• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Space Saver Spare Tire Size TourX Essence

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I flew to Edmonton, AB for work and National had a 2019 Regal Sportback Essence FWD on their Emerald Aisle. I had if for about three days and when taking it back this morning, I decided to look under the cargo cover. There was a spare!!!! So, naturally, I took pictures. Have not looked any of them up yet. Enjoy.

As found.
E833725F-E2B0-4061-B583-B073C595BE49.jpeg

PN for the snowflake cover.
1CBA1755-441D-4CEA-A341-44EA673C876A.jpeg

PN for the wheel.C3D97367-F0D8-4C23-825F-71ED67195335.jpeg

Close up of wheel.
C162017D-6244-46E7-8254-C498586D048F.jpeg

Tire size
79840876-28F2-403D-9287-AD11CF5260FC.jpeg

Jack/tool kit
88AAE02A-88C0-4F5E-B384-5ED74D14293E.jpeg

PN for Jack/tool kit.
AFE2E8C4-1E6D-48A7-9FA1-DBF1584ECDA9.jpeg

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Does it leave room for the Bose subwoofer?
This unit did not have a subwoofer. I am not familiar with sportback trim levels but assumed it was an essence because of the wood grain trim. It may not have been though. It may have room without the jack/tool kit.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
This unit did not have a subwoofer. I am not familiar with sportback trim levels but assumed it was an essence because of the wood grain trim. It may not have been though. It may have room without the jack/tool kit.
Get Bose stereo - loose spare.

For me it's an acceptable trade. By the time Buick's roadside assistance runs out my tires will need replacing anyway. I always get mine somewhere there's a very comprehensive road-hazard warranty attached to the tires.

Meanwhile I get to crank the tunes on my commute and sing along.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Get Bose stereo - loose spare.

For me it's an acceptable trade. By the time Buick's roadside assistance runs out my tires will need replacing anyway. I always get mine somewhere there's a very comprehensive road-hazard warranty attached to the tires.

Meanwhile I get to crank the tunes on my commute and sing along.
Guys are fitting spare in with subwoofer..but I am with you Pricipal Dan...Do not want to jinx myself but have had GM bring me gas, not a rollback. Last tire I changed was on a Aztec. Use to run out of gas with GP on trips up north, when it said empty it meant it. I always drove to fast for V8 to go into V4 mode.

Last edited:

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Driving in populated area is one thing but if you travel back roads it’s a crap shoot. I travel less traveled roads sometimes. I plan ahead for gas, I can read a gauge, but a flat is unexpected. I’m not waiting on the side of the road for hours. There is a spare in the back of mine. Even with a subwoofer it’s an easy fit. YMMV.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I thought I would roll the dice since I have never had anything but a slow leak, sure enough I got a full blowout with a hole big enough to get two fingers in. So now I have a spare too. I know they would tow it but I prefer to have more control.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
You also have to acknowledge though that the frequency of flats etc has been steadily dropping. I can remember how often one would find a flat on a car in the 80s as opposed to in the 2000s. I don't know what has been changing about tires and technology etc but flat probabilities have been dropping.

The last one for my wife was because she smacked a curb so hard she blew the sidewall (thank god the rim escaped unscathed) and the last one for me was because of something I ran over but it was totally my fault.

The only vehicle that I got to use the spare on in multiple occasions was an old F150 I had and I'm certain at least one of those times my ex-wife slashed the tire.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
P Dan, my TourX Essence without Bose (still pretty good sound system, but not top o the line). It has a subwoofer and no spare. Do I have something weird here?

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Purchased this from fleeBay today. Spare from 2017 Lacrosse. Paid $100 for it with free shipping and went to a junk yard and got a jack from '14 impala for $15. Was a brand new spare in it, but it was only 16".

Attachments

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Is a spare even an option in America on the FWD Sportback, or was that a Canada specific (possibly fleet only) option?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
P Dan, my TourX Essence without Bose (still pretty good sound system, but not top o the line). It has a subwoofer and no spare. Do I have something weird here?
Us poor pitiful Preferred owners have to get the Sights and Sounds package to get the 8 in screen + sub-woofer + Bose speakers. Can't get the sub-woofer and 8 in screen in a Preferred without Bose speakers. ;)

My larger point was that in 1989 I would have been terrified to not have a spare. In 2019 I'm not as concerned.

ECM56

Falls Church, Virginia
Buick Ownership
2018.5 (White needle) TourX Essence DC1 DC2 S&S Pano
Nice Pics! Was wondering, where did you find the cargo mat? Most mats I've seen, seem to cover the tie-down rails. The one you have is perfect!
It's made by Lloyd Mats - full name Lloyd Mats RubberTite Rubber Floor Mats. I got it from AutoAnything.

It was recommended by another forum member in a thread about cargo mats (TourX Cargo Liner).

When you order there is an option to select that your vehicle has the cargo rails.

Here is the receipt showing what I ordered:

1566829525107.png

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Is a spare even an option in America on the FWD Sportback, or was that a Canada specific (possibly fleet only) option?
I think it's fleet-only. There's no mention of a spare anywhere in the Canadian sales material or owner's manual.

Pedal Commander