• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

How To: Oil Change on Regal TourX

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
LJ, could you hand me the 12mm socket?

Seriously, I haven't had any luck finding one. I was over at the local Penske Cadillac dealer that handles Buick and they couldn't find the part either, weird.

I tried looking under a 2017 Regal, no luck. I may try looking under Opel Insignias next.

It would be nice if the next time someone here does an oil change to see if there is a part number stamped on their gravel shield. If there is one, then post it.

Thanks
Here's my 2019 TourX pan.
SDWBg%rxT9qY%C3ackK1FA.jpg yKWz7kuyRKm3Ybf%j+rosg.jpg

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
I have several quarts of 5w-20. Can I use it in this car? Maybe mix in some 5w-30 with it?
If it’s a high grade synthetic only...Mix one qt per OC it with the same brand of oil in a thicker grade. This engine says 20 grade oils are fine in the EU.

I’m currently running a frankenbrew of QSUD, Castrol Edge, and Pennzoil Euro oil. It ends up at 30 grade so no worries.

L J

Regal TourX
Thanks for reminding me, I need to send in rebate.
Got 4 jugs at Wallys for under $90 hopefully they will send me $48 back.
Under $3 per qt is no brainer.
Finally got around to trying to fill out Mobil 1 rebate form...
Because of the form design, I decided to get extra $10 for buying 2 mobil 1 filters.
Looked on Walmart online, they had Mobil1 filters for my car reduced to $4.25 .
So if I get rebate, filters are free plus some.

WeLikeIt

North Carolina
2018 Regal TourX, 2003 Century, 1989 Regal
Ok, I have a few silly questions. I can see where the o.p. put his jack stands, and after visiting the dealership this morning, it appears the same locations were used to lift the car.

Where do I put a jack to lift the car, to put it on the jack stand?

Also, is it possible to get a conversion round pad to fit on my existing jack stands?

I don't want to end up doing anything similar to that poor guy with the Mercedes!

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
Ok, I have a few silly questions. I can see where the o.p. put his jack stands, and after visiting the dealership this morning, it appears the same locations were used to lift the car.

Where do I put a jack to lift the car, to put it on the jack stand?
I put my jack right next to the point that I was putting the jackstands. Just a little behind it. If I want to lift the whole side of the car at once, there's plenty of frame rail down the middle to lift the whole side of the car.

Also, is it possible to get a conversion round pad to fit on my existing jack stands?
What jackstands do you currently have? Some companies create pads for the tops of their stands, but on more modern cars I do prefer the round pads on the ESCO.

I highly recommend the ESCO stands, though they are pricey.

FavaBean

DE
2018 Regal TourX Essence
After I change the oil today, I'll reset the oil life reminder on the DIC. Is there any other setting/procedure which needs to be reset?

I want to make sure that my car communicates to Big Brother Buick that the service was completed. I will keep the parts receipts but I'm sure there's some kind of data transfer stamping the date, mileage, etc. Thanks.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
After I change the oil today, I'll reset the oil life reminder on the DIC. Is there any other setting/procedure which needs to be reset?

I want to make sure that my car communicates to Big Brother Buick that the service was completed. I will keep the parts receipts but I'm sure there's some kind of data transfer stamping the date, mileage, etc. Thanks.
Nope, you’re done. Check your oil life on the car and the Buick app, they should be synchronized.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
My FWD sportback 2.0 doesn't have a plastic cover under the motor.

I can reach the oil filter with out jacking up the car... but jacking it up a little makes it much easier to get to the drain bolt.

Having no plastic cover makes for efficient oil cooling by air.

The front engine cradle cross member is great for my bigger jacks.
I make sure the jack's head is oriented the right way to be most secure. However, no matter how it's oriented, it's solid and no chance of slipping.

IMG_20190612_094751.jpg

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
2019 Regal GS

Yeah you should be all set. BUT, if you want to go the extra mile, go the Buick Owner Center website and add a service record manually. Just go to the Service History page and click Add a Service Record. This way, all of the dealership and DIY service/maintenance is documented in one place.

