• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Short lived TourX

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Just because some of the design work may have been done already doesn't mean it is a wise decision from the start. Best I can tell from some sales records I found online; between Buick and Opel/Vauxhall etc they are moving <200k units per year. That is less than the number of Honda Accords sold in just the US. I would imagine the percentage of these sales that are wagons is pretty low. So that means they are making these modifications for a very limited production run. This can't be cost effective regardless of whether it is done for one market or 50.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I think we should all start a car company together. With our collective knowledge we could never fail!
I've already got my pitch for equity partners teed up - "imagine a world of affordable, luxurious, high performance..station wagons!"

witzgall

Buick Ownership
nothing yet
Such a plan is sure to succeed, 1985 certainly is an exciting time for the automobile industry!

Chris
I've already got my pitch for equity partners teed up - "imagine a world of affordable, luxurious, high performance..station wagons!"

witzgall

Buick Ownership
nothing yet
The first family car I drove (not this one), a Plymouth Volare station wagon. 4 on the floor.. Me and Ricardo Montelban!

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Pretty sure VW already sells one.
Not a very good one. The rear cargo hold is a bit small, though if they sold it with the 2 liter turbo I may have been swayed.

Artyldr01

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I just bought a 2018 Tour X Essence, new, at end of model year blow out prices. I saw one a few months ago and thought it was a Volvo V60...but better. Other than that one I haven't seen a single one on the road...anywhere.

I agree with all everyone has said. I find it the sexiest car (outside an Aston Martin and frankly I think I'd still go for the TourX) on the road.

I couldn't believe I got, truly my perfect car (wagon, AWD, bells and whistles, blue, tan interior, moon roof, room to carry my Army equipment, guns, and did I mention SEXY?) and it was a rediculous deal, over $10,000 off. It had a slip of paper saying it arrived at port May 2018. It is now May 3, 2019 and it only had 42 miles on it when I bought it on Wednesday...it now has 250. Roughly a year on the lot and only 42 miles?!

I joke that I'm one of the 12 people in the US that loves wagons. I traded in a Silverado. I previously had a Mazda 6s Wagon I loved, another shortlived vehicle. I really don't understand why they are not marketing it to the Volvo V60/ Audi Allroad crowd.

I do know people (including me) say "old people" but even their campaign slogan "That's a Buick?" is spot on! And I had ZERO qualms buying this beauty. On top of that Japanes transmission, US engine, German made? Very cool. Though I understand Opel has been sold to a French company so it would seem Open does not equal GM therefore it probably isn't long for this world.

A true travesty, but I do like having one of the most unique, beautiful cars on the road.

Attachments

Last edited:

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
Watched the "Autoline: After Hours" from May 2nd and they mentioned there are something like 4.5 million unsold new vehicles on US dealer lots. It's a lot more than just our 2018 Buick Regals sitting around waiting to be bought…

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
VW is indeed cancelling both the Alltrack and the Sportwagen after 2019. I did give some decent consideration to them, and I still really like them for handling/agility (and the manual option), but the value proposition wasn't quite there. Part of the reason for cancellation, though, is because the Golf platform is being updated to the new Mark 8 generation, so the timing there was also a factor. Certainly more likely, the Tiguan sitting next to them on the dealer floor at a similar price point meant that it appealed only to those who don't want to give up the driving experience for a trendy look.

But yes, unfortunately, the SUV/crossover image is taking over for wagons. I never personally understood why people would want a shorter wheelbase and higher center of gravity in a car that barely sees a dirt road, but droves of buyers seem to love the look and style and the sensation of sitting higher up.

Pedal Commander