2012 Buick Regal Turbo

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune

TurboTezak

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal Turbo
Here's the link for the left headlight:

thank you, i know this topic is headlights but have you heard of anything like this, water seeks into my trunk where my spare tire is and also in my back seat passenger side floor

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
If you have sunroof it could be leaking into the back seat floor area, then the water goes under the back seat into the trunk. Also cars with a sunroof have drain hoses that get plugged up over time. If you blow compressed air through the hoses it will clear any obstruction and allow the water to flow on to the ground as it should.

agaric

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
thank you, i know this topic is headlights but have you heard of anything like this, water seeks into my trunk where my spare tire is and also in my back seat passenger side floor
You are missing the upper forward grommet that holds the right taillight assy in place.
The taillights must be removed by lifting up the forward part BEFORE you pull to the rear.
I had it on my used 14 Regal and you have the same leak.
Electrical tape can be used to patch temporarily.
Be ready to clean a insane amount of trash and dirt from that area.

camaromike

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I agree, but the assemblies should be sealed, thus preventing condensation from accumulating. That is the reason they condensate. The seal has either failed or were never sealed properly in the first place.
I live in Chicago area and I’m dealing with the same issue in my passenger side headlight. Has been fine for the last 6 years (2013 Regal GS) but noticed condensation about 3 months ago then stopped working last week.

carl3pedals

NJ
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Here's the link for the left headlight:

My symptom is that my left headlight on my 2012GS stopped working, and before that, it had quite a bit of condensation visible inside it. Let me see if I am understanding your suggestion correctly:

I think you are saying that I need to buy a new "composite headlamp assembly" (about $281 on the linked site) because my stock headlamp assembly has a lens that is incompatible with the new LED light. Then I can buy the "AUXITO 2X 16000LM 9012 LED Headlight Conversion Kit High Low Beam Super Bright" which is priced at $22.99 at the linked ebay listing.

This would allow me to replace my front left headlight for about $305 (plus any tax and shipping), and also give me a headlight assembly which is not as prone to leaking as the ones that were originally shipped on my 2012 Regal GS.

Am I understanding this properly?

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Composite Headlight Assemblies don't have the projector lens and don't focus the light like the HIDs do, this link might provide a solution.View attachment 14047
If your headlights have a projector eye in them like the picture above (click view attachment) then they are fully compatible with the LED bulbs. If not you can still install the LED bulbs but your headlights might blind oncoming drivers. Usually adjusting the headlights so they point downward eliminates this.

As for the new composite headlamp assembly from GM you posted, I'm not positive they have the projector eye in them. But I'm assuming they do since my wife's 2014 Regal has halogen bulbs (not HID bulbs like mine) and we both have the projector eye in our headlights.

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
16' Buick Regal GS "Ebony Metallic" & 17' BMW M3 F80
Ok. The phillips lightbulb guide says i need H11-55w for low beams, what could i use for low beams? i’m sorry for all the questions and run around lol! I’ve been driving around for almost a year now without headlights just using my fog lights lol. A couple replies earlier someone posted the black assembly and in the technical it says the low beams are H1 and the high beams are H7 and i’m very confused. I’d hate to spend all this money and get a bunch of different shit. should i just buy off the gm site or?
Dude, Do it right man. Spend the extra $$ with OEM dont buy crap that says it will fit.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
The parts will fit his car. You really don't know what you are talking about from what you have posted in numerous threads.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Installed the LED bulbs in my wife's Regal tonite and they are much brighter and whiter than the stock halogens. I had to reverse the plug on the harness that connects to the LED bulb since they didn't light up at first. Here's some pics I took to show how they look in her projector headlights.

Left headlight LED and right headlight halogen

Both headlights LED

Right headlight halogen

Left headlight LED

carl3pedals

NJ
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Hi, I ordered two different sets of LED bulbs, hoping to be able to get a working drivers side headlight for a lot less than $1200. After removing the existing HID bulb and looking at the wire that connected to it, and the connectors on the new H7 bulb, I see they do not match. It is clear that I don't know what I am doing.

I have attached pictures of the wire that went to my old HID bulb (does this come from the ballast?), of the old HID bulb, a view into the headlight assembly from the hole in the back, and of one of the new H7 bulbs I bought.

One of the H7 bulbs that I bought is shown in my attached pictures, and I bought it from here: (Combo H11 and H7 LED Headlight Bulbs Kit High Low Beam Fog Light 6000K 4pcs | eBay)

I looked for video tutorials, but the connections did not look the same as what I see on my 2012 Regal GS.

Do I need to buy some additional conversion kit?
Do I need to disconnect the other wire which goes into the back of the headlight assembly, closer to the middle of the car? If I do this, how will power get to the other light bulbs (fog lights and turn signals) that are also in that headlight assembly?
Any guidance will be appreciated - thanks.

Attachments

seafarer61

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
Apparently this has become so predominant an issue with our Regals, it would be great if a sticky was created which addressed the proper part #'s and options for those experiencing these condensation issues. A search engine on the topic can draw you into one helluva rabbit hole, what with the preponderance of threads trying to resolve something that frankly, GM should be ashamed of. On a related note, having read of others' issues with the dealer on this matter, I don't know how any service rep can look at someone with a straight face and claim "this is normal." I've owned 80's Triumphs and Fiats...quite possibly two of the most unreliable car manufacturers on the planet at the time, and neither had those kind of design flaws. Still love my GS, no doubt about it...it's just frustrating when seeing yet another "headlight condensation" thread created and it no longer surprises anyone.

Last edited:

bwryan

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Northern Virginia
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS 6MT
Alas, my passenger side headlight just succumbed yesterday morning. Sitting behind another car in the school drop-off line with my son, noticed I could only see the driver side headlight reflecting. Got home and walked around the front to see for sure, headlight is out, and condensation on the inside of the housing.

Everywhere I've looked online now shows the HID assembly is discontinued, so it seems the only OEM options are either to pay $400 for a new HID bulb and ballast, and try and re-seal the old unit as best as possible, or to pay $600 for a new pair of the halogen assemblies and replace both the good and the bad HID assemblies. At least that way there's a warranty, and if a halogen bulb goes that's only about $10 to replace. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian

carl3pedals

NJ
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Before my efforts described in my post above on March 9, I first went out and bought a replacement halogen lamp which cost $160, only to discover when I tested it later that it made no difference, and that when I switched the old lamp from my drivers side to the passenger side (put it in the other headlamp assembly) that it worked again. So this made me believe that it is the ballast which failed on my drivers side. It is possible that only the ballast failed on yours.

I am hoping that someone might be able to provide some additional guidance on how to use an LED lamp, perhaps like one of the ones I bought. These supposedly do not need ballast. But I am confused about how to hook this up electrically. If I can get the LED bulb working on my drivers side light, then I plan to take out both headlight assemblies and apply sealant.

seafarer61

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
This is simply unacceptable. Buick needs to take the high road and address this. 'Been a fan of the brand for 40 years and you'd think they would at least contract out for some replacement HID units to return availability for Regal owners. A half dozen isn't a design flaw. Significantly more than that and clearly, there's a problem here. Loyal owners of the brand should not have to deep dive into the internet to find the answer on how to return a headlight to a functional condition. For Pete's sake, how many threads do you see titled "Can't find a way to fix my '87 Grand National's headlight?" None

Buick....step up and take care of your people. We love our GS'

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS & 2019 Hyundai Tucson Limited
Alas, my passenger side headlight just succumbed yesterday morning. Sitting behind another car in the school drop-off line with my son, noticed I could only see the driver side headlight reflecting. Got home and walked around the front to see for sure, headlight is out, and condensation on the inside of the housing.

Everywhere I've looked online now shows the HID assembly is discontinued, so it seems the only OEM options are either to pay $400 for a new HID bulb and ballast, and try and re-seal the old unit as best as possible, or to pay $600 for a new pair of the halogen assemblies and replace both the good and the bad HID assemblies. At least that way there's a warranty, and if a halogen bulb goes that's only about $10 to replace. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian
If you replace the HID assembly with a halogen assembly isn't it going to need a new wire harness for the halogen setup ? Or do they have a conversion adapter that connects to the factory harness ? If you do end up with the halogen setup, you can very easily install aftermarket HID's or LED headlights.