• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Space Saver Spare Tire Size TourX Essence

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I've never seen tire companies recommend such a thing. If you guys have a link handy, please do share it.
A couple of links:

From Michelin: Mixing Tires | Using Different Tires | Michelin US

When replacing two new tires instead of four, be sure that your new tires are the same size and tire type as your current tires, and that your dealer always installs the new tires on the rear axle of your vehicle.
From Tire Rack: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=52

When tires are replaced in pairs...the new tires should always be installed on the rear axle and the partially worn tires moved to the front.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
That Michelin clip is pretty deceptive. In the preferred arrangement he was just driving and when it started to loose grip she told him to lift off the throttle a little. But in the second clip she tells him to drive hard then full braking, even when she told him to countersteer you could see the wheels locked and sliding. These are completely different approaches and they should have done both tests in both vehicles to be valid.

Also as a side note they must have disabled ABS.

Ultimately regardless of where you put them new, if you follow their recommendations they will be on the other axle sooner than they could wear to the same level. So if weather conditions such don't be an ass and overdrive your tires.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I don't think it could be applied to our discussion with the space saving spare, where you have half of the normal tire on one side of the axle for steering and breaking...
Anyway, let's see, if our space saver even clears the calipers on the front.I think it would.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I've never seen tire companies recommend such a thing. If you guys have a link handy, please do share it.
For a normal driving conditions with front wheel drive vehicle would be really hard to lose traction to the rear( you have to really go for it).But if you have doughnut on the front and have an emergency situation where you are breaking hard to avoid an accident, your car would lose traction on one side at no time. Also, car most likely would pull to one side while you driving normally, with the doughnut on the front.
https://www.discounttire.com/learn/replacing-2tires

Discount tires says that too

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I don't think it could be applied to our discussion with the space saving spare, where you have half of the normal tire on one side of the axle for steering and breaking...
Anyway, let's see, if our space saver even clears the calipers on the front.I think it would.
Can not say for sure..... but they say it just will not clear the front bigger brakes on GS Regals.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
But, I'm not replacing two tires, Im putting compact spare. Am I reading it wrong?
My comments were about the general advice as to which axle the grippier tires should be on.

For using a spare, since it's very temporary and you should be driving extra carefully on it, it can just replace whichever one is flat, assuming it doesn't have any interference. As long as the car was built to accommodate a spare, you won't have to worry about drivetrain issues due to the size difference for a short period of time.

G-972456

The spare tire the oem part number is 84095141 for the 17X4 inch wheel. Tire rack sell the tire for around$60. A spare from a 2006Buick Lucerne or a Cadillac DTS 2006-2011 125/70/17 fits with room for a jack and tools.
The OEM jack part number is 23455285 $34.02 from Tasca parts (as of 9/16/18)
Just got an old Caddy DTS doughnut, $95 on E-Bay. Verified the lug pattern w/my dealer.
Thanks for your help!

advtrmom

Buick Ownership
tourx
Here are part numbers from an old post. If anyone is interested in a spare tire the oem part number is 84095141 for the 17X4 inch wheel. Tire rack sell the tire for around$60. A spare from a 2006Buick Lucerne or a Cadillac DTS 2006-2011 125/70/17 fits with room for a jack and tools.

GM Genuine Spare Parts (gmpartscenter.net) says part # 84095141 will not fit a 2019 TourX Essence. Is that true?

advtrmom

Buick Ownership
tourx
So new owner here (2 days old) and in the sale I negotiated that they provide me a spare ..like the above posts (even printed out one of the postings)

They are reluctant to order one as there are NONE per the factory for this vehicle. However they will reimburse me for any cost if I go ahead and order it.. Liability for ordering me parts not for my car. No big deal I can order them and they will reimburse

So guys what are the exact parts I should order and have them order.

Example - they can order the jack and tool kit, just want to make sure they order the one that will fit in the wheel well.

I plan on ordering this wheel: $93.00

Spare Wheel - GM (84095141) | GMPartsDirect.com

this Tire $120

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=CST+17&partnum=27MR7CST17&GCID=C13674x012-tire&KEYWORD=tires.jsp_Continental_CST_17_Tire&code=yes&ef_id=CjwKCAjwmZbpBRAGEiwADrmVXpqIESFs1tCzzeFMhUgqM6YcpHw2gJpQL3bOkIr1vL7U6cVmq0GVMxoCOjkQAvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!3756!3!72322431853!!!g!99873040333!&gclid=CjwKCAjwmZbpBRAGEiwADrmVXpqIESFs1tCzzeFMhUgqM6YcpHw2gJpQL3bOkIr1vL7U6cVmq0GVMxoCOjkQAvD_BwE

I think they are already ordering me tool kit and jack but if not.

This Jack $33
Jack - GM (23455285) | GMPartsDirect.com

thanks in advance.

and some tool kit? anybody have a link to the right one to fit?
View attachment 18208

advtrmom

Buick Ownership
tourx
Took screenshot below - GMPartsDirect says it does not fit 2019 TourX: Is this true? On the list of compatible vehicles, it shows 2018 TourX, but not 2019.
1568135750024.png

Last edited:

Ndoggct

Buick Ownership
Looking into buying regal
Can anyone verify what my cheapest spare tire option would be to fit my fathers 18 regal sportback was with Bose
So far I’m seeing Cadillac DTS,older le Sabre or lacrosse and Chevy Impala spare as optikns
Am I correct on this?
Thanks greatly

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Can anyone verify what my cheapest spare tire option would be to fit my fathers 18 regal sportback was with Bose
So far I’m seeing Cadillac DTS,older le Sabre or lacrosse and Chevy Impala spare as optikns
Am I correct on this?
Thanks greatly

'Cheapest' would be to buy used parts and price will depend on your local salvage yard.

I picked up a 2006 DTS temporary spare and jack for $60 (TourX). I had an extendable lug wrench already.

Ndoggct

Buick Ownership
'Cheapest' would be to buy used parts and price will depend on your local salvage yard.

I picked up a 2006 DTS temporary spare and jack for $60 (TourX). I had an extendable lug wrench already.
My worry is that the tour x trunk is different than sportback with Bose?
Can you verify it’s the same? Thank you greatly

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I do believe the Tourx has a smaller spare tire well than the Sportback. It may just be the difference between FWD and AWD. If you look at my pictures above from the FWD rental Sportback, it has a rounded spare tire well where the Tourx has a support beam running side to side at the front of the spare tire well that makes it shorter front to back.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Is this on a sportback or tour x?
Have you actually tried it on the front while driving?
Thanks greatly
This is a tourX. I'm believer that compact spare should only go to the rear. I know it fits the rear wheels. I'm afraid it is not going to clear the front caliper.

Ndoggct

Buick Ownership
Can someone confirm that a 16” dts setup will also work or does it have to be the 17x4
Most of the spares I am seeing for sale are 125/70/16

Pedal Commander