• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
I've had the springs for about a month now. Ride is slightly firmer, but more European now. I do notice that there has been a couple of times the front shocks have hit the bump stops on larger hits. Not sure if the stops should be shortened a bit. The car looks really good at the current ride height and overall I'm very happy. The sidewalls of the Conti's are super soft as well. I'm running my stock tires at 38 lbs. The suspension is much happier now. I think the sidwall flex was almost bouncing the car more with the soft springs. Once I ran the higher pressures the car smoothed out. Food for thought.
More info please. Did you do the install yourself or hire it out? How long did it take? Or how many labor hours? Could we see a pic? I've seen RoRi's w/out cladding and larger wheels...curious what lowering only looks like. Thanks!

afishertx

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
View attachment 16087

Opel grill is in with working ACC.

ACC owners will have to order Opel bracket 39079563. It moves the radar module down below the emblem.

The plastic absorber behind the bumber cover needs to be trimmed a little for the Opel bracket.

View attachment 16088

I trimmed the passenger side first; it was way more than needed to be taken out. The drivers side accurately shows how much needs to be removed.
I just ordered the grill, emblem, and all the trim parts from Blitzparts. How difficult is it to swap out the grill? Does the entire bumper cover have to be removed? Is it something a body shop should do? Mine is non-ACC.

Thanks!

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
I had a body shop do mine; about 45 minutes and $150. I don't know if the entire front end has to be removed or just loosened a bit, but the new grille (which snaps in from the back side) can't be installed without 'making a bit of space' behind the grille assy. You can pop-off the plastic cover plate between the grille and the radiator and see for yourself the issues involved at both ends of the actual grille.

BattleHam

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
View attachment 16087

Opel grill is in with working ACC.

ACC owners will have to order Opel bracket 39079563. It moves the radar module down below the emblem.

The plastic absorber behind the bumber cover needs to be trimmed a little for the Opel bracket.

View attachment 16088

I trimmed the passenger side first; it was way more than needed to be taken out. The drivers side accurately shows how much needs to be removed.
@RoRi can you DM me (I don't have DM privileges yet) so I can ask you a question about getting the bracket to fit?

Thanks, man!

afishertx

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I had a body shop do mine; about 45 minutes and $150. I don't know if the entire front end has to be removed or just loosened a bit, but the new grille (which snaps in from the back side) can't be installed without 'making a bit of space' behind the grille assy. You can pop-off the plastic cover plate between the grille and the radiator and see for yourself the issues involved at both ends of the actual grille.
I just got my grill, the local body shop I've used before refused to do it saying that the entire bumper cover has to come off and to do that they would have to disable the active hood pedestrian safety system. They didn't want that liability. So either I need to find another shop that can do it without removing the entire cover, or try to attempt it myself. Has anyone done it themselves and can give general instructions on how to do it?

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
I just got my grill, the local body shop I've used before refused to do it saying that the entire bumper cover has to come off and to do that they would have to disable the active hood pedestrian safety system.
First thought would be to try a different body shop.

What they are implying is that they can not repair the front end of the car for any reason. Disconnecting/disabling things, repairing/replacing things & then re-connecting/re-enabling things is part & parcel of their profession. Maybe some other forum members can chime it on this, but replacing the grille isn't meant to be that big of a problem, even if it does require the front end to be removed (and again, 45 minutes at the body shop suggests that it only takes about 20 minutes with the right tools & the right knowledge to get at it).

Good hunting & keep us posted.

GranSport2019

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS - NAIAS Display Vehicle
I just got my grill, the local body shop I've used before refused to do it saying that the entire bumper cover has to come off and to do that they would have to disable the active hood pedestrian safety system. They didn't want that liability. So either I need to find another shop that can do it without removing the entire cover, or try to attempt it myself. Has anyone done it themselves and can give general instructions on how to do it?
Had my grille swapped out over a month ago and had no issues with active hood pedestrian safety system. Just to be safe I had my dad walk in front of my car at a 12ish mph roll and the system worked fine. Unfortunately I don’t have any instructions on how to remove the front grille as I had a body shop do mine. I lacked the space, time, tools and I had to get the front inserts painted so I had to remove the bumper anyways, but my body shop I took it off with no issues. I do think somewhere on this forum RoRi did mention something about the process.

GranSport2019

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS - NAIAS Display Vehicle
Jeez, for your dad's sake, I'm glad it worked! :LOL:
I retract that part of my statement.

Lol apparently I got confused with what system he was talking about. No I didn’t not test that system. Hope it does still work

RoRi

I just ordered the grill, emblem, and all the trim parts from Blitzparts. How difficult is it to swap out the grill? Does the entire bumper cover have to be removed? Is it something a body shop should do? Mine is non-ACC.

Thanks!
Yes, the bumper cover has to be removed. It's not difficult. There's only one harness plug to unplug for the foglights and impact sensors. The hardest part is removing the old grill; there's about 2 dozen little clips that all have to be released.

ECM56

Falls Church, Virginia
Buick Ownership
2018.5 (White needle) TourX Essence DC1 DC2 S&S Pano
Bobby:

Are the Rear Bumper OPC Side Skirts (39112658 and 39112658) basically paintable replacements for the flexible cladding - similar but not exactly the same shape? Are they fiberglass or ABS? It's hard to see in the pictures and I couldn't find them in the exploded parts diagram from BitzParts . . .

Thanks!
Eric

RoRi

Bobby:

Are the Rear Bumper OPC Side Skirts (39112658 and 39112658) basically paintable replacements for the flexible cladding - similar but not exactly the same shape? Are they fiberglass or ABS? It's hard to see in the pictures and I couldn't find them in the exploded parts diagram from BitzParts . . .

Thanks!
Eric
The cladding and exhaust surround are all one piece on the Tourx. To delete that cladding you will need the Opel exhaust surround. The OPC side skirts are not required.

They are ABS and are part of the GSi package. Not needed, but they match the GS sideskirts.

ECM56

Falls Church, Virginia
Buick Ownership
2018.5 (White needle) TourX Essence DC1 DC2 S&S Pano
The cladding and exhaust surround are all one piece on the Tourx. To delete that cladding you will need the Opel exhaust surround. The OPC side skirts are not required.

They are ABS and are part of the GSi package. Not needed, but they match the GS sideskirts.
Got it. Thank you!

RTF

I haven’t got to read the whole thread yet, but just want to confirm the TourX 18 wheels will clear on the GS!? I’ve been looking for a winter tire setup for a 19 GS and will possibly go this route if they clear. Thanks in advance!

RoRi

I haven’t got to read the whole thread yet, but just want to confirm the TourX 18 wheels will clear on the GS!? I’ve been looking for a winter tire setup for a 19 GS and will possibly go this route if they clear. Thanks in advance!
Yes, they clear

Pedal Commander