Lowered GS..... finally!

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
Hey bro...remember how Graeme was saying that H&R makes these springs to order? I wonder if they could make some 50mm+ springs just for the front. The front needs another inch or so IMO.

Good luck. That guy doesn't reply to me unless I email him three times asking "HEY, did you get my emails" and then he writes "sorry chap, my server has been deleting emails, but I got this one" He also accused our shocks of being the culprit for the uneven drop; I'm really unimpressed with him and the service.

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
If you do talk to him, read post #110 http://buickforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=155918&postcount=110 and ask him if he ever talked to H&R. Maaybe you'll have better luck with him than I did.

Alright...so I'm back in contact with him. I'm trying to figure out if he can talk H&R into making a front spring for us that would offer a 50mm drop. If not he confirmed another set of V-Maxx's that offer a 45mm drop in both the front and the back.

H&R makes these springs to order (for our cars at least)...but in the event that they're unwilling to make a custom front spring for me and I decide to go with the V-Maxx's I'll be putting my H&R's up for sale. PM me if interested :headbang:.

13rooks

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I know that this thread is old,but I want to know if those coilover are ok for the regal gs???
I know opel insignia OPC is AWD,but you can make a little modification to fit the spring

but the shocks are all the same front and rear between regal gs and insignia???? if it is the same for front spring,front shocks and rear shocks,i can make a little modification to fit the spring in the rear like you did.
Here is the KW coilover:

http://kw.suspensiondirect.co.uk/KW-Vauxhall-Opel-Insignia-sedan-0G-A-OPC-without-cancellation-kit-INOX-Variant-3-Coilover-35260062_24449_22_3267_17903.jsp

sorry for my English,i'm a French Canadian!!!
have a good day

statelaw09

Mid Michigan
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Hi all,

long-time lurker (since I purchased my 2011 Turbo last February), first-time poster. Just bumping this thread as I recently purchased and installed H&R springs. I believe there were a few members asking earlier in the thread whether the 28998-5 springs would work on a Turbo, since it seemed that everyone who installed the springs did so on GS's. Well, I can personally confirm that they will in fact work on a Turbo, at least 2011-2013 models. Not sure on the newer "refresh" 2014+ models. I was confident that the rear springs were the same as the GS, but had concerns that the front springs would not work, as the struts between the Turbo and GS were possibly different because of the hiper strut setup on the GS. I decided to take a gamble and go ahead and purchase the springs anyway.

I ended up ordering the springs from ppcgb.com. They seemed to be the best deal in terms of cost of the springs and the international shipping. Some vendors on ebay wanted $80+ USD just for shipping alone and would have ended up being well over $300 total. Cost ended up being $277 total from ppcgb. Ordered them on February 27, shipped on March 10, and arrived March 16. Given the international shipping and reading some of the stories from other posters on this board saying they waited over a month, I thought they arrived relatively quickly.

While I was initially going to wait until the weekend to install, I ended up putting the springs on last night. Lowered the car 1" in the front and 1.75" in the rear. The job was overall fairly easy - the rear installation was identical as GTXgp described in his initial post in this thread. The fronts were probably easier than on a GS, as I unbolted the strut from the knuckle and removed only the strut assembly (compared to the entire strut/knuckle/hub/rotor assembly as poster GTXgp did on his GS. The ride height now looks comparable to those posters who have installed the springs on their GSs. Also, I have had no issues with the active suspension control.

I wanted to take before and after pictures and post them, but probably wont have time to do so until this weekend. Anyway, just wanted to share, especially with those Turbo owners who were/are curious as to the compatibility of the springs.

kranz38

Crown Point
Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Hi all,

long-time lurker (since I purchased my 2011 Turbo last February), first-time poster. Just bumping this thread as I recently purchased and installed H&R springs. I believe there were a few members asking earlier in the thread whether the 28998-5 springs would work on a Turbo, since it seemed that everyone who installed the springs did so on GS's. Well, I can personally confirm that they will in fact work on a Turbo, at least 2011-2013 models. Not sure on the newer "refresh" 2014+ models. I was confident that the rear springs were the same as the GS, but had concerns that the front springs would not work, as the struts between the Turbo and GS were possibly different because of the hiper strut setup on the GS. I decided to take a gamble and go ahead and purchase the springs anyway.

