• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What did you do to your Regal today?

seafarer61

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
Switched the 19-inch Axis FL01 matte graphite 19's to a set of KMC Spin Bronze 20's wrapped with Firestone Indy 500 255/35/20's. The offset of the KMC's is slightly lower (in number) than the OEM 20's but they tucked in nicely. The RS-A's didn't have enough tread on 'em (18K OEMs) to handle a south Florida summer of daily, 4 pm torrentials so off they went. Unfortunately, the socket I intended to use with the bronze lugs was too thick for the KMC wheels so I had to use the nickel set of spline Gorillas which ship with all Tire Rack orders. I'll resolve that with matching lugs soon enough but strangely enough, the wife thinks the lugs match the rotors so there ya go. :oops:

Attachments

Last edited:

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo (T03) - 6 sp manual & 2013 Verano Turbo
Unfortunately, went to the collision shop for an estimate. Someone backed into the front bumper and two weeks later a box flew out of a pickup and hit the hood, shattered right side mirror, and scratched the right side passenger door. All minor cosmetic damage but, man, it adds up quickly. $$$

Love my Regal, so a little facelift in a few weeks to refresh and fix the scars.

Super LaX

Columbus, NJ
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS
Switched the 19-inch Axis FL01 matte graphite 19's to a set of KMC Spin Bronze 20's wrapped with Firestone Indy 500 255/35/20's.....
Put some miles on the Firestones and report back. They were on my short list of replacement tires when the PZeros wore out. There was a killer deal on the discontinued Conti Extreme Contact DW that I couldn't pass up (plus 340 treadwear is nice too).

I think the bronze rim compliments that color nicely.

seafarer61

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
^ Chuck, for me, wet weather performance is paramount to a tire, living here in south Florida. The Indy 500's in the dry are quite exceptional but their wet weather ratings and resistance to hydroplaning is what sold me. To be honest, I didn't really give the TR ratings much attention, I simply went to youtube and watched about eight different videos from owners. That's what sold me on 'em. It doesn't hurt that they look fantastic as well. A departure from the usual straight-line four groove jobbers.

XtraPerformance

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
I had the Indy 500's on my Regal this past summer and they were exceptional. For what rain we did have they did performance very well in those conditions (they are highly rated in wet conditions). I was initially going to go for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S' but the price on the Indy 500's was too good to pass up for the great dry and wet performance they offer.

They are much nicer tires than the all season RSA's that came with the car.

seafarer61

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
Laid down some "Bead Maker" paint protectant and let it set under the 81-degree temperatures we enjoyed Monday and Tuesday. Afterwards, I tossed a micro fiber towel on the hood and it slid off and hit the ground like Hans Gruber. :p Love this stuff.

Last edited:

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
Laid down some "Bead Maker" paint protectant and let it set under the 81-degree temperatures we enjoyed Monday and Tuesday. Afterwards, I tossed a micro fiber towel on the hood and it slid off and hit the ground like Hans Gruber. :p Love this stuff.
View attachment 13849
I like those wheels 10 times better than the 5 spokes you had before. Multi spoke wheels look so much better on the Regal. The tread design on those tires is pretty wild looking indeed. It's amazing how far tire tech has advanced lately.

I just had some Cooper RS3-G1 tires installed recently and they have a cool looking tread design also. They have fantastic dry/wet and snow traction for an UHP all season tire.

I loaded a new updated Trifecta tune yesterday and it's a big improvement over the last tune I was running. The power comes on sooner in the RPM range and the throttle response is so much better, without being over sensitive to throttle input. At WOT the shifts are quick & firm now, and the motor is back on the throttle with authority after each shift.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
I put those lights on my father's day list.

jpm1172

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Switched the 19-inch Axis FL01 matte graphite 19's to a set of KMC Spin Bronze 20's wrapped with Firestone Indy 500 255/35/20's. The offset of the KMC's is slightly lower (in number) than the OEM 20's but they tucked in nicely. The RS-A's didn't have enough tread on 'em (18K OEMs) to handle a south Florida summer of daily, 4 pm torrentials so off they went. Unfortunately, the socket I intended to use with the bronze lugs was too thick for the KMC wheels so I had to use the nickel set of spline Gorillas which ship with all Tire Rack orders. I'll resolve that with matching lugs soon enough but strangely enough, the wife thinks the lugs match the rotors so there ya go. :oops:
How did you black out your chrome? Nice car👍🏽

jpm1172

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
I’ve put more time and money into my GS this week than I have in the last 6 years. Ordered a rack of parts for my 145000 mile road warrior. Also having the 20’s dipped and redone OPC style. Rocking these new to me 18’s while that’s being done, and lastly, wrinkle painting a spare valve cover to swap during the timing chain job. Happy once all these parts are in the car so I can put another 145,000 miles on her. Particularly excited about the ZZP trans mounts.

Attachments

nlacomb

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Glad you like them! Just an FYI...... the lens can be adjusted by turning the slot. I have my shields facing down. My preference.
What slot are you referring to? I tried twisting the lens but it seems pretty steady in there...don’t want to break anything. I was not super pleased with the positioning as well.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
That sucks, sorry to hear that. Were you driving normally or did you have the pedal to the metal when it blew up?

Pedal Commander