• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Short lived TourX

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Just spent one week in Italy for work. For the whole week I saw only 3 insignias in the new body style. One station wagon and two sport backs. I guess they are not selling well In Italy. I was driving company car 2014 Peugeot 508 SW (what a junk), don’t know why people would buy that over Insignia.
View attachment 17331

Attachments

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Something like that, can’t say this for the TourX.It makes it even rarer)))
Even rarer if not many buddies..
Have seen no other TourX's except at dealers, and I live in area with at least 5 or 6 Buick GMC dealers.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Even rarer if not many buddies..
Have seen no other TourX's except at dealers, and I live in area with at least 5 or 6 Buick GMC dealers.
Same here mate, 4 or 5 dealerships around my area- seen no other ones so far. There is only one I’ve seen earlier this year in Atlanta. Was parked by my favorite restaurant.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
ok, you're going international, not domestic for US consumption. I get that. What does Ford make?
Exactly, there was my point. In Europe, every car manufacturer is offering SW. Mondeo Estate would be for ford.
1565009913243.png

landsharkmz3

I've had Ford Mondeo wagons as rentals in Germany, and I loved them. That 2.0L Diesel even got me to 150mph.

Ford brought the European Mondeo to the US and called it a Fusion to replace the truly terrible 500. Ford's sales then took off in that segment and the Fusion was wildly popular. They never did bring the wagon.

landsharkmz3

ok, you're going international, not domestic for US consumption. I get that. What does Ford make?
International offers were the point.

The reason I bought the TourX is because it is one of the very very few proper wagons offered in this market.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Funny how shape & overall lines of the wagons have evolved that you can't tell one from another with a quick glance.

All of them have more eye appeal than an SUV

jclin4

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
Fewer and fewer European manufacturers are offering wagons in the US. VW and BMW recently terminated their wagons for our market.

It almost seems like a fluke that a re-badged Opel wagon is offered for sale here, and frequently at a discount.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Fewer and fewer European manufacturers are offering wagons in the US. VW and BMW recently terminated their wagons for our market.

It almost seems like a fluke that a re-badged Opel wagon is offered for sale here, and frequently at a discount.
Looking from the outside in it seems the thought was Buick figured they could capture some of the lucrative Outback market. While I personally I love the TourX, happy Subaru owners are a pretty loyal bunch and much of what the current TourX does better than a 2019 Outback will be bested by the 2020 Outback, especially the turbo version.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I'd offer that GM introduced it at just the right time now that most of the competing wagons are not available in the U.S..
I don't totally disagree there, but the fact that GM/Buick decided to line up the trim levels with the Subaru Outback XT (and put the plastic cladding on it, too) means they had a key demographic in mind that's a bit different than most wagon buyers.

On the pricey end, you get the Mercedes E-class wagon, the Volvo V90, then V60, the BMW 3-series wagon, and Audi Allroad which all still exist. The VW Sportwagen and Alltrack are being discontinued. If you look at brand research, the buyers of the wagons often have the highest household income of brand customers.

I personally think Buick was a bit foolish to line it up against the Outback XT - they should have lined it up as a more reasonably priced alternative to the Luxury brand wagons. Less focus on the sporty/outdoorsy, and more on the practical comfort. As such, it seems like a mistake to make leather available on the Essence trim only.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
The Outback XT is a turbo and not for sale yet as it is a 2020 model and completely new generation. Only the NA 3.6 is available currently as the top engine. BMW 3 series wagon is gone after 2019 in US.

I agree Buick should have offered the car with higher level amenities but the price point is tricky as not many folks will fork over $50K for the Buick wagon no matter how well equipped. They can't get people to pay anywhere close to sticker as it is. Cadillac may have been a better platform to go after the luxury wagon market but Cadillac would not have rebadged an Opel to do it, the styling cues are all wrong for Cadillac to do a simple rebadge like Buick did, but I'd welcome another Caddy wagon variant like the previous CTS.

Pedal Commander