Lowered GS..... finally!

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hey GTXgp...

You know your stuff so I feel comfortable in asking you...are these the correct Eibach springs we need?

EDIT: Those pics are super small after going back and looking at it. The springs are for a 2012 Opel Insignia Saloon 2.0 Turbo for a 30mm drop in both the front & rear. Part # for the front is F11-65-019-02-VA and Part # for the rear is F11-65-011-01-HA.

I'm also checking with my local performance shop to see if they can confirm. If nobody chimes in I'll get back to everyone else with the findings.

Last edited:

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
It should work fine... I doubt that a local shop will be able to get it since they go through the same Eibach USA idiots that are still looking for a test-vehicle :p Your best bet is to google a dealer in the UK or elsewhere in Europe that will ship to the US. I got mine for $275 shipped.

Oh... and I have one more pic to complete this thread ;)

decal.jpg

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Cool brother...will do. I'm going to start looking into now and if I can get some kind of confirmation from either a retailer in the Europe or my guy that those exact springs will work then I'll pull the trigger on them. I'm also going to be doing some other stuff as well that I think is going to come out real nice. I'll post pics once it's finished. Thanks for the thread.

Schneeds

Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS
Eibach has a set for the GS listed in their parts catalog as "new".

Part No. 38158.140. Under the lowering amount though it says "I/D" instead of an actual measurement. Not sure what that's about.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Eibach has a set for the GS listed in their parts catalog as "new".

Part No. 38158.140. Under the lowering amount though it says "I/D" instead of an actual measurement. Not sure what that's about.

That probably means "in development". They don't have anything yet unfortunately...

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
You can buy it from several different sites, unless I'm missing something here. http://www.prostreetonline.com/pnsku/38158.140.asp

$234.16

I'll have to call this place tomorrow and see what's up...

I know this says these are for the Regal GS but Eibach hasn't yet developed any springs for our cars. They don't even have a test car yet to start the developmental process.

My guess is that these are for the 2012 Opel Insignia Saloon 2.0T and this company knows they're an exact fit...in which case if they can verify that I will definitely order them.

EDIT: Forgot to ask...hey GTXgp do you think some 245/40ZR20's would fit nice with the drop or are you recommending 255/35ZR20's?

Last edited:

Schneeds

Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS
But that part number comes directly out of the U.S. Eibach catalog, under 2012 Buick Regal GS.

If Eibach hasn't developed springs for the GS, why is it in their catalog, with a part number, that matches the part number on websites selling it for the GS?

A lot of coincidences there.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
But that part number comes directly out of the U.S. Eibach catalog, under 2012 Buick Regal GS.

If Eibach hasn't developed springs for the GS, why is it in their catalog, with a part number, that matches the part number on websites selling it for the GS?

Good question. Can u post links from their catalog showing the part numbers and I'll call them tomorrow. I just talked to them last Thursday and they still didn't have a test car. I dunno man.

EDIT: Nah man...they don't have them yet. Not even close. Just check their site and and it says TBA for the front/rear drop. I've seriously spoken to them over 5 times and that's just the phone calls; I've sent emails too. They need a test car. It's going to be a while. Our best bet is getting the ones for the Insignia. It's the same car and the springs offer a 30mm drop in both the front and rear.

Last edited:

zinner

Buick Ownership
Buick

FYI borla had an exhaust listed for the Regal GS on their site, when I questioned the sales staff about it they admitted they didn't have a kit for the GS and it was a mistake.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
You can buy it from several different sites, unless I'm missing something here. http://www.prostreetonline.com/pnsku/38158.140.asp

$234.16

Just called them...

It's a valid part number but they're on backorder...

We're not going to have any springs until Eibach gets a test car which they've been having some difficulty in finding one.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Okay...just an update...

I spoke to Dave over at Eibach earlier today and it sounds like I'll be bringing them my car to use as a test car sometime after X-Mas.

Will keep you guys up to speed with what happens.

I'd go ahead an just order the ones for the Insignia but I can't get a definite answer on if they'd fit.

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
I'd go ahead an just order the ones for the Insignia but I can't get a definite answer on if they'd fit.

i ll wait for eibachs:)

Not sure who you are waiting for an answer from... if the Eibach's or H&Rs you are looking at from a Euro supplier say they will fit a FWD Insignia Sedan (sometimes called Limo) then they will fit our car.

....or you can keep waiting while Eibach USA "develops" the same thing :blink:

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!