• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Saw my first TourX in the wild today.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I can't believe my eyes!
Saw 2 GS within 3 minutes when I drove by the local dealer. (Neither of them has anything to do with said dealer though, as they were also driving by).

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Other than at 2 different car dealerships where I was test driving to buy one, I’ve never seen another TourX in the wild.

Doing some really quick math and making some wild assumptions, apparently there ware only 27K Regal’s sold in the US, assuming half were TourXes and not Sportbacks (13.5k), and Siri reports 254M vehicles in use… the TourX represents 0.0053% of the US vehicular population not accounting for any that get totalled and taken out of circulation. The nearest larger town to me is 18 miles away, but there are 232k people living in that town. Assuming about half don’t own cars are are too young or old to drive I calculate there might be 6 TourXes in the area. Yet, I’ve seen more Maseratis, Ferraris, Jaguars, Aston Martins, and Lamborghini’s than TourXes. Most of these exotics are owned by Mr. Jimmy John himself as he has a huge garage at the Corporate Headquarters where he parks all his toys (and I used to work down the street from that office).

Last edited:

bloomer

Stillwater Mn.
Buick Ownership
TourX (Red Needle)
Spotted smoked pearl east bound on hwy 36 and Hadley around 7ish today. Anyone here?

Abbott Martin

Buick Boomer
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence DC1, DC2, S&S, Sunroof in Rouge Brown over Ebony
Other than at 2 different car dealerships where I was test driving to buy one, I’ve never seen another TourX in the wild.

Doing some really quick math and making some wild assumptions, apparently there ware only 27K Regal’s sold in the US, assuming half were TourXes and not Sportbacks (13.5k), and Siri reports 254M vehicles in use… the TourX represents 0.0053% of the US vehicular population not accounting for any that get totalled and taken out of circulation. The nearest larger town to me is 18 miles away, but there are 232k people living in that town. Assuming about half don’t own cars are are too young or old to drive I calculate there might be 6 TourXes in the area. Yet, I’ve seen more Maseratis, Ferraris, Jaguars, Aston Martins, and Lamborghini’s than TourXes. Most of these exotics are owned by Mr. Jimmy John himself as he has a huge garage at the Corporate Headquarters where he parks all his toys (and I used to work down the street from that office).
Up until recently, I had seen more Ferrari F40s in the wild than TourXs. Then again…it’s hard to miss an F40!

kopek

Wisconsin
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I live in La Crosse WI (I know most of you never heard of it) with a population of 53k. If I consider the surrounding towns, the population is approx 85,000 for the metro area. I have seen six different TourX's in the city since I've owned mine (9 months). On the flip side, during a 4,000 miles round trip to Colorado I have seen only one other TourX in the wild. Maybe their distribution across the country is not equal?

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
I live in La Crosse WI (I know most of you never heard of it) with a population of 53k. If I consider the surrounding towns, the population is approx 85,000 for the metro area. I have seen six different TourX's in the city since I've owned mine (9 months). On the flip side, during a 4,000 miles round trip to Colorado I have seen only one other TourX in the wild. Maybe their distribution across the country is not equal?
There were quite a few used TourXs for sale in Minneapolis this past winter. They were definitely more common than the sportback.

Abbott Martin

Buick Boomer
Buick Ownership
Maybe some dealerships were better about actually SELLING these cars.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

adam728

Buick Ownership
Buick
There were quite a few used TourXs for sale in Minneapolis this past winter. They were definitely more common than the sportback.
I think the sportback goes more unnoticed.

Looking nationwide on Autotrader just now for 2018-2020 Regals and there are 157 Sportback's, 124 TourX's, and 14 GS's.

Strongly supports the theory I've read that about 40% of the last gen Regals sold were TourX's.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence

Looking nationwide on Autotrader just now for 2018-2020 Regals and there are 157 Sportback's, 124 TourX's, and 14 GS's.

Strongly supports the theory I've read that about 40% of the last gen Regals sold were TourX's.
I would have noticed if the local dealers had Sportback's because that's what I was looking for. It seemed that in Minneapolis for every one sportback listed there were 3 TourXs. I was getting annoyed because I didn't want the wagon. This was January to March 2021.

Abbott Martin

Buick Boomer
Buick Ownership

I don’t think that’s a theory; I read an article saying that.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Buick Ownership
I think people who live in MN/WI/MI pay more attention to anything with AWD. Whereas folks in Colorado only drive Subarus all with cargo boxes on the roof. My daughter is probably the only subaru in Atlanta with a Thule cargo box on it.

kopek

Wisconsin
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I think people who live in MN/WI/MI pay more attention to anything with AWD. Whereas folks in Colorado only drive Subarus all with cargo boxes on the roof. My daughter is probably the only subaru in Atlanta with a Thule cargo box on it.
This would be the American Subaru made in Germany, a crossover between Colorado and the upper Midwest. I stole the picture from a Facebook group. :whacko:

Attachments

• American Subaru.jpg
    American Subaru.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 14

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Buick Ownership
This would be the American Subaru made in Germany, a crossover between Colorado and the upper Midwest. I stole the picture from a Facebook group. :whacko:
My oh my, that is hideous looking. I can honestly say I have no desire to do that to my beautiful red TourX

I happened to be in Madison WI yesterday, no TourX sighting but I did see some 2017 or older Regals, but no 2018+ regal Sportbacks.

MMKRegalTX

Pittsburgh, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
At the Pittsburgh vintage grand prix today I saw a white tourX driving around Oakland looking for parking. I gave a wave from the other white tour X.

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
My wife (the 2018 Regal Sportback driver) and I were walking in her older brother's neighborhood in Rocky River, OH, and were shocked to see not one, but two TourX in the span of ten minutes! And the day before, we were parked near our nephew's house in Perrysburg and I was surprised that I picked the one house of the Buick Sportback owner!
BoilerMakerRegals.jpg
Three 2018-2019 Buick Regals in less than 24 hours, that's amazing!

Abbott Martin

Buick Boomer
Buick Ownership
My wife (the 2018 Regal Sportback driver) and I were walking in her older brother's neighborhood in Rocky River, OH, and were shocked to see not one, but two TourX in the span of ten minutes! And the day before, we were parked near our nephew's house in Perrysburg and I was surprised that I picked the one house of the Buick Sportback owner!
Three 2018-2019 Buick Regals in less than 24 hours, that's amazing!
Whoa! That’s not common. There seem to be clusters of TourXes. Maybe because people buy them after seeing them locally.

regfootball

how often does this happen

2 unicorns in the wild; i parked right next to the black one!

Barry Manilow singing '2 ships that pass in the night'

Attachments

• IMG_4199 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_4199 - Copy.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 9935d5be355d44e4873b8b54d8d15edd.jpg
    9935d5be355d44e4873b8b54d8d15edd.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

bollox74

Savannah, GA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I pulled up to a house showing back in January and another TourX arrived to view the house 5 minutes after we got there. Funny enough, it was is Stillwater MN. ( I just relocated to Savannah, GA from Minneapolis)

regfootball

I pulled up to a house showing back in January and another TourX arrived to view the house 5 minutes after we got there. Funny enough, it was is Stillwater MN. ( I just relocated to Savannah, GA from Minneapolis)
Its interesting, a now excoworker relocated back to GA from here in Mpls area, and many others I know the last 2-3 years, leaving Mpls and MN. Many move to florida when they retire or get close to it so the taxes don't bite as much in FL. this pic was in Edina.
We'd have moved from here by now except we still have a kid in school and sort of don't want to uproot him now.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners