• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Kntazzina

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have the same problem. I have been back and forth with GM customer service and my dealer that I bought the car from. It looks like GM is closing my case again because the dealer keeps telling them that this is a normal thing. I have had my car for 3 months and that is about how long I have been fighting with them. I hope they are going to fix this problem very soon.

richmusch

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi there, the problem is coming from all audio sources. It's caused by the software in the amplifier which is in place to noise cancel the hissing sound coming out of the two tweeters in the front doors when the audio system and engine is turned off. Please try to turn the volume about 40% up, then listen to a song like "Rolling in the deep" or "It's going down" by Young Joc, see if you can duplicate the problem. Thanks.

Has a TSB or anything of the sort come out for this? My radio volume fluctuates and the dealer thinks I am insane b/c it didn't happen when we were driving the car.

Legendaryjarl

Buick Ownership
Buick
Has a TSB or anything of the sort come out for this? My radio volume fluctuates and the dealer thinks I am insane b/c it didn't happen when we were driving the car.

Rich, this happens more noticeably on higher fidelity sound sources like a USB drive or a CD. We are currently working on a fix for it, however, I don't know when the fix will be rolled out.

richmusch

Buick Ownership
Buick
I'll be be patient for now and hope something comes out.

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo (T03) - 6 sp manual & 2013 Verano Turbo (totalled 9/19)

Suggest you point your dealer to this thread so they can see you are not insane and that many others are experiencing this issue.

Ryde

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I also have the kardon audio system. I thought I was imagining this till I came across this thread...

I haven't noticed it too often, but I definitely did notice it on certain songs. I may bring it to the dealer when I get some free time.

richmusch

Buick Ownership
Buick
Rich, this happens more noticeably on higher fidelity sound sources like a USB drive or a CD. We are currently working on a fix for it, however, I don't know when the fix will be rolled out.

Any update on this, I am going in to the dealer on Wednesday and would like to have as much info to back me up as possible. Already have the Adele song on my iPhone 4 but another dealer having a fix would help tremendously.

-Rich

bpwilmoth

Buick Ownership
Buick
If other people are having the same issue as us, please post on here. I want to get an idea of the scope of the issue. Thanks!
I picked my CXL Turbo (T05) and the volume changes on me too. The first thing I did was turn off Auto-Volume, my G8 had it so I knew better, and like another post stated the volume seems to adjust in reverse. Slow to a stop the volume increases.

Weird...

bpwilmoth

Buick Ownership
Buick
I contacted my Service Manager at Heritage Buick GMC in Rockwall, TX and he understood my description of what was happening. I mentioned that HK was aware of this issue and had a programming update for the amp. I also emailed this thread and another to him for backup. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

BJK

IL
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal CXL Turbo T07
I have the exact same issue with the H/K system in my T07...REALLY ANNOYING.

Detroit, USA
I contacted my Service Manager at Heritage Buick GMC in Rockwall, TX and he understood my description of what was happening. I mentioned that HK was aware of this issue and had a programming update for the amp. I also emailed this thread and another to him for backup. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

I am also interested in what you find at the dealer. Feel free to keep me posted as well either here on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.

bpwilmoth

Buick Ownership
Buick
I am also interested in what you find at the dealer. Feel free to keep me posted as well either here on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.
John has not responded to the email, so I just called and left him a voice mail. I will definitely post the outcome.

Hopefully it is a simple flash of the program. I've been spreading the "Word" about my Regal Turbo. I Still cannot believe you guys have made a car that I would have traded my G8 GT for... :eek:

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
John has not responded to the email, so I just called and left him a voice mail. I will definitely post the outcome.

Hopefully it is a simple flash of the program. I've been spreading the "Word" about my Regal Turbo. I Still cannot believe you guys have made a car that I would have traded my G8 GT for... :eek:

Did you go into torque withdrawal after changing? Our turbos are pretty weak off the line. :(

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
That's funny... The first thing I say is... "Other than Neck-Snapping 0-60, the Regal beats the G8 in every way." :D

A buddy of mine is considering adding a supercharger to his G8. He's already beefed up the suspension and is ready to go even faster.

There's a chip tunes which will boost the hp and torque. You may want to look into it, check out the "Trifecta Group Buy" thread stickied at the top of the forum.

bpwilmoth

Buick Ownership
Buick
Good luck with your tune, I'm hoping to have mine by this weekend. :driving:
I read about the Trifecta tune, sounds very impressive, but since I already own the Cortex from my G8, I'll have to wait on SC to get to the Regal. The engineer told me they got 48hp at the wheels from the HHR SS Automatic tune which give me great hope since our motors were set to a lower boost than the HHR and Cobalt SS, WHY?????? :mad:

I guess I could sell my Cortex anytime I wanted and get $250 easy, but I'd still have to shell out $ for the Trifecta Tune. Spending $ on my cars always goes over like a "Lead Ballon" :blink:

Give me details on how you like your tune. Do they reprogram the tranny? THAT was the BIG improvement for the Cortex G8 GT Tune :headbang:

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!