• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Navigation Service Has Expired

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
On our cars, the Live Traffic function (green/yellow/red) is only available thru OnStar. OnStar has made it so that when SiriusXM tries to activate Traffic Link, they get the message that our cars do not support it. With my present other two cars, and every non GM car I've had on the past ten years, I've been able to get Traffic Link through SiriusXM.

This is one of many reasons I told OnStar to "Go Pound Salt".

BTW, I'm now used to no Traffic Link, so don't feel bad if you don't have it.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Not sure but I think if you have AT&T as cell service provider, you can add vehicle for $10 a month. That may not be true anymore, since looked into a few years back.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
You don't need 4G LTE to subscribe to the Onstar turn by turn navigation. You do need SiriusXM traffic service to get traffic information on the built-in nav system.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio: Features & Information | Buick

Or you can just press Android Auto and use Google Maps instead.
I'm sorry, but I'm not referring to turn by turn, I'm referring to "connected navigation", different animal.

And Sirius has nothing to do with traffic on the Infotainment 3.0 system.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
I'm sorry, but I'm not referring to turn by turn, I'm referring to "connected navigation", different animal.

And Sirius has nothing to do with traffic on the Infotainment 3.0 system.
I have never heard of "connected navigation". What is it?

Do you have a link?

INFORMATION FOR YOUR SUPERHIGHWAYS
SiriusXM delivers a broad range of information directly to your car’s navigation system. In addition to satellite radio, customers who buy or lease an equipped vehicle are eligible to receive a 3-month trial subscription to one or more of the following services:

NAVTRAFFIC
With SiriusXM NavTraffic, you’ll receive detailed information on traffic speed, accidents, construction, road closures and more.

Last edited:

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Are you paying $39.99 monthly for Onstar Unlimited Access? Traffic information is included in that plan only, per the description.
No I am not.

And there is also a $59.99 plan that is both Unlimited Access + OnStar Safety & Security.

Another person in this thread commented that he was getting traffic info a la crate for $8.33/ month. I was inquiring if he/she could confirm they had the 3.0 system and was receiving traffic information on his navigation app that is built in to that specific 3.0 Infotainment System.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
That is why you aren't getting the traffic information. If It is important to you, you will have to upgrade to Unlimited Access or pay SiriusXM extra monthly, if you even have SiriusXM.

I think we have exhausted this topic, lol.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That is why you aren't getting the traffic information. If It is important to you, you will have to upgrade to Unlimited Access or pay SiriusXM extra monthly, if you even have SiriusXM.

When did I ever say that I didn’t know why I wasn’t getting traffic????

Someone wrote that they were getting it for $8.33/ month and I asked that person for more information/ clarification.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

Also, I didn’t start this thread, LeeH did. And half way through it he wrote:

“Hello all,

I finally got a reply from Buick Onstar. The built-in navigation does not have the live traffic function to allow you to divert to a different route.
This helps when you have a co-pilot in the passenger seat not distracting the driver. The live traffic feature is a paid service ($8.33)/ month.
When you subscribe to this service the message of "nav serv. termination" vanishes forever.”

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
Also, I didn’t start this thread, LeeH did. And half way through it he wrote:

“Hello all,

I finally got a reply from Buick Onstar. The built-in navigation does not have the live traffic function to allow you to divert to a different route.
This helps when you have a co-pilot in the passenger seat not distracting the driver. The live traffic feature is a paid service ($8.33)/ month.
When you subscribe to this service the message of "nav serv. termination" vanishes forever.”
Yes indeed, it is a paid service. That is what I have been saying for the last several messages. Payable to OnStar or a la carte to SiriusXM.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Yes indeed, it is a paid service. That is what I have been saying for the last several messages. Payable to OnStar or a la carte to SiriusXM.
No no no no no!!!!!

The Infotainment 3.0 system DOES NOT get traffic from Sirius XM!!!!!

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
All I know is that I get it on my other car, and every car that I've had since 2007 for a yearly fee with Sirius or XM. Gives me Traffic Info, Construction Info, Road Conditions, etc etc etc, but not GM OnStar. I do t mind paying XM or Sirius a small yearly fee for the service but not a monthly fee with OnStar. No Way Jose. I can live without it on my Tour-x and if I ever really need it, I can get if from my iPhone on the Google, Apple, Inrex or AAA maps.
That is one of the reasons I told OnStar to "Go Pound Salt"

BTW, built in Navigation works perfectly without OnStar.

G-423532

Yes, and they have not responded. Apparently, the issue was elevated to senior technicians. I was hoping that more than one owner had experienced the same with their nav systems.
Same issue. Car delivered with no sd card and calls to dealer go unreturned.

LeeH

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tour X Essence
Hold your dealer's feet to the fire! They either lost the card, removed an placed in parts department, or was stolen. They should have another on hand to replace. My dealer had to drive 1 hour to my home to deliver the card after Vehicle was handed over to me without it in place.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Phone Buick Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-521-7300. They will contact your dealer and your dealer will contact you quick. Dealers don't like being contacted by customer assistance center.

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
My TourX didn't come with the SD card in the car. After some investigation the dealer figured out that all the deliverables for the car come bundled up in one big plastic bag. The SD card is packaged all by itself in that bag. Would seem smarter if GM packed it with the owners manual. My dealer searched all their dealer prepped Buicks and found NO SD CARDS for any Buick on their lot. Didn't get any info on the Chevys or GMCs. Seems their folks doing dealer prep are throwing away the SD card without knowing what they are. My dealer has order me a new SD card, just waiting for it to come in. I'm putting the Buick # in my phone!

Pedal Commander