• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

How To: Oil Change on Regal TourX

ntorch

Blandon, PA
2018 TourX Essence
Great write up, thank you. I had a Mazda with the same type of kick plate installed that had to be removed to do an oil change. I ended up stripping two of the threads (of 6) in the frame. I obviously over tightened the bolts when reinstalling the plate. It wasn't a big issue, I could still get the plate secure, but I'm going to be extra careful this time around.

L J

Regal TourX
I found these ramps work perfect for my TourX. Perfect height to change the oil. And you can't beat the price, ....be sure to use a 20% off coupon found everywhere.

13,000 Lb. Portable Vehicle Ramp Set
Went down to Harbor Freight and was gonna get the taller metal ones, but when I took display out to see if it would clear the TourX... it would not.
So got the ones you recommended...with their additional capacity, could even use on my 6 ton+ GMC motorhome.
PS Thanks for the tip WC... , also used the discount you mentioned.

whirligig

2018 Buick Regal Sportsback
Does anyone have a parts number for that "kick plate"? Just bought a used Sportsback from Carmax and my mechanic tells me that the gravel guard is missing. Someone was either too lazy or forgot to put it back on after an oil change. I've tried searching through

using every word that I can think of e.g. engine cover, splash, guard, pan, shield, belly, protective, skid, plate etc. and I can't find it.

Thanks for the photos above. This is the first time I've seen this "kick-plate".

whirligig

I would go to the dealer and ask for a quote. I found this here: Splash Shields for 2018 Buick Regal Sportback | GMPartsDirect.com
But it looks different than what I have but perhaps they are different between sportback and TourX. But my guess is this isn't right either. Can't believe that stamped steel with cut outs is only $20 so I think this must be plastic.
Thanks for checking. That piece of plastic covers the radiator. The hole or center cutout is for the hood latch.

Awdtsi

Regal Sportback Essence
I'm in the same boat. My used Sportback was missing the bottom gravel shield as well. Any luck finding the part number for it?

Thanks

L J

Regal TourX
I'm in the same boat. My used Sportback was missing the bottom gravel shield as well. Any luck finding the part number for it?

Thanks
Whirligig may have started to give you a free oil change and forgot to put the shield back on?

whirligig

LJ, could you hand me the 12mm socket?

Seriously, I haven't had any luck finding one. I was over at the local Penske Cadillac dealer that handles Buick and they couldn't find the part either, weird.

I tried looking under a 2017 Regal, no luck. I may try looking under Opel Insignias next.

It would be nice if the next time someone here does an oil change to see if there is a part number stamped on their gravel shield. If there is one, then post it.

Thanks

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
It would be nice if the next time someone here does an oil change to see if there is a part number stamped on their gravel shield. If there is one, then post it.
I'm coming up on 12,000 miles, so I'll be doing an oil change and tire rotation shortly. I'll look for a stamped part number if no one gets to it before I do.

L J

Regal TourX
LJ, could you hand me the 12mm socket?

Seriously, I haven't had any luck finding one. I was over at the local Penske Cadillac dealer that handles Buick and they couldn't find the part either, weird.

I tried looking under a 2017 Regal, no luck. I may try looking under Opel Insignias next.

Thanks
Not sure but sounds like maybe they did not have on 17 Regals without AWD?
I know my next gen TourX has a cover for some protection...
Probably help when hauling ass off the tarmac.
PS Not sure if we are talking 17 or 18 Regal or what model.. Nevermind...

Last edited:

Awdtsi

Regal Sportback Essence
I guess this begs the question, does a 2019 FWD Sportback come with the gravel shield from the factory?

L J

Regal TourX
I guess this begs the question, does a 2019 FWD Sportback come with the gravel shield from the factory?
If you have the fastners for it toward back of car it probably had one. Mechanic could have taken bolts out when he did not have to since that end has slots, and if loose would have fallen off most likely.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!