I ended up ordering the springs from ppcgb.com. They seemed to be the best deal in terms of cost of the springs and the international shipping. Some vendors on ebay wanted $80+ USD just for shipping alone and would have ended up being well over $300 total. Cost ended up being $277 total from ppcgb. Ordered them on February 27, shipped on March 10, and arrived March 16. Given the international shipping and reading some of the stories from other posters on this board saying they waited over a month, I thought they arrived relatively quickly.

While I was initially going to wait until the weekend to install, I ended up putting the springs on last night. Lowered the car 1" in the front and 1.75" in the rear. The job was overall fairly easy - the rear installation was identical as GTXgp described in his initial post in this thread. The fronts were probably easier than on a GS, as I unbolted the strut from the knuckle and removed only the strut assembly (compared to the entire strut/knuckle/hub/rotor assembly as poster GTXgp did on his GS. The ride height now looks comparable to those posters who have installed the springs on their GSs. Also, I have had no issues with the active suspension control.

I wanted to take before and after pictures and post them, but probably wont have time to do so until this weekend. Anyway, just wanted to share, especially with those Turbo owners who were/are curious as to the compatibility of the springs.
Any pics, i still would like to see a good before and after shot.

statelaw09

Mid Michigan
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Here are a couple before and after pics, although with the lighting, the "before" pic didn't turn out all that great. FYI, the wheels are 19's.
IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0006.jpg

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
it looks good actually , my only thing.. is it looks like its been dropped i prefer a very natural lowered stance

but no one else have these springs and it looks really good

QSilverGS

Holland, MI
Buick Ownership
2012 GS, 2006 Rendezvous
Always liked those wheels but rarely see them on any of the turbos though. They'd even make a 750 look good.
Anyway ride looks good even with the rear a little low.

statelaw09

Mid Michigan
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Thanks guys. Yeah, from the picture it looks like the rear is slightly lower than the front, however, it's exactly 27 1/4" from the ground to the top of the opening of the fender arch on both front and back wheels. Might be the incline of my driveway in the pic. I would prefer it to look slightly more raked, but oh well. I guess I need coilovers if I want to get picky

bennyblaze

Ypsilanti, Michigan
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Here are a couple before and after pics, although with the lighting, the "before" pic didn't turn out all that great. FYI, the wheels are 19's.
View attachment 7334 View attachment 7335

Wow, super clean! I have the GS 19's, and now I really can't wait to install my springs!!!!! How is the ride quality? I really love this look.

ZoomZoom Diva

5.7L LS1 Member
Apple Valley, MN
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS "Bruce"
I think it lands right about perfect, as the wheel gap also appears the same front and rear and there's just room for a finger or two, which is where I like it. Not into the slammed or tucked look personally. Also interested in ride firmness as well as ride control. I'm willing to tolerate sharper, tightly controlled movements over a bouncier choppier ride.

statelaw09

Mid Michigan
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Ride quality isn't actually all that different from the stock springs. Slightly stiffer, but that's about it. Not drastically bouncy like you get with some springs.

gjtalis

ny
Buick Ownership
2012 reagal gs
so now that some of you guys have been riding around on your H&R's for a while, was curious to know if its caused any issues with the GS's sensors and or handling? Would love to jump on board and pick up a set if i knew i wasn't heading into disaster.

statelaw09

Mid Michigan
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
I have the suspension control option on my turbo, no issues or codes so far after having the springs on for about a month now. Can't speak for the GS guys, but I don't recall seeing anyone with problems after installing the springs on their GS's.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!