What did you do to your Regal today?

Thread starter #41

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now
On my usual commute this AM, I found the road ahead blocked by a garbage truck. So I U-turned, zipped back out to the main avenue, caught a green at the South Claiborne intersection, then U-turned and came back (Da Swamp does not grok the concept of the left turn lane/light). Instead of waiting to turn right at the Claiborne light, however, I shot to the right through an empty bank lot and out onto the main avenue. Made it to my southerly turn toward the river in no time at all.

And all of what I've described was without a stop, just zip, zip, flick the wheel, zip. If the Regal had been a hunting dog, it would have enjoyed the chance to run as much as I did.
The Regal sounds quite ---- zippy... :p

First pic is the original. Second is after I blacked out the Chrome and debadged it a little while ago. Third is my project from today. I plasti dipped the wheels.

View attachment 9450
Looks great! Nice work. What size wheels are they? They look big...

Thread starter #43

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
Buick Ownership
None right now
My third track day at Autobahn Country Club... first with the Limited Slip Diff I installed a month or so ago. That LSD made a huge difference on the track. I could really feel it grab and pull the car out of the turns where before I would just light up the inside tire. Had a blast. This car is fun on a road course. Still running the stock RSAs... some better tires are in the works soon.

One of my better laps right after I waved by a newer Camaro SS, the only car I had to wave by in any of my three sessions.

https://youtu.be/y3wps6b0Xgk
That was awesome, you kept up pretty well with that Camaro!

Thanks for the compliment. As for the wheels they're actually the stock 18". Just plasti dipped black.
They look great. All I would do now is some tint. I'm kind of a tint fanatic, though. :p

zanethan

Charlotte
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS and 1992 Roadmaster Estate (Panthermobile)
I didn't do it, but a nice thoughtful lady ran a red light and into my Regal.

Attachments

Trekhawk

Lawrence, Kansas
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal Turbo Premium 1
They look great. All I would do now is some tint. I'm kind of a tint fanatic, though. :p
The first pic is no tint the 2nd and 3rd have 35 all the way around. 35 is legal in Kansas. However most shops will do 20 for a cash transaction. Not to mention most cars from the dealer come with 20. I just chose to stay legal this time around.

Thread starter #47

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
Buick Ownership
None right now
The first pic is no tint the 2nd and 3rd have 35 all the way around. 35 is legal in Kansas. However most shops will do 20 for a cash transaction. Not to mention most cars from the dealer come with 20. I just chose to stay legal this time around.
Actually, those second two pictures look perfect then. I just noticed the top picture without tint and assumed there was some kind of glare on the bottom two. :p

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS & 2015 Camaro SS
Lets bring this thread back to life !!

I had my GS detailed today. Couldn't pass it up for only $55 o_O
Paint still looks great after almost 5 years (in the Florida sun)

20190112_114501.jpg 20190112_114420.jpg

Maryland
Buick Ownership
16' Buick Regal GS "Ebony Metallic" & 17' BMW M3 F80
Went to lowes and picked up a brand new toilet and put in the back seat. (Tight squeeze) I must say... especially around the rear door and top head liner
20170722_114136.jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.