Has anyone replace their Tourx wheels?

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I only have different wheels on for the winter, but downsized 17"x8" Vision Cross (Cheapest Aluminum wheel Discount Tire had) with 235/55R17 Blizzak WS80s

View attachment 12982
I had a set of Tirerack wheels(BMW 5X120) with Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires and used a an adapter to 5x115 that is almost one inch. No center ring needed.

Probably won't need them anymore this year but CLE has seen a few of inces of snow in March. These are performance snow tires that are almost a decade old but will work as our roads are very well maintained.

I have some Winterforce "knobbies" on 5x100 from Saab and Saturn Sky days I might get an adapter for to get play with in the future.

Attachments

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
They'll fit, but the Sportback uses an overall wheel/tire diameter that's slightly smaller than that of the TourX, so it won't fill the wheel wells as much.

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
Getting closer to done...

35 tint all around, Cascadia 20" upgraded wheels w/245/40/20 Pirelli PZero Plus

View attachment 14436

Way cool van is my 98 Honda w/260k on it, daughter painted it when she was 6, now 15
That looks great! Love the wheels. How does it ride/drive? I'm looking at some Lacrosse wheels the same size/tire (those look better). I just had our windows tinted. Big improvement.

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
Getting closer to done...

35 tint all around, Cascadia 20" upgraded wheels w/245/40/20 Pirelli PZero Plus

Way cool van is my 98 Honda w/260k on it, daughter painted it when she was 6, now 15
Holy crap that is beautiful. You've made my decision - I'm gonna be on the lookout for some of those! :D Looks like the base model Cascada wheels (weird because they look better than that car's higher trim levels lol). I'd assume a junk yard somewhere has 'em.

Why on earth GM couldn't think to put these (or something similar) on higher trim levels for the TourX is baffling.

Last edited:

Strippers4Me

Buick Ownership
Tour X
Cascadia wheels are a bit pricey but I liked them, the Pirelli tires ride nice. I've had these tires many times before (plus is a new compound) and they wear great, handle wet/dry like a dream, not much on snow but I run snows in the winter.

I went a bit bigger on the tires to give me more sidewall so the ride isn't as harsh and of course save the wheels from damage. Should have been 245/35 but 245/40 were only 1.7% bigger so I went with that.

I would love to strip the cladding and add the Opel side skirts and possibly a new front/rear bumpers if I can find them at a deal. Ordered the Vaxhall center caps (wife picked those over the Holden & Opel) they are pretty proud of them $120 shipped for the OEM.

However, next thing since the above will take me a bit is to paint those gawd awful grey front & rear pieces. They wanted it to look more like an SUV that's why we got the cladding & grey crap. I'm just tossing it around and deciding body color or black. But this is Ohio and I'll wait for real spring to take it to my buddies body shop and have it painted.

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
They wanted it to look more like an SUV that's why we got the cladding & grey crap. I'm just tossing it around and deciding body color or black.
The cladding is a giant fail. We chose black to mute the cladding as much as possible. Your gray with the gray in the wheels looks good. Nice job on the wheels.

mojoel

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tourx
I've been surprised how hard it is to find aftermarket wheels that will fit, even knowing the specs for the factory wheels. I've been looking at lots of web sites and the choices have been few and far between. Our Tourx is my wife's car, and she surprised me the other day and said "I hate the factory wheels, could we change them out?" I had no idea how much of a challenge it would be.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Anyone wants to sell a set of factory wheels, PM, me please I'm in New Hampshire
Wheels - Alloy Wheels - Chrome Wheels - Custom Wheels at AutoPartsWarehouse.com
The above site had some aftermarket wheels on close out, gone now.
2018 Buick Lacrosse Replacement Factory Wheels & Rims - CARiD.com
2018 Buick Regal Rims & Custom Wheels at CARiD.com
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/fitmentresult/wheels?sort=onpromotion-asc
Wheels - Wheel Pros | Leading Distributor of Branded Aftermarket Wheels
2018 Buick Regal TourX 18",19" 8.0",8.5",9.0" Custom Wheels and Custom Rims
If you are buying wheels I'd stick with 19-20", 8 to 9" widths and offsets of 35-45mm
Also dont get any multi fit wheels, stick with 5 x 115 mm!

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I am cheap so bought tires and kept stock wheels.
Much more performance bang for buck then buying wheels.
Plus size 255 40 ZR 18 General ultra high performance all seasons made wagon much more capable in cornering and braking. But made speedo read 129 mph when going 130.
Wheel design has grown on me..mildly disliked at first but the more I look at they the more I like them. Plus did not have to spring for wheel locks. If someone steals them, will have insurance co. buy some nicer ones.
PS I meant when speedo reads 130 your really going 129.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.