• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

The Ultimate Buick Regal Is Discontinued Discussion

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Have you guys seen one of Buick's latest campaigns?

"S (YOU) V" - they're all in on the "no cars" thing.

Given that Buick and GMC are hitched up in dealerships a very high percent of the time this makes Buick pretty redundant.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Have you guys seen one of Buick's latest campaigns?

"S (YOU) V" - they're all in on the "no cars" thing.

Given that Buick and GMC are hitched up in dealerships a very high percent of the time this makes Buick pretty redundant.
GM kept Buick basically because of the numbers in China. Sigh...

gobluetwo

A Regular
IL
Buick Ownership
none
Interestingly, last week at dealer for oil change, NYS inspection, the seasoned service manager said he thought the TourX was going to keep being offered, because Buick considers it a CUV. We really didn't get into specifics, I was just answering his question how I liked the TourX, and said I really like it, but am disappointed it was to be discontinued. I hope he's right it'll keep going, but I doubt it.

I'd disagree with the service manager just because the TourX is an Opel product and it's just too costly to GM to extend the Transition Services Agreement on a niche, low-volume vehicle.

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Why would they want to continue a model that has to be sold at huge discounts?

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
I'd disagree with the service manager just because the TourX is an Opel product and it's just too costly to GM to extend the Transition Services Agreement on a niche, low-volume vehicle.
If it mattered to me what he thought, and said, I would've

BennoB66

South Australia
Buick Ownership
Holden Calais V Tourer V6
When GM announced the Australian version of the Buick Regal would not be sold any more (this is the ZB Commodore) they assured the public that they would offer 10 years of parts and servicing. This was in Feb.

Leaked documents show this has been cut to 5 now. It seems GM are keen to drop it. I hope they don't do the 5 years with the Regal.

Here is the info

Last edited:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
And Buick even dare to put this on the website.
"A DIGNIFIED FUTURE

The Buick Regal raised the bar for adaptability — and that Buick ideology lives on in vehicles like the Encore GX and Enclave, which mold themselves to fit your lifestyle. Reach out to your local dealer to find a vehicle that is designed with you in mind, today."

It does not live on in land whales like those. They do not mold themselves to fit our lifestyles (more like they mold us into their bloated bodies). The local dealer does not have a single non-SUV designed with us in mind today.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
"A DIGNIFIED FUTURE

The Buick Regal raised the bar for adaptability — and that Buick ideology lives on in vehicles like the Encore GX and Enclave, which mold themselves to fit your lifestyle. Reach out to your local dealer to find a vehicle that is designed with you in mind, today."

It does not live on in land whales like those. They do not mold themselves to fit our lifestyles (more like they mold us into their bloated bodies). The local dealer does not have a single non-SUV designed with us in mind today.
Yup...

My prediction is by 2023 there will be no "cars" sold by GM that aren't the Corvette. (Edit: Oops I forgot Cadillac, but then so did everybody else...)

FYI the reviews of the new Lexus IS are indicating that all they really changed was the infotainment interface and a few of the safety features. Otherwise same engines, same transmissions... Same cake, different frosting.

Even Toyota won't actually spend real money on sedan development.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Yup...

My prediction is by 2023 there will be no "cars" sold by GM that aren't the Corvette. (Edit: Oops I forgot Cadillac, but then so did everybody else...)

FYI the reviews of the new Lexus IS are indicating that all they really changed was the infotainment interface and a few of the safety features. Otherwise same engines, same transmissions... Same cake, different frosting.

Even Toyota won't actually spend real money on sedan development.
Meanwhile, Kia just came out with the new K5.

Of course, the vehicle development should have started a few years ago. But that is in contrast to what Toyota did to the IS.
On the other hand, a small company like Subaru is still churning out the newly redesigned Legacy, which is like a dark horse in the segment to begin with.

ready2fly

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
"A DIGNIFIED FUTURE

They should've kept Regal through its redesign. They could import them from China just like they do with the Envision. It would've been a hot sell just based on it being an affordable luxury liftback (I know Chinese version is a sedan), but most people get shocked when I open my trunk. "Wait, what car is this? A Buick? Wow, it has a huge trunk". I hear this so often when I go to a car wash or load my groceries.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
They should've kept Regal through its redesign. They could import them from China just like they do with the Envision. It would've been a hot sell just based on it being an affordable luxury liftback (I know Chinese version is a sedan), but most people get shocked when I open my trunk. "Wait, what car is this? A Buick? Wow, it has a huge trunk". I hear this so often when I go to a car wash or load my groceries.
not to poop in the cheerios, but sedans haven’t been a hot sell in years. The sheer amount of SUV sales tells the industry what the american consumer wants to buy. Given the millions and millions of dollars required for vehicle development costs, the ROI just ain’t there. Unfortunately, sedan extinction is now spreading to Europe, where SUV’s have been outselling sedans for the last few years. This could be bad for wagons which traditionally are based on sedan platforms (given how much of the wagon in front of the C-pillar is shared). I almost refuse to believe the EU will stop buying wagons given their decades of good sales. However I also never imagined a time when Ford and GM brands like Buick would stop producing sedans. The TourX may be the last wagon I actually own - which makes me shudder a little.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!