Has anyone replace their Tourx wheels?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Try Velox - Costco sells them.
Personally would not buy aftermarket wheels, even if going to designated snows. Discount Tire will changeout for free if you bought snow tires from them. Did upgrade tires and rims on my truck but got GM wheels.
PS Nice pictures, but concerned about stock offset on non stock wheels.

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Why would you want to lower a TourX?

Fleuger99

Austin, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
He's got a gap with his new wheels that in my opinion would look nicer and more sporty with the car sitting a little lower. Also, some of us don't want the fake SUV look but rather a sporty version of the wagon one can get in the EU and other parts of the world.

Why would one make any mods to any car? Because in the eye of the beholder, it looks/performs better.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Well the stock gap between my tires and the fake suv fender protectors, makes vehicle less likely to get damaged. But then I have always been more concerned about function over form. I wanted vehicle that would perform thru conditions of considerable snow, not the slammed to the ground look of a super car. But you are right about the eye of the beholder, woman seem to use makeup even if I think they look better without. But like lipstick on a pig, you can not deny it is hard to convince a pig they look better without it.

Fleuger99

Austin, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Well the stock gap between my tires and the fake suv fender protectors, makes vehicle less likely to get damaged. But then I have always been more concerned about function over form. I wanted vehicle that would perform thru conditions of considerable snow, not the slammed to the ground look of a super car. But you are right about the eye of the beholder, woman seem to use makeup even if I think they look better without. But like lipstick on a pig, you can not deny it is hard to convince a pig they look better without it.
A set of sport springs lowers the car about 3/4 of an inch to an inch so its hardly 'slammed to the ground'. Many years ago I had a Jetta TDI wagon that felt rather floaty at highway speeds and I put a set of Eibach sport springs on the car and it improved performance significantly, made the car feel 'buttoned down' on the highway and in cornering.

The fact that one can get this car in the EU with a sport model means it has the capability to be more street/sport focused but we don't have that option here in North America unless you create it yourself as some other's have done on this forum with fantastic results. Each unto his own.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Do not care what they do in the EU, they seem to be more crazy then the crazies here.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Do not care what they do in the EU, they seem to be more crazy then the crazies here.
Well, you asked why anyone would lower it. He answered that he gained handling performance on a previous vehicle by changing the springs (which I've also done and agree with). 3/4 of an inch is hardly anything and some sport springs would more than likely help give a TourX a sportier ride.

You do know the car was designed by "crazies" in the EU, right?

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
Given the option, if available in the States, I would be all over the slightly lower sport wagon version with the 20" wheels.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Well, you asked why anyone would lower it. He answered that he gained handling performance on a previous vehicle by changing the springs (which I've also done and agree with). 3/4 of an inch is hardly anything and some sport springs would more than likely help give a TourX a sportier ride.

You do know the car was designed by "crazies" in the EU, right?
I guess I am lucky enough to have vehicles for different things.
I did not know they let EU crazies design the Malibu archetecture, thought that was the Chevy crazies.

GeorgeG

Buick Ownership
regal tourx
Stayed with the original tire and wheel size. Michelin X ice xi3 for the winter, they are great for both noise and traction go figure,touren wheel spec.jpg quieter then the OEM tires. Went with the new General Tire G-Max RS for summer tires, have good reviews and with the $70 rebate about $115 each. The wheels are Touren. Their website said they fit the Tourx and they do. Specs are in attachment

75miguel75

Elgin Il
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Getting closer to done...

35 tint all around, Cascadia 20" upgraded wheels w/245/40/20 Pirelli PZero Plus

View attachment 14436

Way cool van is my 98 Honda w/260k on it, daughter painted it when she was 6, now 15
I like how those look on your car. I had a chance to buy a set but I was told they would not fit on my GS. By any chance do you know how much gap you have from your caliper to the wheel? I may be able to still get the wheels and just and spacers

OCJohn

Disneyland
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
To get it back to being the proper Euro wagon it was intended to be?

The lifted/crossover thing is a marketing fad, in my opinion. US consumers have blindly followed the trend of accepting SUVs as "cars." Now when manufacturers import actual car platforms like the Subaru Legacy wagon, Audi, Volvo and now even BMW wagons, the marketing people stomp their feet until they are lifted and branded as "crossovers" so they have a fighting chance of competing with SUVs – which are now more common than cars... Forget that euro/standard sedans and wagons have better aero and handling. Sales and profit is all that matters. (End of rant.)

I'm delighted to see members on this forum converting their TourXs back into the autobahn cruising touring cars they were designed to be. Bravo!

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
To get it back to being the proper Euro wagon it was intended to be?

The lifted/crossover thing is a marketing fad, in my opinion. US consumers have blindly followed the trend of accepting SUVs as "cars." Now when manufacturers import actual car platforms like the Subaru Legacy wagon, Audi, Volvo and now even BMW wagons, the marketing people stomp their feet until they are lifted and branded as "crossovers" so they have a fighting chance of competing with SUVs – which are now more common than cars... Forget that euro/standard sedans and wagons have better aero and handling. Sales and profit is all that matters. (End of rant.)

I'm delighted to see members on this forum converting their TourXs back into the autobahn cruising touring cars they were designed to be. Bravo!
I bought TourX because it was already a great handling wagon with AWD, and all it really needed was a good set of tires.
Did not want POS crossover, but did want all weather vehicle with more ground clearance then standard euro version.