Lowered GS..... finally!

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
Stop being a pansy... mine is a lease too :icon:

lol i will definitely be doing something but the next month or 2 im just readjusting to new car payments and new bills coming in

im not sure what i wanna do to it .. theres such a limited market that its not like i can pick and choose but really the only things i wanna do is tune it and lower it and tint it

it really doesnt need anything else

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
Exactly. The ST is the wagon. The saloon (or limo) is the sedan. The hatch is... well... a hatch.... but it looks similar to the sedan.

28998-5 is the correct model for the H&Rs and that's what I'm running with zero problems. I don't know what the model number is for the Eibach, but if you get a Saloon version that is up to 1160 it will be fine.

so you speak german? lol

http://www.opc-club.de/forum/vectra...-fragen-hello-from-america-several-questions/

yeah i do my research lol

JJhummus

Beavercreek, Ohio
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac
Mine's a lease too...

Once I hear the price I will post and then you all can make a final decision. I will keep you posted!

I think I show 4 of you so far.

cozbyrt

6.0L LS2 Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-05
http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/vauxhall/insignia/insignia-vxr-r.shtml

insignia-vxrr-side_zpsc35f07f2.jpg

This is Thorney Motorsports VXR-R Insignia. If you check the link above, their website says they use eibach springs with 30mm in the rear and 40 mm in the front. It looks good but I am wondering why the different heights? Is this something we should do?

mikeg

3.8L Turbo Member
Overland Park, KS
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07 Russelsheim
I just checked my connection to see if I could buy several sets for the guys here. The last set I used my connection for imported them for less than the cost of the springs in Europe alone. If anyone is interested, just say so and I will see if I can get them. I wouldn't ask anyone to pay until they were here and ready to ship domestically. I'll let you know what I find.

JJhumus, I'd be interested also. Thanks.

nvrlate

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I would be interested as well. Depending on price. Thanks.

jepva

Richmond, VA
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 6MT
http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/vauxhall/insignia/insignia-vxr-r.shtml

insignia-vxrr-side_zpsc35f07f2.jpg

This is Thorney Motorsports VXR-R Insignia. If you check the link above, their website says they use eibach springs with 30mm in the rear and 40 mm in the front. It looks good but I am wondering why the different heights? Is this something we should do?

That looks sweet but if its the same AWD as the Insignia OPC it has a different rear subframe and the springs probably aren't right for our FWD car.

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
I just checked my connection to see if I could buy several sets for the guys here. The last set I used my connection for imported them for less than the cost of the springs in Europe alone. If anyone is interested, just say so and I will see if I can get them. I wouldn't ask anyone to pay until they were here and ready to ship domestically. I'll let you know what I find.

I would also be interested depending on price.

JJhummus

Beavercreek, Ohio
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac
That looks sweet but if its the same AWD as the Insignia OPC it has a different rear subframe and the springs probably aren't right for our FWD car.

The springs are not the same, trustme on that one... I have the AWD springs on mine and it took some modifications to make it right.

BTW, I stopped over to my H&R guy today and we are trying to find a way to approach our connection about buying multiple sets of the FWD springs for you guys. I don't know the guy personal but I believe he runs H&R for NA. He lets us buy personal sets with no issues as we have known him threw being in the aftermarket wheel business for 25+ years, but we have never asked to buy multiples and resell them. I should know something in a day or two.

J

mikeg

3.8L Turbo Member
Overland Park, KS
Buick Ownership
Has anybody lower their Regal Turbo CLX? I'm asking since every car that has been lowered so far has been a GS car and the GS has a different suspension than the non GS model.

mikeg

3.8L Turbo Member
Overland Park, KS
Buick Ownership
After installing the new springs, does the car need four wheel alignment?

Are there struts in the front and back?

The shop I'm talking to for the installation says it would take 3 hours for the front and 3 for the rear if there are struts in the rear, plus four wheel alignment.

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
3 HOURS FOR THE REAR?? Did you look at the pics on the first page? Make sure they charge you the right thing... the rears might take half an hour.

And no alignment should be necessary.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!