Lowered GS..... finally!

jepva

Richmond, VA
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 6MT
3 HOURS FOR THE REAR?? Did you look at the pics on the first page? Make sure they charge you the right thing... the rears might take half an hour.

And no alignment should be necessary.

You should always get an alignment after lowering springs- it changes the camber and will lead to abnormal tire wear if not aligned correctly. Ask me how I know. ;)

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise

jepva

Richmond, VA
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 6MT
Is V-Maxx any good though? They seem quite a bit cheaper than the H&R or Eibach, I wonder why?

I also see a Milltek cat-back exhaust on there for the Insignia 2.0T. Would that work on our cars?

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Is V-Maxx any good though? They seem quite a bit cheaper than the H&R or Eibach, I wonder why?

I also see a Milltek cat-back exhaust on there for the Insignia 2.0T. Would that work on our cars?

How much different can springs really be? There's a lot of hype behind Eibach & H&R right? V-Maxx is probably more of an up and coming company with less brand recognition - but I could be wrong, who knows. I know one thing though. Our car needs a 45-50mm drop in the front and a 35-40mm drop in the rear according to my taste of course...and these springs would do just that.

As far as the cat back goes...I don't think the shipping costs would be worth it. There's stuff coming out for our cars soon.

cozbyrt

6.0L LS2 Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-05
How much different can springs really be? There's a lot of hype behind Eibach & H&R right? V-Maxx is probably more of an up and coming company with less brand recognition - but I could be wrong, who knows. I know one thing though. Our car needs a 45-50mm drop in the front and a 35-40mm drop in the rear according to my taste of course...and these springs would do just that.

As far as the cat back goes...I don't think the shipping costs would be worth it. There's stuff coming out for our cars soon.

So we do need more of drop in the front than the rear. I was wondering which was why I asked about the Thorney motorsports question earlier in the thread. Sometimes it is good not to be the guinea pig ;)

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
So we do need more of drop in the front than the rear. I was wondering which was why I asked about the Thorney motorsports question earlier in the thread. Sometimes it is good not to be the guinea pig ;)

The 30mm drop does help quite a bit but it still didn't sit like I want it to. I'm looking for that little bit of tuck. I'm thinking, like I mentioned before, that a good 45-50mm drop in the front and a 35-40mm drop in the rear would be ideal to really get this car sitting like it should have straight from the manufacturer.

Schneeds

Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS
The V-Maxx springs are weighted for considerably more weight. Anyone concerned with the potential stiffness there?

GTXgp, where did you order your springs from? I don't see the -5's on the V-Maxx site. Thinking about just going with yours since it looks just about perfect.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
The V-Maxx springs are weighted for considerably more weight. Anyone concerned with the potential stiffness there?

GTXgp, where did you order your springs from? I don't see the -5's on the V-Maxx site. Thinking about just going with yours since it looks just about perfect.

There's another set on there that's for a 40mm drop in both the front & rear (also made by V-Maxx). I didn't look at the specs on them really since my main interest was in the ones I posted. Here's the thing...with the springs that most of us have...30mm is sufficient in the rear (35mm-40mm would be ideal) but 45mm-50mm in the front is what we should be shooting for. There's quite a bit of gap left over in the front with 30mm (about 3 1/2 fingers worth of gap) whereas in the rear we're left with about 1 1/2 fingers worth of gap. So, in a perfect world...I'd love to see a set offered that lowered the front 50mm and the rear 35mm. I hope that helps.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
on my 19s stock its roughly 3.5 fingers stock

so im assuming with H&R on my 19s id be 2 fingers ?

Last edited:

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Okay...so it's 3 fingers in the front & 1 finger in the rear.

So, like I was saying...

A 45-50mm drop in the front and a 35-40mm drop in the rear would be what I personally would shoot for to get that real aggressive stance that I think we're all shooting for.

Really...I'd even be happy with keeping the 30mm drop in the rear and going with a 45-50mm drop in the front.

cozbyrt

6.0L LS2 Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-05
Maybe you could talk a fellow regal owner that lives somewhat close to you into buying the 45-50mm springs and he could send you two of the 45s and you could send him two of your 30s. Maybe easier said than done. Just a thought.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Maybe you could talk a fellow regal owner that lives somewhat close to you into buying the 45-50mm springs and he could send you two of the 45s and you could send him two of your 30s. Maybe easier said than done. Just a thought.

There appears to be two other kits that would work on our cars, both made by V-Maxx. One offers a 45/40mm drop & the other a 40/40mm drop. I doubt anyone would be wiling to trade off their 45 or 40mm front springs for my 30mm's. What I'm going to have to do is get confirmation from VX Motorsports as to whether either one of these kits will work for sure and then order one, put them on, and then sell my H&R's. I live near Phoenix which is the 6th largest city in the country so I doubt it'd take too long to get rid of them. I've seen a few GS's riding around down around these parts.

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise

I'm not sure about the V-Maxx part numbers, but "-5" was part of H&R's part number. It was a question of "-5" vs "-1" for our cars.

xXCraigerzXx

Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm not sure about the V-Maxx part numbers, but "-5" was part of H&R's part number. It was a question of "-5" vs "-1" for our cars.

Hey bro...remember how Graeme was saying that H&R makes these springs to order? I wonder if they could make some 50mm+ springs just for the front. The front needs another inch or so IMO.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
^^^

you know what that's a very good question

I would think they could upon request.. if someone gave me 300 dollars and had a request I know I would accommodate

Get your turbo buick badge right here!