.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Did the swap today on my 2019 white needle (comments on the process on the GS cluster swap thread). Works well, I'm happy with the look. Only thing I can't seem to figure out how to get compass direction to display next to gear selected. Anyone have a clue? It's on the photos of the red needle example earlier in this thread. However looking at the WAMS website the photos of white needle cars it isn't showing there either.
I've never had the compass show along the bottom of my cluster, before or after WAMS worked their magic. Chalk this up to another difference between the two units.

The only way to have it shown is to go to the navigation screen or have it displayed on the HUD. Obviously, the HUD option isn't applicable to everyone.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Was your old cluster displaying the compas?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!