1572288647937.png

Spuds

Maryland
2018 Regal Tour X
Hi All,
Sorry to necro this thread on my first post, but I had a few questions and this seemed to be the right (and most recent I found) place for them. Thanks to OP for pics and such! (Hopefully this shows up how I am expecting it to...)

1. Assuming I can get the under plate off before lifting the car, is there any consensus on whether it is OK to use the front subframe crossmember to jack the front (followed by jack stands at OP's suggested location of course). I just prefer to jack up one end at a time, as opposed to jacking each corner separately, preferring to shift weight around as few times as possible.

2. Has anyone considered installing an oil drain valve like this one: F-107 | Fumoto® Engine Oil Drain Valves? I have one on my other car and it is fantastic. There doesn't seem to be a 2018+ Regal-specific product, but it seems like a M12-1.75 should fit based on this seemingly OEM replacement: Buick Regal TourX Engine Oil Drain Plug Dorman 65430. Anyone think there will be clearance issues?

3. This one is a bit off-topic for just oil changes, but asking here to not have to necro two threads for two posts lol. What rear jack points do folks use if I wanted to rotate tires or something. I haven't found anything recent discussing that either. This might sound crazy, but has anyone tried using the rear diff (on AWD cars)? I know that's the rear jack point on my Subaru, err Toyota, err Scion... Anyway, based on some pictures from this thread (Lifted TourX, Where is oil Drain plug and Oil Filter located?) it looks like it is pretty well supported by various frame elements.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Hi All,
Sorry to necro this thread on my first post, but I had a few questions and this seemed to be the right (and most recent I found) place for them. Thanks to OP for pics and such! (Hopefully this shows up how I am expecting it to...)

1. Assuming I can get the under plate off before lifting the car, is there any consensus on whether it is OK to use the front subframe crossmember to jack the front (followed by jack stands at OP's suggested location of course). I just prefer to jack up one end at a time, as opposed to jacking each corner separately, preferring to shift weight around as few times as possible.

2. Has anyone considered installing an oil drain valve like this one: F-107 | Fumoto® Engine Oil Drain Valves? I have one on my other car and it is fantastic. There doesn't seem to be a 2018+ Regal-specific product, but it seems like a M12-1.75 should fit based on this seemingly OEM replacement: Buick Regal TourX Engine Oil Drain Plug Dorman 65430. Anyone think there will be clearance issues?

3. This one is a bit off-topic for just oil changes, but asking here to not have to necro two threads for two posts lol. What rear jack points do folks use if I wanted to rotate tires or something. I haven't found anything recent discussing that either. This might sound crazy, but has anyone tried using the rear diff (on AWD cars)? I know that's the rear jack point on my Subaru, err Toyota, err Scion... Anyway, based on some pictures from this thread (Lifted TourX, Where is oil Drain plug and Oil Filter located?) it looks like it is pretty well supported by various frame elements.

Welcome to the forum and good choice in vehicle !
I myself am not a wagoneer, so I got the FWD Sedan. great cars all around.

Question 1.... I use the front cradle subframe cross member to jack the whole front in one go. My post # 57, I show a pic of my FWD Regal, and you can see it's not like your tourX as in it doesn't have a plastic cover under the pan and the cross memeber frame is right in the open right in front of the exhaust downpipe.

Question 2... Hope someone with a TourX can give you a better idea.

Question 3... Do NOT jack up by the Rear Differential !!! It will leak 100%... I Always jack up old trucks by the rear diff, but always use a 2" thick rubber pad between the jack and diff,.. but unfortunately this is not a good idea with modern cars.

When I do anything that requires me to take off the rear tires, be it rotate or change etc.. The only spot that's ideal is on the frame in front of each rear tire, a few inches in. Gonna have to jack each rear side separately. You'll see the spot, for it's the only good spot I could find.

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!