• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Short lived TourX

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Looks like yet another mini-SUV CUV whatever. No hint of a wagon here. I'm not giving them a pass on "market conditions." If the PSA Opel plant had enough orders, the plant would likely stay open. GM was well aware of this fact when they made the deal for the Regal/TourX. When you don't market what you're selling —and it appears this is perhaps puzzling to GM — few if any people know about it. :rolleyes: What a shame and a lost opportunity.

IanMitch

Buick Ownership
1979 LeSabre, 2010 Enclave, 2018 TourX
Just traded my 12 Acura TL Advance (AWD) with all the toys, paid close to $50k got $13k on trade w/60k on the clock. Wife's Acura TSX Sportwagon cost us $35k and the used market is going up currently worth $17k so I'm hoping this car does the same. I love our wagon and I'm just not a SUV, truck or high rider type of driver.

I'm hoping this car hangs on for at least a few years, possibly a new one before they are gone.
I would have expected the TL to have held more value than that.

Fleuger99

Austin, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Since GM seems to be exiting the car market I would guarantee that the TourX will only be around for a couple more yrs (maybe not even that long) Buick seems to have no idea on how to sell this wonderful car. I have mine 10 months and have yet to see another on the road and I live on Long Island where just about every family has 3 or 4 cars!) Not sure why GM is so willing to let this car die on the vine...They need to aggressively advertise with some catchy ads.....Current commercials barely mention the Tourx at all. Maybe since they are made by Opel GM really doesn't care BUT they are the only american maker that makes a station wagon. Not only have I not seen another Tourx in 10 months but those that see mine ask what it is..and are shocked when I mention the words Station Wagon.....Hope it's around in 2 more yrs so I can lease another....BAD MOVE GENERAL MOTORS!!!!!!
I test drove a TourX this morning, looking for a replacement to my 8 year old Volvo XC70. I was very pleasantly surprised by the car and I'm looking to lease one. The sales guy told me he thought 2020 would be the last year for these as sales have been terrible.

I love wagons which I need the space for my two large Greyhounds and prefer not to drive an SUV.

Fleuger99

Austin, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
It’s doomed because Buick doesn’t advertise them and dealers don’t want to sell. I heard from friends who went to Chicago Auto Show the car wasn’t even on the floor. We bought one in December and with the February deals and auto show cash, thinking about buying a second. Reached out to multiple dealers multiple times who have cars on their website with cars equipped the way I want and none of them have gotten back to me after several days.
I totally agree. I went to test drive a TourX this morning with my wife and the entire time the sales guys was negative about the car from it having low sales to thinking 2020 will be the last model year for the vehicle. I said to my wife several things I liked as we were driving and he kept trying to push me to a Chevy SUV.

IanMitch

Buick Ownership
I test drove a TourX this morning, looking for a replacement to my 8 year old Volvo XC70. I was very pleasantly surprised by the car and I'm looking to lease one. The sales guy told me he thought 2020 would be the last year for these as sales have been terrible.

I love wagons which I need the space for my two large Greyhounds and prefer not to drive an SUV.
Just took delivery of mine this morning to replace my 2006 XC70. The only single advantage I had in the Volvo is the ability to have a pet barrier. Otherwise I think I'll be very pleased with my longer, lower, more efficient wagon.

Attachments

Fleuger99

Austin, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Just took delivery of mine this morning to replace my 2006 XC70. The only single advantage I had in the Volvo is the ability to have a pet barrier. Otherwise I think I'll be very pleased with my longer, lower, more efficient wagon.
Congrats!! I really like that colour, which is it? I was looking at a dark moon blue metallic with black interior. Certain vehicles look better in certain colours depending on their shape etc. Your colour looks great on the TourX.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The pet barrier IS an Opel option but will not work in our Buicks because of the lack of the upper attachment points.

IanMitch

Buick Ownership
The pet barrier IS an Opel option but will not work in our Buicks because of the lack of the upper attachment points.
I wonder if there is something hidden under the headliner that we could access if we bought the trim pieces...

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I wonder if there is something hidden under the headliner that we could access if we bought the trim pieces...
There is a kit to add in the attachment points, but it was unclear if it will work on models with the moonroof. If you don’t have a moonroof, the kit would work nicely to add the points and get the barrier in there. (Sorry I don’t have Vauxhall numbers off hand.)

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

How does a greyhound fit in a TourX? We have Greater Swissy mountain dogs and our Male cannot stand up

How can a Greyhound fit in a TourX? We have Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs and the male has to lie down to fit.

