• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TSB 19-NA-100 Radio Software Version 22.8 and TSB 19-NA-249 Favorites Grayed Out- Nov 4, 2019

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
Yeah specially when considering I get live weather and traffic for free in my Regal. :happydanc

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
About 30 mph slower in stock trim, per various road tests.
Usually it's because of the speed rating of the tires. If that's the case then it's not true.

SlickMick

Buick Ownership
TourX
Is there a way to upgrade via USB without the dealership? An official link would be much appreciated.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
How? The 2014 Regal has the Bosch radio, right?
I have the Bose audio system but I have no idea why the weather and traffic features are still free after 5 years of owning my car. I never paid for a subscription to satellite radio or the OnStar service so maybe it's a lifetime deal GM included with my car.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Is there a way to upgrade via USB without the dealership? An official link would be much appreciated.
Not that I know of, you will have to bring it to a GM dealer.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
So red needle cars can do 170+mph? Wow. I may have been over 140 a couple times to find out.;)
Not sure about white needled cars, but I may have been close to 162...minus 2 or 3 mph for speed rated tires.
Was afraid to try for more, even though it acted like it could do a little more.
But on a slower note ..got track for rolling gate done today..used vehicles to block off till setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20191111_155913824_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191111_155913824_HDR.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Tires should be able to exceed speed rating with no issues for short durations...

Below is from: https://www.lesschwab.com/article/tire-speed-rating-and-why-it-matters.html :

How are Speed Ratings Determined?
Tire manufacturers determine a tire’s capacity for heat and speed using a testing machine. Usually testing is done to meet ECE (Economic Commission for Europe) standards, so the scale is based on kilometers per hour (km/h). A more rigorous test is sometimes done to meet SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) standards.

1. For the ECE test, the tire is properly inflated and mounted on a wheel attached to a testing machine in a room that’s heated to 77 degrees F.
  2. The tire is pressed against a metal drum with enough pressure to simulate a realistic load.
  3. Starting at a speed 40 km/h lower than the proposed rating level, the tire is spun for 10-minute increments at higher and higher speeds, until it reaches the target speed.
  4. The tire spins for 10 minutes at the target speed.
  5. It’s then removed from the machine and inspected for any failures, like separation of tread components. If it’s intact, it passes the speed rating.
  6. Sometimes an SUS (step-up speed) test will be added after the tire performs at the target speed rating. Speed is increased until the tire fails.
  7. If the tire is being tested at the SAE standard, it’s required to run for an hour at target speed in a room heated to 100 degrees.
*Any repairs to a tire nullifies speed rating.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I have the Bose audio system but I have no idea why the weather and traffic features are still free after 5 years of owning my car. I never paid for a subscription to satellite radio or the OnStar service so maybe it's a lifetime deal GM included with my car.
That must be nice. :headbang:

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Did anyone get the update, and find that the blank speed limit icon in the DIC is fixed and displays a value?

StigMX5

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I haven’t been able to pull this update OTA yet. Anyone else successfully pull it down?

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
TSB 19-NA-100 Radio Software Version 22.8 Over-the-Air Update - Nov 4, 2019
Thanks so much for posting this info. It sounds like this update should resolve some of my larger annoyances with the infotainment/radio.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X

I've had this "Grayed-out" problem for months and months. Just got my software updated to 22.9 and it did NOT fix the problem. I have a great dealer Service Dept and they must be tired of me complaining about me losing my presets. Well with the 22.9 software update not fixing the problem, I told the service dept that the next time I bring it in, they should phone the Buick Tech Line to fix it.

Since the 22.9 upgrade, the problem is worse than before the upgrade, losing presets between three times a day to at best, every other day.

Now I decided to try something different before I take car back in.

Went to Settings.
Then to Systems.
Then to Favorites.
Then to Audio.
Then I DELETED all my audio favorites.
Then went back to my audio screen, and not only were all my presets gone, (which I wanted) but also no Grayed out areas. Screen looked like when it came from factory, ready to enter presets.
I then entered all the 15 presets I wanted. Ten SXM, two AM and three FM (two of the FM have HD).

Went back into Settings, Systems and Favorites but this time, I set the number of favorites shown to 15 from my previous 20 or 25.

The display in the DIS between the tach and speedo was not correct, but on the next start up, it booted up correct.

It's been three days now and so far, all is operating corrrctly. (KNOCK ON WOOD). Will see how long it lasts. If it continues working good, I'm not going to do TSB for the Fish Eye Camera as I can live with the camera as it is.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I've had this "Grayed-out" problem for months and months. Just got my software updated to 22.9 and it did NOT fix the problem. I have a great dealer Service Dept and they must be tired of me complaining about me losing my presets. Well with the 22.9 software update not fixing the problem, I told the service dept that the next time I bring it in, they should phone the Buick Tech Line to fix it.

Since the 22.9 upgrade, the problem is worse than before the upgrade, losing presets between three times a day to at best, every other day.

Now I decided to try something different before I take car back in.

Went to Settings.
Then to Systems.
Then to Favorites.
Then to Audio.
Then I DELETED all my audio favorites.
Then went back to my audio screen, and not only were all my presets gone, (which I wanted) but also no Grayed out areas. Screen looked like when it came from factory, ready to enter presets.
I then entered all the 15 presets I wanted. Ten SXM, two AM and three FM (two of the FM have HD).

Went back into Settings, Systems and Favorites but this time, I set the number of favorites shown to 15 from my previous 20 or 25.

The display in the DIS between the tach and speedo was not correct, but on the next start up, it booted up correct.

It's been three days now and so far, all is operating corrrctly. (KNOCK ON WOOD). Will see how long it lasts. If it continues working good, I'm not going to do TSB for the Fish Eye Camera as I can live with the camera as it is.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
I heard that after updating to 22.9, the user have to save the favorites one more time and it should stay.
Looks like that is the case for you so far?

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I heard that after updating to 22.9, the user have to save the favorites one more time and it should stay.
Looks like that is the case for you so far?
After the update, I did re-enter the missing favorites a few times but still lost them at a later time. That is why I decided to start from scratch. Hope that is the answer.

I had all the SXM stations and the AM/FM frequencies listed on a seperate piece of paper, so I did not have to "remember" what stations needed to be reprogrammed.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners