• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Short lived TourX

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I suspect the 2020's will go for MSRP or close for a while.
Especially in the snow belt areas, where the Subaru cult runs strong. Here in New England, not only are there minimal deals, most dealerships can't get enough stock on the Outback, Forester, and Crosstrek.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
In the winter, The Forester is the "I'd rather risk driving this today rather than my TourX" car.
In the summer it is the spare, spare, I don't care where I park it, need to remind myself just how good I have it" car.
I certainly do not hate it, but sure have a hard time feeling the love.

jclin4

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Especially in the snow belt areas, where the Subaru cult runs strong. Here in New England, not only are there minimal deals, most dealerships can't get enough stock on the Outback, Forester, and Crosstrek.
I was in VT last weekend and you would have a hard time finding a vehicle that was not a Subaru. My TourX really stood out.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
Jaguar Sportbrake
I saw my first one of these in the flesh a few days ago. It's a looker, but I'd don't think I'd choose it over the V90 or E-Class wagon at that price segment. I see way too many late model Jags on flatbeds around here given how generally rare they are to see on the road.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I see many times more Teslas on the road than TourX. I see as many Tesla's as buicks period. Tesla's are very rare around Northern NH.
What is now really worrisome about the TourX is availability of repair parts in an auto accident.

Latest sad news:
Vauxhall Drops Insignia Country Tourer From UK Lineup After Poor Sales | Carscoops
Buick Regal Sales Down 34 Percent To 2,985 Units In Q2 2019
Is The New Insignia A Real Alternative To BMW And Audi? | Carscoops

I would not be surprised if GM Pulls the plug for the 2020 year on the Regal & TourX and fire sales any 2020 that may have been shipped to the USA already.
Me, I'd make a last ditch effort on a GS version with a nice interior, and try selling as a loss leader to Spread the Gospel, but realistically, I suspect the TourX/Regal, Opel Insignia, Holden, etc. is DOA. Sucks, I foresee another plant shutdown.

Last edited:

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I see many times more Teslas on the road than TourX. I see as many Tesla's as buicks period. Tesla's are very rare around Northern NH.
What is now really worrisome about the TourX is availability of repair parts in an auto accident.

Latest sad news:
Vauxhall Drops Insignia Country Tourer From UK Lineup After Poor Sales | Carscoops

I would not be surprised if GM Pulls the plug for the 2020 year on the Regal & TourX and fire sales any 2020 that may have been shipped to the USA already.
Me, I'd make a last ditch effort on a GS version with a nice interior, and try selling as a loss leader to Spread the Gospel, but realistically, I suspect the TourX/Regal, Opel Insignia, Holden, etc. is DOA. Sucks, I foresee another plant shutdown.
I see a ton of Enclaves and Encores around here and a few Envisions. The LaCrosse is a long time staple car as well, but I live in Heaven's waiting room of central Florida.

No Regal would be the end of any non SUV/CUV Buick. With the LaCrosse officially out of the picture there's a slim chance those buyers would cross shop the Regal, though they really aren't the same class of car and probably attract a different set of buyers. In any case, the long term picture for the Regal and TourX availability in North America doesn't look good.

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Being under 80 days until Br-exit may have some influence on dropping the right hand drive tooling. According to the article linked they are still selling other Insignia models (including the Sport Tourer)

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

Latest sad news:

[/QUOTE/]
GM is pushing me to Caddy again.. Chevy is not an option, and will not buy a Buick if vehicle is available as a GMC.
Was going to sell my 09 Pontiacs but may need to start driving them. If Caddy does not get a vehicle I like with their V8, and has option of driving itself...may be done buying big cars.
Even these vehicles can be driven by computer, if you do not want to drive yourself.20190809_085845.jpg
20190809_090019.jpg

Last edited:

fc528e

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX Essence, Ebony Twilight Metallic
I was in VT last weekend and you would have a hard time finding a vehicle that was not a Subaru. My TourX really stood out.
Just got back from VT and can confirm 🤣

I'm 30 and just traded my Honda HR-V in for a TourX. Few days in and it's been nothing but perfection!

