• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

How many miles on your LeSabre????

How many miles on your LeSabre

• Total voters

thesam1984

Buick Newbie
Toledo Ohio
Buick Ownership
1996 LeSabre Custom
Just bought my 96 LeSabre Custom a week ago... has 147k. I always buy cars with over 100k they always seem to be the most reliable... ive had up to 300k on other cars before ( they were wrecked) and I usually get high miles from my gms. My past buicks have had around 180k when i sold them and my other cars (94 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2-door and my wifes Y2K VW New Beetle GLS) have 205k and 180k respectively

t.moteo

Atlanta
Buick Ownership
'01 Lesabre Custom
I've had my '01 for 5 years now and it's got 163k on the odometer. In the past year she's started to show her age and I've replaced the A/C compressor, struts, front control arms, tie rod ends, front hub assemblies and this weekend will be the heater core and radiator (as well as accompanying hoses). While Betty might seem like a money pit to some, I bought her from my grandma for $1 and have yet to invest $2k in all of these major repairs that will keep her running for another 150k!

Atdog

Mid-TN.
Buick Ownership
1992 Buick LeSabre
Re: How many miles on your LeSabre???? Update

Now has a little over 423K. Replaced TPS sensor last week. The one I took out looked original...

sdello

Buick Ownership
Buick
1999 Lesabre Limited 123k

Bob D. Goat

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
1990 Buick Lasabre limited
I just bought my 1990 Lasabre. I needed a cheap car, and found one in really good shape for the year with 96,000 miles. I bought it for cheap transportation while my wife and I look for a new house. However, I'm really starting to like the car. I think its worth fixing the minor issues it has, and putting another 100,000 on it. Honestly, how can you go wrong with a good running, not rusted out car, for 600 bucks?

mikec6201

Columbus Ohio
Buick Ownership
2005 Lesabre
Just bought a 2005 with 51,000 miles . Has a full dealer service history , and yes the intake gaskets were replaced .

scottydl

Buick Ownership
2000 Buick LeSabre, 160k miles
Just bought a 2005 with 51,000 miles . Has a full dealer service history , and yes the intake gaskets were replaced .
You said 2005, but that photo is looking more like a 1995... ;)

Edit: Nevermind, I see the sig photo is a 1994 Century! I'm sure the '05 is a nice upgrade.

jcmed59

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
2001 Buick Lesabre 140,000 (traded in 1984 Buick Park Avenue with 220,000 miles). 2003 Buick Regal 130,000. IF BUICK MADE A TRUCK ... I WOULD.

dsecurman1

Buick Ownership
Buick
my 92 has 184,000 on the clock,other than a few minor things it is a dang good car..

dperk

Buffalo, NY
Buick Ownership
1985 Buick LeSabre Collector's Edition
Awww.... I can only vote once?! But what if I have two LeSabres?! :) Bought a '95 a couple months ago, stashed it for the winter, but it only has 57k miles on it from its original owner. Inspections every year and about 2,500 miles put on every year.
The '95 I had back in college (10 years or so ago) was purchased with 137k miles on it and was still running strong at 187k miles when I donated it after rust took hold of more and more of the underbelly... stupid salted winter roads...

ryenie

Maynardville, TN
Buick Ownership
95 Monte Carlo L36
I'm not sure what is the cause of these intake plenum leaks
Poor design and bad choice of material. If you flip the upper intake over by the throttle body there are three holes, the one in the middle is from the egr, the two on the sides are for coolant. The heat from the egr tube causes the sidewalls to deteriorate over time and eventually, coolant will seep, and eventually pour, if not found right away, into the intake causing it to vapor lock the cylinders. They're great motors, I have a PA but same 3800 it has 278,000 still sounds great. It's always something with plastic and GM that causes problems. In the pre series II 3800s some of the timing chain gears had a poly-something or other coating over the teeth of the gears, Eventually the plastic wears away, you have to replace oil pump & screen, and the gears and chain, almost makes you think they design it in such away that it can run great for so long, and then boom catastrophic failure, and only because of 1 plastic piece.

FancyIsHerName

IL/MO
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick LeSabre Custom
2001 LeSabre Custom, bought it last month with 220k ish on it. Expect to take it too 300k easily. Clean and very nice when I got it. Thus far only issues have been sensors going out etc, and a few smaller fixes I need to do but knew I would when I got it.

Pedal Commander