• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

philiphilip

2018 Regal TourX Essence
Hey RoRi or anyone else who's lowered their car on the H&R springs, was that with stock shocks and struts or were those swapped out as well? I would really like a more sports tourer-like ride height so I'm gathering info on how to make that happen.

Thanks!

no-pistons

Tourx
Hey RoRi or anyone else who's lowered their car on the H&R springs, was that with stock shocks and struts or were those swapped out as well? I would really like a more sports tourer-like ride height so I'm gathering info on how to make that happen.

Thanks!
As far as I can tell, no aftermarket shocks have been released yet. And for what it's worth, I think I read a while back on online that H&R DE designed these springs to be used with the stock "Country Tourer" shocks.

philiphilip

2018 Regal TourX Essence
As far as I can tell, no aftermarket shocks have been released yet. And for what it's worth, I think I read a while back on online that H&R DE designed these springs to be used with the stock "Country Tourer" shocks.
Good to know! That definitely makes things easier. Thanks!

AWDmonk

2018 T-Rex
I picked up my 2018 last week and found this build about 5 minutes ago. I can't read it all at work now but I need to know, is there a WTB thread for either car?

RedX

2019 Buick Regal TourX
@RoRi,

I wanted to confirm with you the required parts for the Brembo brake swap.

Calipers
Rotors
Pads
Brake Lines
Dust Shields

Is there anything else I'm missing? Thanks!

Ultima1987

@RoRi
Do you feel that the front shocks blow through the travel pretty quickly on moderate bumps like RR crossings and hit the stops. The ride is great with the H&R springs, but I feel the front shocks need more compression damping to keep it from bottoming on the stops.

Any thoughts on what you are feeling?

no-pistons

Tourx
@RoRi
Do you feel that the front shocks blow through the travel pretty quickly on moderate bumps like RR crossings and hit the stops. The ride is great with the H&R springs, but I feel the front shocks need more compression damping to keep it from bottoming on the stops.

Thats one thing I've been concerned with, hence hesitating on getting springs and waiting for coilovers or a spring/strut kit. With that said, post pictures of your lowered TourX!

RoRi

@RoRi

Yeah, that's the same experience I have, but I've lowered every car I've ever owned and it's really not that bad compared to others.

Ultima1987

Same here on lowering all my cars. If we had just a bit stiffer damper it would be perfect. Handling is waaaaaay better lowered. Thanks for the quick reply.

Any hints on finding wheels that fit? It's a bit rough finding the right bolt pattern and offset in 19" wheels.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Regal TourX
Same here on lowering all my cars. If we had just a bit stiffer damper it would be perfect. Handling is waaaaaay better lowered. Thanks for the quick reply.

Any hints on finding wheels that fit? It's a bit rough finding the right bolt pattern and offset in 19" wheels.
I think there are some 19" Lacrosse wheels that would bolt on, if you're into that kind of thing.

DasWagen

2018 Tour x

There are 20" Lacrosse wheels out there too. Same 5x115 bolt pattern and 40mm+/- off-set.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!