Lowered GS..... finally!

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
I tried to find out the difference between the 28998-1 and the 28998-5 kits. It looks like -5 is "front axle up to 1160kg" and -1 is "1161kg+"

I'm guessing for any added weight between a 1.6/1.8 and the 2.0T?

http://www.vxperformance.com/h-and-r-20-30mm-lowering-springs-insignia-hatch-saloon-2wd-08.html

Unfortunately it has been months since I did my initial research but I finally remembered why I went with the -5.... if you look at the door sticker, our front axle is 1112kg. That would mean -5 ;)

I would say worst case, -1 is a little stiffer.

Well hell...the difference between these two springs is that the 1's are rated to carry an extra 2lbs.

1kg is right around 2.2lbs...

So yeah...just as I suspected...they are basically exactly the same.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Talked to Graeme yesterday...he informed me that it's going to be around 3 weeks before they are able to send the springs. He said the demand for for these isn't high so H&R makes them to order.

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
WTF? He definitely already charged my CC for it.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
I wouldn't sweat it...no matter who you ordered them from it'd take a bit since as he stated they're made to order.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Springs on the way...should be here by late next week which is around the same time my Giovanna's should be here! Will post pics soon.

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
I'm annoyed that its been over three weeks for these springs, and not one email from him explaining the delay or for any updates on status. Mine are on the way too.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
He was straight up with me and let me know that these wouldn't ship for about three weeks on account of the holidays coupled with the fact that H&R makes these springs to order since they're not exactly an item in high demand. I'm cool with waiting...look at it like this...we're going to have springs waaaaaay before most everyone else! All in all not a bad deal :)

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
Well, springs are on! The drop on the front is about 3/4"; the rear dropped about an inch. The front wheelwell gap is a bit more than the rear... I'm hoping it settles and evens out.

Hey GTXgp, did your springs settle after a week, a month?

And yes, ill def get a pic up :cool:

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
Waiting for pic...this will be the next investment? Was it confirmed that these will also fit non GS models?

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
Job took less than three hours, and the wheelwell gap is currently at three fingers for the front, two fingers for the rear. Insert sex joke here. The car is level... the rocker panel under the door is actually higher in the rear than in the front.

And sorry, my winter rims are on right now... ill get a pic with the 20s in a few months:

e26858c7e5a90f0b3094d214003fda57.jpg

2012c5ba78dc4a07b5f364d9f9fd23df.jpg

Last edited:

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Yeah...we're going to try to get mine just a tad bit lower. We'll have the look at things once we get everything taken apart. Will let you know how it turned out next week.

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
The front gap could be from using the "heavier" weight -1 springs instead of the -5 like I used. I just went outside and measured mine, my front has stayed the same since I first installed.

88 E5PR1T- Measure your front ride height. The proper way to measure to eliminate variances with wheel/tire height is to measure from the center of the hub (or center of center cap) to the fender lip.

Mine is sitting at
Front: 14.75"
Rear: 14.25"

Last edited:

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hey 88 E5PRIT...

What size wheels and tires do you have on this? I just got all my stuff thrown on today; springs, new wheels & tires and am really wishing I would have went with the 40 series tire like I had originally planned. Don't get me wrong it looks great but there was definitely a little more room for some extra rubber. Plus, it would have helped fill in the leftover wheel gap a little more. I'll get some pictures up soon. Magnaflow exhaust goes on this Friday!

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
The winter setup above is 235/40R19. "Normal" setup is the stock 20s.

Harv

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Job took less than three hours, and the wheelwell gap is currently at three fingers for the front, two fingers for the rear. Insert sex joke here. The car is level... the rocker panel under the door is actually higher in the rear than in the front.

And sorry, my winter rims are on right now... ill get a pic with the 20s in a few months:

e26858c7e5a90f0b3094d214003fda57.jpg

2012c5ba78dc4a07b5f364d9f9fd23df.jpg

I really like the look of the black with the polished lip on the car.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!