IanMitch

Buick Ownership
There is a kit to add in the attachment points, but it was unclear if it will work on models with the moonroof. If you don’t have a moonroof, the kit would work nicely to add the points and get the barrier in there. (Sorry I don’t have Vauxhall numbers off hand.)
I may scout around a Vauxhall owners group and ask. I have the moonroof.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Congrats!! I really like that colour, which is it? I was looking at a dark moon blue metallic with black interior. Certain vehicles look better in certain colours depending on their shape etc. Your colour looks great on the TourX.
I have to admit, that red is my favorite color on the TourX.
I was going to wait until April to register my TourX but I think it has to be next Friday, road salt be damned.
I spent a good 1/2 hour rubbing in another coat of leather conditioner. Now the leather feels like cheap hard leather, an improvement, as it was originally like really cheap hard Pleather. It reminds me of school bus seat upholstery.
Anyone have a suggestion on how to get the dealer decal off the trunk-lid without damaging the paint?
I added a bumper protector, some while trim to protect edge of trunk-lid, and the side moldings as I was able to get the garage up to 53F today plus I used heat lamp to get the 3M tape to stick.
I was also able to stow away a jack and a bunch of other stuff in the "tire" well.
At least that way I have the means to get rim off car and get a another tire in an emergency. (Or just carry a loose spare.)

Attachments

Last edited:

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
Rummaging around on the internet reveals...

Retrofit kit for Opel/Vauxhall Tourer cargo/dog grid is 39059622
The actual cargo grid is 39069389 (Opel) or 39062252 (Vauxhall)
There is also a 'Dog Guard' barrier available; 39079745

Standard disclaimer: Just like the front tow hook--I have no idea if there are any actual mounting points attached to the frame of the car; it would stand to reason that there are (Oh wait, that's a Buick--don't weld those things on!) but who knows.

Fleuger99

Austin, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Anyone have a suggestion on how to get the dealer decal off the trunk-lid without damaging the paint?
In the past I've used a heat gun or hair dryer to warm up the dealer decal, then use dental floss to get under it and work it off. There will be some residual sticky stuff left, simply get some cleaner wax (its a little abrasive) and that will take off the remaining gunk leaving the surface nice and clean.

TourXer

I have to admit, that red is my favorite color on the TourX.
I was going to wait until April to register my TourX but I think it has to be next Friday, road salt be damned.
I spent a good 1/2 hour rubbing in another coat of leather conditioner. Now the leather feels like cheap hard leather, an improvement, as it was originally like really cheap hard Pleather. It reminds me of school bus seat upholstery.
I added a bumper protector, some while trim to protect edge of trunk-lid, and the side moldings as I was able to get the garage up to 53F today plus I used heat lamp to get the 3M tape to stick.
I was also able to stow away a jack and a bunch of other stuff in the "tire" well.
At least that way I have the means to get rim off car and get a another tire in an emergency. (Or just carry a loose spare.)
Got a side view picture of your car with the side mouldings on? Thinking of doing the same thing. Color matched? Price?
Where did you get the trunk liner protector? Looking good.

printf

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
None, currently shopping/researching
I test drove a TourX this morning, looking for a replacement to my 8 year old Volvo XC70. I was very pleasantly surprised by the car and I'm looking to lease one.
I am curious about the lease figures from your dealer. When I asked two dealers about leasing in December last year, the numbers were so ridiculously high (at least to me) that I would have been better off just financing the car.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Got a side view picture of your car with the side mouldings on? Thinking of doing the same thing. Color matched? Price?
Where did you get the trunk liner protector? Looking good.
Recent Purchases for TourX, etc.
My recent auto purchases, amazon List, Also bought a few things on ebay.

This side moldings are good quality and painted to match your paint code.

Amazon.com: Dawn Enterprises FE-REGAL18-TOURX Finished End Body Side Molding Compatible with Buick Regal - Abalone White TRICOAT (GE8): Automotive

Amazon.com: Jimat 2pcs Buick Logo Black Leather Car Seat Safety Belt Strap Covers Shoulder Pad Accessories Fit For Buick Cascada Enclave Encore Envision LaCrosse Regal GS Regal TourX: Automotive

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F9PY3PN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9HB79W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X6FT1X4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016MBHC56/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051TPJKG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P45RAS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JK2D06/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is good if you like Black

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029XC7M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KHUQ2PU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No TourX yet?

https://www.autotrader.com Essence