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Mazda could bring over a real winner if they didn't have 17 different crossovers in the US market already.
Just got back from Budapest and saw several Mazda 6 wagons - a great looker! I also saw many current gen and last gen Insignia wagons (a lot of them were
diesels and mainly under the Opel badge) - even saw the Peugeot version.

And, of course, many many hatchback and wagon variants of so many brands (as common as SUV’s here). IMO, the newest Audi A6 Avant was the most beautiful of the ones I saw.

And among the many miles I walked touring the city (which was more than I expected), my unscientific poll (mainly me seeing through windows of parked cars) says manual transmissions are alive and well (at least there).

G-822623

I only see one other TourX in VT, the white one that I looked at before I got my smoked pearl. The owner doesn't even notice me when I wave :( There was a black one I've seen twice. I get people asking about my TourX just about every time I take it somewhere. It's debadged and has BBS wheels. It starts conversations, that's for sure.

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
My wife and I were in California for a week and drove from San Diego up the Pacific Coast Highway and US 101 to the San Francisco Bay area and on to Sonoma Wine country. We put over 1,000 miles on our rental car (Volvo S60 that we had cross-shopped before we got our Regal Sportback) and I saw countless Teslas, Porsches, Ferraris, and Lamborghinis, but zero Buick Regals. I even spotted three Jaguar I-Pace EVs in San Francisco in one day. Where were the 2018/2019 Regals?

landsharkmz3

My wife and I were in California for a week and drove from San Diego up the Pacific Coast Highway and US 101 to the San Francisco Bay area and on to Sonoma Wine country. We put over 1,000 miles on our rental car (Volvo S60 that we had cross-shopped before we got our Regal Sportback) and I saw countless Teslas, Porsches, Ferraris, and Lamborghinis, but zero Buick Regals. I even spotted three Jaguar I-Pace EVs in San Francisco in one day. Where were the 2018/2019 Regals?
Not expensive enough. They couldn't see them under their long noses.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Tourx
"The best or nothing" translates to "If you have more money than brains".

x10003q

Buick Ownership
2019 GS
GM probably did not want to ship them over the Rockies.:giggle:

JackRydden224

Living in Southern California I’ve seen more exotics than Regal Sportbacks. I can count zero TourX in the last year since they came out. There are exactly 5 GS models in the state of California :)

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Since GM seems to be exiting the car market I would guarantee that the TourX will only be around for a couple more yrs (maybe not even that long) Buick seems to have no idea on how to sell this wonderful car. I have mine 10 months and have yet to see another on the road and I live on Long Island where just about every family has 3 or 4 cars!) Not sure why GM is so willing to let this car die on the vine...They need to aggressively advertise with some catchy ads.....Current commercials barely mention the Tourx at all. Maybe since they are made by Opel GM really doesn't care BUT they are the only american maker that makes a station wagon. Not only have I not seen another Tourx in 10 months but those that see mine ask what it is..and are shocked when I mention the words Station Wagon.....Hope it's around in 2 more yrs so I can lease another....BAD MOVE GENERAL MOTORS!!!!!!
You're probably right, but hope you're wrong about it being gone when lease is up. We really like our TourX more every time we take a trip in it. We get the positive comments all over too. Pretty funny when I brought it to dealership for oil change, people picking up their (probably SUV) kept looking at it, I could see the wife ask her husband, what about one of these? C'mon GM - but I'm not a little-SUV-liker like so may are, so I'm probably out...

and all the other AWD wagons are too small, or too pricey - and those ubiquitous Suby's are tin cans with snowmobile transmissions

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
You're probably right, but hope you're wrong about it being gone when lease is up. We really like our TourX more every time we take a trip in it. We get the positive comments all over too. Pretty funny when I brought it to dealership for oil change, people picking up their (probably SUV) kept looking at it, I could see the wife ask her husband, what about one of these? C'mon GM - but I'm not a little-SUV-liker like so may are, so I'm probably out...

and all the other AWD wagons are too small, or too pricey - and those ubiquitous Suby's are tin cans with snowmobile transmissions
As I've said the creeping little thought I have in the back of my head is that when it comes time for something else (6 or 7 years given my usual ownership cycles) there won't be a darn thing in my price range that I have any desire for.

Pedal Commander