• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Space Saver Spare Tire Size TourX Essence

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
16” will not clear the front brake calipers...I believe someone here confirmed they will clear the rear.

if you get a flat on the front you will be changing two tires at the side of the road.

pigeonhold

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred
I went to a salvage yard and found a 2007 Buick Lucerne with the posted-recommended T125/70R17 size. I paid $12. Thanks for the advice from everyone. I'm going to use the advice to make it fit in the wheel well with the speaker.

pigeonhold

Buick Ownership
Anything special to get in trunck with Bose ?
Thx
Meant to say woofer*. I'm planning on getting into it this weekend. Will post updates/pics, but feeling optimistic with everyone else's success.

ctsemicon

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Tourx
200? Alloy DTS Rim from pick-a-part salvage yard, with 145/70-R17 Space Saver Spare. Allows the foam insert from same salvage to hold jack and wrenches. also leaves room for the odds n ends like small toolkit, Buick User Manual, and fishing pole (collapsible, of course;). I verified it fits by putting on TourX and actually driving a couple of yards around driveway.

Hope this helps.
TRUNK.jpg

WeLikeIt

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX, 2003 Century, 1989 Regal
Spent a few hrs at the pick n pull today, with no luck. Anyone running a bigger tire spare? Cant find any small enough. Closest bolt pattern I could find was a 5 on 114.3, which would work for an emergency.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Spent a few hrs at the pick n pull today, with no luck. Anyone running a bigger tire spare? Cant find any small enough. Closest bolt pattern I could find was a 5 on 114.3, which would work for an emergency.
You'll get different opinions on this of course, but 5 X 114.3 works fine, it was the size of the winter rims and tires I ran on my ATS for 4 years with no issues. You might need hubcentric rings though.

Ndoggct

Buick Ownership
Looking into buying regal
Thank you all for the guidance
I ended up with a dts wheel and tire that just sneaks in the spare tire sell in trunck
The front brake caliper just clears and I mean 1/4” space tops to spin freely

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
200? Alloy DTS Rim from pick-a-part salvage yard, with 145/70-R17 Space Saver Spare. Allows the foam insert from same salvage to hold jack and wrenches. also leaves room for the odds n ends like small toolkit, Buick User Manual, and fishing pole (collapsible, of course;). I verified it fits by putting on TourX and actually driving a couple of yards around driveway.

Hope this helps.
Interesting that you got yours to fit. I just picked up the 9594807 STS wheel today that came with a 145/70R17 Goodyear tire and it doesn’t fit the trunk… Unless I air at all the way down.

I could either return the tire and wheel and get my $35 back or pick up a new 125 from tire rack and mount that

Last edited:

Ndoggct

Buick Ownership
Looking into buying regal
Interesting that you got yours to fit. I just picked up the 9594807 DTS wheel today that came with a 145/70R17 Goodyear tire and it doesn’t fit the trunk… Unless I air at all the way down.

I could either return the tire and wheel and get my $35 back or pick up a new 225 from tire rack and mount that
The one I have has the 125/70/17 and you have to give it a good squeeze to get it seated all the way down to fit Bose woofer and crank spinner nut down a bit

kqian111

I'm back to report success! The wheel fits on the car and in the well. There is lot's of room in the well when you remove the foam insert - you just need to make your own padding so things don't rattle around. The Jack/wrench works and is the correct size. Even adding all that, there is still room for the 12 volt inflator and the bottle of Continental branded Slime. It appears to me there is plenty of clearance for the calipers in both dimensions. I stuck my phone underneath and took a shot to illustrate the clearance.

My photo in the post above shows what I picked up at M&M Auto Service and Salvage, a wrecking yard in Ruckersville, Virginia.

Photos below should be pretty much self explanatory.

Jack handle/wrench
View attachment 17415

Numbers on the Jack handle/wrench
View attachment 17416

The Jack
View attachment 17417

The numbers on the jack
View attachment 17418

The jacking point is indicated by the cutout area in the pinch weld
View attachment 17419

The jack in position to be raised
View attachment 17420

Spare in place on the right rear
View attachment 17421

Clearance to caliper as seen through the wheel
View attachment 17422

Clearance with caliper as seen from behind the wheel
View attachment 17423
Curious if the lug wrench you have pictured is strong enough to take off the lugs on the wheel? They seem smaller/shorter than a normal tire iron. are you able to tighten to the recommended torque?

