• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Navigation Service Has Expired

LeeH

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tour X Essence
I am going to see what kind of lock I can install on the armrest console.

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Same issue. Car delivered with no sd card and calls to dealer go unreturned.
Add me to the "no SD card" party. Bought a 2019 TourX yesterday and no navigation SD card. Noticed the card wasn't there when looking at the car and Navigation wouldn't work without it during the test drive. Before I left, I got it in writing that they owe me one still. I'll reach out in a few days if they don't contact me first, and will escalate it as needed from there.

LeeH

Buick Ownership
Don't let the dealer state that the SD cards are made specifically for your VIN. Not so, they can be ordered as a replacement. ..at their cost of course..and the dealer can easily obtain the card delivered overnight. I would contact Buick Customer service to complain if you have not yet received the item. Could be the dealer does not want to pay overnight freight charges.

Once the card has been inserted and activated in your vehicle it cannot be used in any other car as it has been paired with your infotainment system.

I think the part number for the SD card is the same as Cadillac's etc.

GM should supply the cars without the SD card and overnight the item to buyers...thus eliminating the theft of these cards.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I seem to have very limited knowledge on this magic SD card. Could someone fill me in on the ins and outs of what exactly is on it... I am assuming navigation map data?

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I wonder why the TourX has an SD card for the navigation. My Regal has nav but there's no SD card in the slot, it's built into the audio unit. Maybe it's an expansion pack of US maps since the car was made in Europe.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence Rioja Red Metallic
Count me as another whose SD card went missing. I got the dealer to include in the "We Owe You" document and about a week later it arrived. Buick should come up with a better method, I thought it was an anomaly but reading this thread apparently not. Also no one seems to know exactly how all the various components of OnStar and Sirius work together including OnStar and Buick. I'm not even going to tell you the three times I had to call OnStar before my car was registered with them. I like the look and feel of the infotainment system, it's pretty easy to use but boy is it flaky. Sometime Sirius will come up and tell me the subscription has expired, it will continue to play the last channel I was on but won't change channels. Shutting the car off and on (rebooting) will fix it. I've also had it stuck on the backup camera which is actually kind of cool when driving down the road. Again a "reboot" will fix the problem.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Since my TourX has no card and has Nav., does that mean none of the red needled TourX with nav. need the card?
Not clear on map updates, and is that different for carded and non-carded TourX versions?

Pathy01

Since my TourX has no card and has Nav., does that mean none of the red needled TourX with nav. need the card?
Not clear on map updates, and is that different for carded and non-carded TourX versions?
Cars with the older Infotainment system have maps loaded to internal storage. I believe those models require the purchase of a USB map update which is then loaded onto the car whereas those with the new Intellilink 3 system require the purchase of a new SD card to replace the existing card when an update is required.

On a side note, if anyone can't get their dealer to order them the SD card to the one that was lost during prep, let me know as my dealer didn't do a very thorough job looking for mine and I found it in the accessory bag under the rear floor with my front license plate bracket (in FL where we only have rear plates). So I have the one they ordered in my car and the factory one that has never been used sitting in a drawer.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I believe the older red needle cars have an over-the-air update to their maps.
Please tell me updates are done automatically as they are available at no cost...
That woulld be another big plus for red needled cars, I guess not having to buy a new piece of hardware with every map update is another plus.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I also have red needles and have enjoyed watching the tides change as folks at one point were seeking white needled cars only.

It does seem that the red needle cars infotainment is more stable and potentially sound better (not sure if this second point was ever confirmed). If I ever do come across another TourX owner, one of the first questions I will ask is if I can listen to their white needled system for comparison. However, while I think the red needle dash looks better, I do think the white needle screen graphics look cleaner, split screen is cool, and flac compatibility is neat.

Back to your question....I'm pretty sure the answer to free map updates is a resounding "NO".

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I also have red needles and have enjoyed watching the tides change as folks at one point were seeking white needled cars only.

It does seem that the red needle cars infotainment is more stable and potentially sound better (not sure if this second point was ever confirmed). If I ever do come across another TourX owner, one of the first questions I will ask is if I can listen to their white needled system for comparison. However, while I think the red needle dash looks better, I do think the white needle screen graphics look cleaner, split screen is cool, and flac compatibility is neat.

Back to your question....I'm pretty sure the answer to free map updates is a resounding "NO".
I would say lets race see how detuned the white needle cars are... seems people with white needle cars are running 15 second quarters whereas red needle road tests are near mid 14's. Not to mention speed limited to 130 compared to red needled cars with limiter set 30 mph higher.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Getting back to the navigation question, I just recieved an email from Onstar about the traffic subscription. It looks like it is available ala carte.
"With real-time traffic, Predictive Navigation and more, getting from point A to B is a breeze! Push your blue OnStar button to add Connected Navigation to your plan for just $10/month. "

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
Just sent my dealer a reply to an email that it would take 6 weeks to receive a Navigation SD card. Told them it was completely unacceptable. Waiting on their reply to see if I need to call Buick Customer Service.

LeeH

Buick Ownership
Ask to speak to the dealership owner or GM! Are they saying it takes 6 weeks because it must be specially made for your car? My understanding is that the SD card is an off the shelf item. Good luck

Pathy01

Ask to speak to the dealership owner or GM! Are they saying it takes 6 weeks because it must be specially made for your car? My understanding is that the SD card is an off the shelf item. Good luck
You are correct, it's off the shelf item. When my dealer ordered one, it arrived in 2 days.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
CALL BUICK CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE !!!!!!!

They will contact dealer who will get it in a couple days.

Dealers hate being contacted by Buick Customers Assistance.

1-800-521-7300

Dealer may get angry with you, but who cares.

Pedal Commander