TourX Roof Rack

NewTourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Oh man JohnMC2010 I went though that exact sequence of events a few weeks ago, right down to the failed trip to REI lol. The Thule customer service people were nice but just didn't seem interested at all in supporting this system in the US. They directed me to the exact same UK site as you. Maybe more of us should call and beg them and they will do something about it.

In the end instead of going through the hassle and additional expense of international shipping I went ahead and ordered the OEM roof rack from my dealer. You can negotiate it down to around $250 at least, or just find a costco affiliated dealer if you are a costco member. It was delivered about 3 business days later. The racks are tall and kind of silly looking, but they fit perfectly and are good quality, and I am pretty certain they are actually while-labeled Thule parts anyways. They come with key-cores and keys already installed, which actually makes it a pretty good deal.

I'll see if I can get some photos later with the OEM racks installed.

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred
Oh man JohnMC2010 I went though that exact sequence of events a few weeks ago, right down to the failed trip to REI lol. The Thule customer service people were nice but just didn't seem interested at all in supporting this system in the US. They directed me to the exact same UK site as you. Maybe more of us should call and beg them and they will do something about it.

In the end instead of going through the hassle and additional expense of international shipping I went ahead and ordered the OEM roof rack from my dealer. You can negotiate it down to around $250 at least, or just find a costco affiliated dealer if you are a costco member. It was delivered about 3 business days later. The racks are tall and kind of silly looking, but they fit perfectly and are good quality, and I am pretty certain they are actually while-labeled Thule parts anyways. They come with key-cores and keys already installed, which actually makes it a pretty good deal.

I'll see if I can get some photos later with the OEM racks installed.
Yeah, I'm curious to see how the OEM crossbars look if you get the chance to send along some pics.

I just got the international shipping confirmation for my Thule bars, and i'm hoping to get them by 7/2. I'm eager to show everyone how they work!

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Update: I received the roof rack from Thule, and they fit great!

I hauled my bike and my girlfriend's bike various times over the holiday week, and it worked out well.
Would you be able to post a couple pics of how it looks on the car? Just curious...

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

I hauled my bike and my girlfriend's bike various times over the holiday week, and it worked out well.
Thanks for figuring this out. I went way down a rabbit hole. Thule US told me that they can't guarantee the UK racks would work, but it sounds like you had no issues.

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX

I tried sending you a PM, but I guess I don't have access to that feature?

Was curious to see what kind of clearance these give. I'd rather go this route than the 'Buick Bars' but I'm a little worried about clearance with the antenna and my roof box...

If you see this let me know! :)

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred
Sorry fellas, apparently I didn't get any notifications that you posted in this thread. I'll take some pics when i get home with my bike on the rack too. I have no issues with clearance to the roof, but i do not have the panaramic roof, so that may be a consideration!

I'll also try to get some clearance measurements.
Cheers!

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Thanks! I ended up ordering the same kit you did... and I have the panoramic roof so we shall see how it goes!

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I wouldn't think that the panoramic roof makes much of a difference... Do you have any idea how much it stands roud from the bare roof when it's opened? Or does it at all?
I doubt it'll be an issue. I'll check tonight to see what the protrusion is, but I can't imagine it pops out high enough to hit anything. To me, it didn't seem like it warranted needing the super tall Buick branded cross bars.

I should have the kit by this weekend, so I will also update with some pics for others' future reference.

IL
Buick Ownership
none
I doubt it'll be an issue. I'll check tonight to see what the protrusion is, but I can't imagine it pops out high enough to hit anything. To me, it didn't seem like it warranted needing the super tall Buick branded cross bars.

I should have the kit by this weekend, so I will also update with some pics for others' future reference.
Try to have someone else open the roof. I don't know how it works on the new Regals, but you'll want to note how high it pops up when it opens, e.g., is it opening at an angle before leveling out and sliding back? Does it just pop straight up? Does it go up higher before leveling out lower?

It might sit lower when fully opened then when it is just opening or closing. And then you'll also need to know approximately where and if the cross bars might interfere.

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Quick update: Received my cross bar package from Europe. Everything fits great! I did a little testing with the sunroof and it clears no issue, even with my Thule Motion XT box attached.

There *could* be a clearance issue if you had the front cross bar right above where the sunroof reaches its highest pop-up point. The clearance looked very close when I eyeballed it.

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Hi all,

I'm buying a TourX this summer, to replace our old Outback...

We're going to need a roof rack, and soon.

I've seen the accessories on Buick's website, but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually order them.

I can use Thule's European sites to look at options for the un-rebadged Opel.

Other ideas?
just posted this, you can use available Thule foot packs and load bars, and buy the fit kit #4012 abroad
Tourx compatible Thule racks

Stvz Carz

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Bought the Thule Wingbar kit from Europe and it fits and looks great! Everything clears with no problem with the roof opening or moving. Love the lower profile bars and minimal wind noise. Only had the TourX for 2 weeks and carried a couple 28' extension ladders with it a week ago. Worked great. Loving the lower roofline.

dbillett

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I bought the Thule kit from England too - thanks for the tip. It's probably the most secure of all the roof rack rail solutions I've used. I'll post photos when the bikes are loaded. Now what to do with my Buick-branded roof rails?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.