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Actually, the owner's manual has a very detailed procedure for jacking the car and changing to the spare. Strangely, it did not provide the proper tightening torque for the OEM wheels, but google tells me it is 110 Lb-ft.
just for clarification to other members, wheel nut torque is 100 ft-lbs. Page 347 of the TourX manual.

kqian111

I'm back to report success! The wheel fits on the car and in the well. There is lot's of room in the well when you remove the foam insert - you just need to make your own padding so things don't rattle around. The Jack/wrench works and is the correct size. Even adding all that, there is still room for the 12 volt inflator and the bottle of Continental branded Slime. It appears to me there is plenty of clearance for the calipers in both dimensions. I stuck my phone underneath and took a shot to illustrate the clearance.

My photo in the post above shows what I picked up at M&M Auto Service and Salvage, a wrecking yard in Ruckersville, Virginia.

Photos below should be pretty much self explanatory.

Jack handle/wrench
View attachment 17415

Numbers on the Jack handle/wrench
View attachment 17416

The Jack
View attachment 17417

The numbers on the jack
View attachment 17418

The jacking point is indicated by the cutout area in the pinch weld
View attachment 17419

The jack in position to be raised
View attachment 17420

Spare in place on the right rear
View attachment 17421

Clearance to caliper as seen through the wheel
View attachment 17422

Clearance with caliper as seen from behind the wheel
View attachment 17423
ECM, following on my question. Do you need a separate tire iron to tighten the lugs on the wheels or is the pictured wrench enough for the job? Looks like it'll serve double duty for the jack and the lugs.

ECM56

Falls Church, Virginia
Buick Ownership
2018.5 (White needle) TourX Essence DC1 DC2 S&S Pano
ECM, following on my question. Do you need a separate tire iron to tighten the lugs on the wheels or is the pictured wrench enough for the job? Looks like it'll serve double duty for the jack and the lugs.
It worked for me. I used it to loosen the regular wheel/tire, raise the car using the jack, and tighten the lugs on the spare. It would be nice to have a larger wrench but the folding one will suffice.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
I picked up a 9594807 GM wheel from a '06 DTS that came with a 145/70r17 tire for $35. Fully aired up it will not fit the well.

After slogging through the mud for a couple hours at a junkyard, I have come to the realization that a 120/70r17 spare tire is a rare beast. Congratulations to those who found one! I will keep it in the back of my mind when traveling to see if I can find one.

I am going to deflate it and use the compressor on the rare occasion that I have a flat. I tested it tonight to verify it would work. As long as the beads stay seated it will work fine.

I picked up the jack from Harbor Freight and a 18" breaker bar for a total of $30 using coupons. I already had an extra 19mm socket in the garage. It all fits with the Bose sub, Glock entrenching tool, Li-Ion jump pack and factory compressor with goop.
IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0981.jpeg

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
As long as the beads stay seated it will work fine.

If you are worrying about the bead staying seated... once the tire is in the well, put a little air back in the tire (10-15 psi) to hold it in place.

I also got my spare from an 06 DTS but it was the smaller size. When I rolled the spare up to the other tires, it is significantly smaller. If I were to do it again, I would go with your sized tire.

A week ago, I got 2 flats (different tires and @ different times). 1 was repairable and the other I didn't bother bringing it in since the hole was on the shoulder tread. Used a plug from a plug kit I bought on Amazon and it's holding air. Fortunately both times I did not have to use the spare.

pigeonhold

Buick Ownership
I went to a salvage yard and found a 2007 Buick Lucerne with the posted-recommended T125/70R17 size. I paid $12. Thanks for the advice from everyone. I'm going to use the advice to make it fit in the wheel well with the speaker.
Update with pics. Got the foam pad out of the 2007 Buick Lucerne and everything fits pretty easily.

Attachments

Pedal Commander