• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Short lived TourX

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I suspect the 2020's will go for MSRP or close for a while.
Especially in the snow belt areas, where the Subaru cult runs strong. Here in New England, not only are there minimal deals, most dealerships can't get enough stock on the Outback, Forester, and Crosstrek.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
In the winter, The Forester is the "I'd rather risk driving this today rather than my TourX" car.
In the summer it is the spare, spare, I don't care where I park it, need to remind myself just how good I have it" car.
I certainly do not hate it, but sure have a hard time feeling the love.

jclin4

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Especially in the snow belt areas, where the Subaru cult runs strong. Here in New England, not only are there minimal deals, most dealerships can't get enough stock on the Outback, Forester, and Crosstrek.
I was in VT last weekend and you would have a hard time finding a vehicle that was not a Subaru. My TourX really stood out.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Jaguar Sportbrake
I saw my first one of these in the flesh a few days ago. It's a looker, but I'd don't think I'd choose it over the V90 or E-Class wagon at that price segment. I see way too many late model Jags on flatbeds around here given how generally rare they are to see on the road.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I see many times more Teslas on the road than TourX. I see as many Tesla's as buicks period. Tesla's are very rare around Northern NH.
What is now really worrisome about the TourX is availability of repair parts in an auto accident.

Latest sad news:
Vauxhall Drops Insignia Country Tourer From UK Lineup After Poor Sales | Carscoops
Buick Regal Sales Down 34 Percent To 2,985 Units In Q2 2019
Is The New Insignia A Real Alternative To BMW And Audi? | Carscoops

I would not be surprised if GM Pulls the plug for the 2020 year on the Regal & TourX and fire sales any 2020 that may have been shipped to the USA already.
Me, I'd make a last ditch effort on a GS version with a nice interior, and try selling as a loss leader to Spread the Gospel, but realistically, I suspect the TourX/Regal, Opel Insignia, Holden, etc. is DOA. Sucks, I foresee another plant shutdown.

Last edited:

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I see many times more Teslas on the road than TourX. I see as many Tesla's as buicks period. Tesla's are very rare around Northern NH.
What is now really worrisome about the TourX is availability of repair parts in an auto accident.

Latest sad news:
Vauxhall Drops Insignia Country Tourer From UK Lineup After Poor Sales | Carscoops

I would not be surprised if GM Pulls the plug for the 2020 year on the Regal & TourX and fire sales any 2020 that may have been shipped to the USA already.
Me, I'd make a last ditch effort on a GS version with a nice interior, and try selling as a loss leader to Spread the Gospel, but realistically, I suspect the TourX/Regal, Opel Insignia, Holden, etc. is DOA. Sucks, I foresee another plant shutdown.
I see a ton of Enclaves and Encores around here and a few Envisions. The LaCrosse is a long time staple car as well, but I live in Heaven's waiting room of central Florida.

No Regal would be the end of any non SUV/CUV Buick. With the LaCrosse officially out of the picture there's a slim chance those buyers would cross shop the Regal, though they really aren't the same class of car and probably attract a different set of buyers. In any case, the long term picture for the Regal and TourX availability in North America doesn't look good.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

Latest sad news:

[/QUOTE/]
GM is pushing me to Caddy again.. Chevy is not an option, and will not buy a Buick if vehicle is available as a GMC.
Was going to sell my 09 Pontiacs but may need to start driving them. If Caddy does not get a vehicle I like with their V8, and has option of driving itself...may be done buying big cars.
Even these vehicles can be driven by computer, if you do not want to drive yourself.20190809_085845.jpg
20190809_090019.jpg

Last edited: