• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Do you use regular or premium? LTG engine.

Do you use regular or premium? If you switched from one to the other. Did you feel any difference?

• Premium

Votes: 57 87.7%
  • Regular

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Mid grade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ben Daigneault

2019 Regal GS
Dan,
Is Speedway serving top tier gas in your area?
They certainly aren't around here.
Good point D2! Be careful with cheap fuel, remember that fuel additives package are different from a Brand to another and cheaper fuel also mean cheaper additives package.

you may pay more but getting a good fuel quality and long term, you’ll save on maintenance, fuel consumption etc. A clean system will keep the performances specs close to 100% day to day.
Think about replacing an defective injector because of the dirt, how much it is ? 60$+.
Let say 60$ so if you save 5 cents per
Liter by buying cheaper fuel, so 60$ means 12 fill up with 5 cents discount ? At the end of the day, is the 5 cents saving worth that 60$ part plus labour, plus wasting time etc etc !

Also, forget about adding any aftermarket fuel treatment/cleaner etc in fuel...DONT DO THAT.
that could cancelled the fuel additives jobs in your fuel (anti-foaming, anti-wear etc) Same things on the lube side.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
2018 Regal TourX
Dan,
Is Speedway serving top tier gas in your area?
They certainly aren't around here.
Premium vs. Regular: What's the Right Gas for Your Car or SUV? - ExtremeTech

In their section on "top tier" it says... "All of the top 10 gasoline retailers, by service-station count, are Top Tier: Shell, Exxon, Chevron, Speedway, BP, Circle K, Mobil, Sunoco, Valero, and QuikTrip. They account for more than half of all gasoline sales (57 percent of market share), according to the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS)."

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
Banana peels and stale beer as fuel, great plan!

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
I'm pretty sure you have to pay for that certification each year. They probably stopped paying for it, but I doubt they changed their fuel additive formula.
If it costs money, I bet they changed it. These companies aren’t in business to make you feel good.

RTF

I didn’t want to start a whole thread to ask, but what kind of turbocharger and size is the OEM unit for the LTG engine? It looks like with the trifecta tune, the power is similar to the GS.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!