Short lived TourX

OldWhiteChevy

Exactly, who's really off roading these things anyway? I'd guess very few, and infrequently at that. Subarus that is.
I've never understood why they call them Sport Utility Vehicles. They're more about utility (hauling patio furniture and ladders from Home Depot) than about "sport" (driving into the wilderness and hauling firewood and deer carcasses around). :)

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Because Sport Utility Vehicle sounds better then NSW AKA New Station Wagon LOL.

William Fischetti

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Advertising, advertising, advertising is the answer....how can you expect to sell this wonderful car if virtually no one knows it exists....remember the VW beetle? Was there ever an uglier car? The catchy, making fun of itself, aggresive campaign is what sold the car....buick needs to do the same....I hate to see the Tourx go.....

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I'm certainly not in the know and just trying to piece together what I've been reading on the PSA website along with the usual auto web sites and rags.

It appears to me that with the PSA purchase of Opel back in 2017 and with PSA's new redesign of the Opel Insignia front grill (called the Peugeot 508 SW), its redesigned rear light treatments and new interior due for sale in Europe (summer, 2019) that our Buick version possibly won't be sold past 2019 based on the low current sales volume. GM would need to continue a relationship with PSA to sell the car in the US which I think is unlikely even if the Opel plant in Germany continues to make the current version. But then, if PSA makes the Peugeot 508 in the Opel plant, both versions make no sense.

Of course, I am probably totally incorrect with my assumptions.

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Humboldt County, CA; or Germany
Buick Ownership
Not yet...
... say the Outback is better is that it has more ground clearance...
Yeah, this drives me nuts. I'm over on the Outback and Forester forums (same username), and half the guy over there want to "raise" their Subarus and put knobbies on them...

Like they're going to take a unibody wagon with open differentials and no low range rock crawling?!

If Subaru would bring back the Legacy wagon, then that would be something... But that's now dead worldwide, not even just here in the States.

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
Yeah, this drives me nuts. I'm over on the Outback and Forester forums (same username), and half the guy over there want to "raise" their Subarus and put knobbies on them...
And I would love to be able to buy the slightly lower Opel sportwagen without the cladding...

Attachments

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I saw an article that suggested that Buick claimed 60, but an outside group determined that it was 70, but I dunno! Based on the responses here, it seems clear that the TourX appeals to a much younger demographic.
Well they are both ages correct, as I am 65. The blue one is my 3 season ride.
Note the 2014 Forester. Anyone looking to buy a "meh" Subie? 6 Speed manual Premium with winter package. Oh the Power!
Out the door price on this 2018 Essene leftover I'm having ship up to me from down South Out the door price was a bit less than the Subie cost me 5 years ago. I used my GM reward points, but still Buick is almost giving the TourX away.
Subaru is safe & great in snow, but if this is supposed to be a winter car, why does it take 7-10 miles to get any heat, and all the fasteners have poor rust protection. I guess Japan has not heard of salt.
Makes a 15 minute minor repair job a real pain. 15 minutes for the repair, 3 hours to get the thing apart.

My first post. I should get Buick by end of January.

Attachments

Loodle

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I am 44, and traded in a 09 Outback for my TourX. Prior to that had an 86 240 Wagon, which despite the obligatory Volvo quirks I came to love.

Always on the look out for cool wagons or shooting brakes. Last night spotted a Saab 9-3 wagon tooling around, kinda forgot about those.

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
Its with a heavy heart that I admit to being 66. With that being said I bought Volvo Turbo wagons in my early 30's and would have continued to buy them if they had stayed RWD. So to help the cause should I register my Tourx in my 3o year old sons name?

VTSummit

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Subaru is safe & great in snow, but if this is supposed to be a winter car, why does it take 7-10 miles to get any heat, and all the fasteners have poor rust protection.
My first post. I should get Buick by end of January.
I have bad news for you about the TourX... the heat is terrible in them. My other cars are blowing really warm air by the time I get to the main road from my house, the Buick takes about 5 miles.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I have bad news for you about the TourX... the heat is terrible in them. My other cars are blowing really warm air by the time I get to the main road from my house, the Buick takes about 5 miles.
Forester is 8 to 10 minutes.
Little motor, Little heat I guess.

How is the AC? That sucks on the Forrester also. Wife's Equinox heats right up.

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
It seems to work decent in mine, but I have noticed a ‘chill’ at times, even when set to 72. When running in auto mode the A/C is always on, so I’ve attributed it to that. I have yet to turn it off and see if it heats up faster.

reyman

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
I'm 27 so I definitely pull that average down :cool:

LeeH

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tour X Essence
The US market is driven by the manufacturers who discovered a way to use a pickup chassis, dress it up and call it an SUV or whatever with ads of drivers scaling Mount Everest in the vehicles. I believe it is a "created" market, not a consumer-driven market. Now everyone wants to be at the same level "eye to eye" at a traffic light...not looking at someone's wheel well.

That said!, I prefer the sedan drive thus am an owner of a Tour X. Just look at the vehicles that roll over in highway medians....SUV's ! not sedans.

For fun, just google speed tests on the German Autobahn and see that almost all of the cars are sedans or wagons traveling at 120 plus mph. Can't imagine driving that speed in a top-heavy SUV. Here is just one link
See how many stations wagons this guy buzzes by. Enjoy

FavaBean

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
It seems to work decent in mine, but I have noticed a ‘chill’ at times, even when set to 72. When running in auto mode the A/C is always on
I've noticed that chill too. I don't like to use 'auto' setting on cold days. My lower legs are always cold. But when I turn off the a/c (as 'auto' setting defaults a/c to max) I instantly feel warmer.

Interestingly, this is the first car I've driven which allows air to blow through all 3 zones simultaneously - defrost (windshield), face and feet.

Lugen

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Since GM seems to be exiting the car market I would guarantee that the TourX will only be around for a couple more yrs (maybe not even that long) Buick seems to have no idea on how to sell this wonderful car. I have mine 10 months and have yet to see another on the road and I live on Long Island where just about every family has 3 or 4 cars!) Not sure why GM is so willing to let this car die on the vine...They need to aggressively advertise with some catchy ads.....Current commercials barely mention the Tourx at all. Maybe since they are made by Opel GM really doesn't care BUT they are the only american maker that makes a station wagon. Not only have I not seen another Tourx in 10 months but those that see mine ask what it is..and are shocked when I mention the words Station Wagon.....Hope it's around in 2 more yrs so I can lease another....BAD MOVE GENERAL MOTORS!!!!!!
I agree. I have a 2018 TourX. I wish they offered the wagon GS version like the Opel Insignia.

shorty

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Just got a TourX and love it. I'm very short, so the larger SUV's are not at all for me. This car actually has enough cargo capacity for all my stuff! I've never seen another on the road yet - I don't mind. I love being one of a kind. In case you're wondering, I just traded in an Orange Aztek - never saw another one of those on the road either!!! The TourX gets compliments from everybody, including younger guys in their 30s (not your "typical" Buick buyers). Yes, I'm one of the middle-aged types (I'm 54), but very active, and don't feel like a senior. However, Mom (now 82) is the classic Buick buyer, and still has her '93 Roadmaster……..

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.