• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

RTF

Yes, they clear
Thanks for the reply. Do you know for sure if the mounting points are the same between the tourx and GS? I’m just wondering if the rotor size/position difference might have the caliper in a different spot on the GS versus the tourx.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Thanks for the reply. Do you know for sure if the mounting points are the same between the tourx and GS? I’m just wondering if the rotor size/position difference might have the caliper in a different spot on the GS versus the tourx.
According to this website

Buick Regal 2018 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs

All Regal wheels share the same bolt pattern and very similar offset. 18in will clear the Brembos on the GS especially when it comes to OEM Buick wheels.

18in is actually perfect winter tire sizing because the 245-45R18 tires have exactly the same perimeter as the 245-40R19.

I didn't get Buick wheels, but got a set of cheap-and-not-cheerful wheels for my GS. That was the only set the shop had with 5x115 bolt pattern, fits pretty well. The shop did NOT recommend 5x114.3, FYI.
1574778940842.png

Drive safe in winter :)

50Joe

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Yes, the bumper cover has to be removed. It's not difficult. There's only one harness plug to unplug for the foglights and impact sensors. The hardest part is removing the old grill; there's about 2 dozen little clips that all have to be released.
Your wagon is kick ass man. New owner as of today and I have one quick question. I do not have ACC. Is there an Opel or Vauxhall (prefer Opel) front emblem that can replace the Buick emblem without having to replace the whole grill?

Last edited:

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Your wagon is kick ass man. New owner as of today and I have one quick question. I do not have ACC. Is there an Opel or Vauxhall (prefer Opel) front emblem that can replace the Buick emblem without having to replace the whole grill?

Do it correctly, or don't do it at all. I've seen people plop various badges over the Buick grill and it looks like complete crap IMO.

50Joe

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Do it correctly, or don't do it at all. I've seen people plop various badges over the Buick grill and it looks like complete crap IMO.
Does the Buick badge separate from the grill easily? I have a friend with a 3D printer and could duplicate the size, etc and print in a different logo or anything else I want.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
Fairly easily, you'll have to remove the plastic plate which covers the space between the front grille and the radiator--7 plastic rivets (use a small bladed screwdriver) and then you can see the back of the Buick emblem (and the top two tab clips that hold it on, the bottom two you can feel for). Press the top two tabs and push them towards the front, then likewise the bottom two & the emblem should come off.

50Joe

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Fairly easily, you'll have to remove the plastic plate which covers the space between the front grille and the radiator--7 plastic rivets (use a small bladed screwdriver) and then you can see the back of the Buick emblem (and the top two tab clips that hold it on, the bottom two you can feel for). Press the top two tabs and push them towards the front, then likewise the bottom two & the emblem should come off.

[/URL]
Thank you for the reply. Looks easy peasy. I know the Euro Opel wagon emblem doesn't fit and looks to be much smaller but I wonder if an emblem from one of their vans could be modified to fit the back of the Buick emblem? The Opel emblems look bigger from pics on the German website as compared to the Opel wagon.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
If your friend can design/make the front grill emblem, maybe make it lit like some of the the new 'cedes have. I think it looks cool, and guess many manufacturers will follow suit as LED's can be, and are, put so many places these days

Pedal Commander