• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Coding in additional information pages/themes to Guage Cluster

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
"Red Needle VS White Needle" situation sadly :(

Also...

Working OT today while everyone else rests and did a thing... I think this thing a bunch of you have asked for... ;)

What about changing spash screen to Opel via USB on the red needles?

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
Can you show us all the options that are possible (and not) for the red needle?

I've read the post and I'm confused as to what the limitations are.

Thank you.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Not going to happen via usb but we can do it right now as a ship in service. Includes the actual Opel theme as well.
Just naive hopes🤣🤣 I will probably ended up buying programming module from you guys and do some other good things with HMI😃(like video unlocking etc). I like Opel theme on the cluster, but for the HMI prefer Buick theme- as it has black background for main screen(vs white for opel). But I was wondering, if splash logo could be changed, without changing the whole theme.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Can you show us all the options that are possible (and not) for the red needle?

I've read the post and I'm confused as to what the limitations are.

Thank you.
The only limitation for red needles- no ability to change pocket gauges. Everything else is pretty same with white needles. Bonus for red needles is an ability to display GPS map in the middle of the speedometer.

Attachments

• 20200917_052856.jpg
    20200917_052856.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 19

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
I think I'll have to take a GS for a test drive (to get the feel of the speedo gauges in the center and not have a full length needle).

but I don't know if I should...

Years ago I test drove my buddies Chevy Caprice with 5.7LT1 where he put in a Tremec T56 6speed... a week after that I started to source parts for my own such mod.

This is why I never test drove a SRT-8 Dodge knowing after that the RT seats would be too plain.

If I do take the GS for a spin, must resist going into Sport or GS mode or using the V-6 to it's potential...

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Anyone know if the GS cluster (white needle) has the same green gear icon indicator? It’s not shown in mine yet.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
Not exactly the instrument cluster, but some coding was involved...

Done.JPG

There isn't any animation, but there is a little background music that sounds during the boot-up.
(And a big thank you to WAMS.)

Uniqez

Buick Ownership

View attachment 26450

There isn't any animation, but there is a little background music that sounds during the boot-up.
Nice mate. Did you ended up unlocking the video playback too? Sent the unit or purchased the module?

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS

View attachment 26450

You're most welcome! there should be welcome animation though if you could check that would help us out a ton! Exit the vehicle, lock it and walk away for ten minutes. Unlock, enter the vehicle and close the drivers door but dont touch anything else, you should see welcome animation on both the cluster and the radio :)

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
I stand corrected--the griffin emblem on the touchscreen is sort of animated--in that it gets slightly larger in diameter over the few (about 5) seconds it is displayed & then fades out. I'm also pretty sure that 'Audio cues' & 'Set audio cue volume' are new [under Settings/System/Sounds]--don't remember seeing them after checking all the settings after the 22.TEN software upgrade.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Looked for it today on a negative camber left turn that always lit it up on the old cluster. Nothing showed up in the new cluster--at least in touring mode...
Nothing shows up on mine either where typically it would in the old cluster. Not a big deal but ends my little game of trying to make it illuminate.😂

Get your turbo buick badge right here!